What I Love About SWAT Kats...

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Re: What I Love About SWAT Kats...

Postby NeeKnight » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:51 pm

What I love about the show SWAT Kats is: The sheer cavalcade of criminals and causers of chaos. ^^ Think about it, we have time travellers, reptile scientists, dark lords of the apocalypse, robot gangsters, ubercharged technocrats and MadKat. All that without mentioning the monsters of the week!
5 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: United States of America

Postby Ty-Chou » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 pm

The kats caught my interest, and I stayed for the monsters. The dark grittiness of the first season, then the stylized darkness of the second season. Everything about this show felt tailor-made to my interests. I was obsessed from start to finish.
7 x

Agracite
Resident

Postby Agracite » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:12 pm

I love the ACTION!! Some episodes were more exciting than others but each episode left me wanting more.
3 x
"My momma musta put agracite in my cereal when I was a kitten."

https://agraciteinmycereal.tumblr.com/

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:42 pm

What I love about SWAT Kats is... the animation! Yeah, it has some errors here and there, but it is awesome. Even more cool is that anime-like style it has (very noticeable in some scenes like Callie's Tax Attack CallieIcon1).
3 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:50 pm

What I love about SWAT Kats is... it was the first anthro animated adventure series that was primarily serious. As much as I get into stuff like The Disney Afternoon, SK really filled a void. And the people who worked on the show actually enjoyed it and tried to make the best series they could. I'd also like to second some of the aspects that others have brought up: the strong female characters, the awesome rogues gallery, the rockin' soundtrack, the often excellent animation.
5 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

QueenSimia
Fandom Veteran

Postby QueenSimia » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:37 am

What I love is that pretty much anything can happen, and everyone takes it in stride. Geneticist dies and is resurrected as a pantsless kat-plant-snake hybrid? "Eh, what can you do." There's a kindly mad scientist who lives at the edge of town and has no problem implanting the minds of rando dead criminals he found into androids (ailurodroids?) just to see what happens? "Oh yeah, that's just Old Man Hackle at it again. He's a real hoot, that guy." Kaiju every other week rampaging downtown? "Wait, that doesn't happen where you're from? Parking must be great there."

"Anything goes" is really the theme of the show, and nobody questions it. I love that so much.
7 x
|||| friendly neighborhood aero ace ||||

Return to “SK Show Discussion”