S2E05b - SWAT Kats Unplugged

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

S2E05b - SWAT Kats Unplugged

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm

So, let's discuss this short. I'll open by pointing out that I figured I discovered why Al is never seen again after season one:

The pilot's seat beside Ann is empty! The helicopter is flying itself! ManxScared

Also, a funny detail about Chopshop is that apparently someone decided his pants legs (and only the legs) should be colored the same as his fur, making it look like he's in a speedo.

Also someone cloned the Sergeant! His character model apparently recycled for nameless minor officers, with only Night of the Dark Kat bothering to try and give these guys somewhat different body builds and faces. For example, see the two in the cell with Feral when he's questioning Hard Drive.

And I believe that is also one of only two brief shots Felina appears in in this episode, the other being this one:

Both shots are startlingly brief, but it's nice they included her. Similarly, a lot of people could be forgiven for not knowing Manx and Callie were in this episode, but nevertheless, here they are on the train platform:

And in that shot we also see the return of three background characters from season one. The guy on the left with his hands on his hips was originally designed for The Giant Bacteria, but never appears in it. He does however appear in The Wrath of Dark Kat and The Metallikats, however. The fellow with the briefcase in the double-breasted suit is seen in The Giant Bacteria and in The Wrath of Dark Kat, although his suit was white in those episodes. The woman, meanwhile, was also designed for The Giant Bacteria but never appeared in it (AFAIK). I think she may be seen in The Wrath of Dark Kat and The Metallikats, but I can't be sure.

And finally... ouch:

2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Jiesi
Long-Term Resident

Re: S2E05b - SWAT Kats Unplugged

Postby Jiesi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Also, a funny detail about Chopshop is that apparently someone decided his pants legs (and only the legs) should be colored the same as his fur, making it look like he's in a speedo.

Oh god what immediately came to mind was Who wears short shorts TboneWhistling I have that on record somewhere now I have to play just for the hell of it.
1 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:50 pm

The truly bizarre thing is that's not some kind of coloring error Mook made, according to Chopshop's official model sheet.

So either his flight suit's legs bellow the thigh straps are inexplicably colored the same as his fur... or he really is in what amount to booty shorts.

Also, apropos of nothing, but according to said model sheets, the original title was supposed to be "SWAT Kats... Unplugged." And it appears (unless the font is just smushing the T and K together) that they spelled it "SWATKats".
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:25 pm

A little better look in the updated gallery: http://galleries.megakatcity.com/tbs-ar ... large.html

And, as already pointed out, according to the notation the same color values are used.

Looks like he is wearing shorts.
2 x

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident

Postby Felix Kayne » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:06 am

Kooshmeister wrote:
And finally... ouch:

I have had ear buds shock the inside of my ears, so I can confirm. It does indeed kinda hurt.
2 x

Return to “Episode Discussion”