ART CHALLENGE 1

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
MoDaD
Janitor
Flag: United States of America

ART CHALLENGE 1

Postby MoDaD » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:10 pm

ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES HAVE BEEN SUMITTED. VOTING HAS BEGUN.

Full details here. This is the official thread for ART CHALLENGE 1.
The SWAT Kats Revolution has begun, but it’s been over 20 years since SWAT Kats first aired. A lot of time has passed, and with that, styles, trends, ‘what’s cool’ and a whole host of other factors have changed. From a 2016 perspective, your challenge is to redesign or portray a canon character how you think they would appear in a contemporary setting (i.e. how they would look on television today or how they would look ‘modernized’). The character can be a protagonist or villain character. The minimum amount of canon characters is one, and if you’re feeling generous, you can have more than one redesigned character in the image/scene.

The deadline is set for March 28, 2016 at 9:00 am PST. You can post your art to this thread at any time before that. Good luck!

This thread can also be used to discuss the challenge, talk about ideas related to it should you wish to, clear up any questions, post art progress if you wish, or to announce your participation (optional, not required), or to coordinate/request a collaboration.
0 x
Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been very inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Re: ART CHALLENGE 1

Postby TazKat » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:52 pm

I'm in :3
1 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Artsite
My Blog
Art Commission Info

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident

Postby Prettyshadowj26 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Me too
0 x

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla

Postby Betaruga » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:13 pm

I'm having a hard enough time just catching up with everything fandom-wise, so maybe sometime in the future?
0 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination

Postby LowdogCraft » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:58 am

I'd love to participate, but I have a trip to Florida I need to prepare and plan out, so not this time, sadly. Maybe next challenge I'll be able to join! c:
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:13 pm

Okie, I'll post my pic. It ended up being a lot more detailed, then I meant for it to be. Also, there was suppose to be a Creepling getting zapped at the bottom..... but I didn't like how my Creepling turned out. So I added in an OC. Anyways, Hard Drive was always my favorite character, even though he doesn't have too many episodes. Sooo to upgrade him. I made him look a bit more techie. Also I shortened his Surge Coat... as I remember the 90's had this big thing for long trench coats... its not much of a thing now (at least I don't think it is XD ). Added some gloves and a pair of goggles to him... Gave him a bit of shaggy hair on each side of his hawk.

7 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Poecat wrote:Image

That's really cool :D Really like your style, it comes through in the color choice and shading quite nicely. For those of us who don't know, who's the OC and why does Hard Drive seem to not be on the greatest of terms with him?

As for his redesign, not sure if describing him as "fitting in today" would be the right choice of words :lol: But, the contemporary elements make sense.
1 x
Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been very inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Poecat wrote:Image

WOW!!! I have no words for this, it's just... so... EPIC!!! That style has just made it, I want this Hard Drive on the new series <*_*>
3 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:32 pm

MoDaD wrote:That's really cool :D Really like your style, it comes through in the color choice and shading quite nicely. For those of us who don't know, who's the OC and why does Hard Drive seem to not be on the greatest of terms with him?

Thanks. The OC'c name is Flicker and in my world, he is a SWAT Kat that has electrical powers as well. When Flicker aka Kevin was a kit, there was an incident where Hard Drive had stolen some katalyst formula for Dark Kat and was being pursued by Enforcers. Kevin was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got zapped by Hard Drive's current as well as being exposed to the Katalyst formula... And with the grace of cartoons, mutated him into having electrical powers. With the question at hand for this image. I have imagined that Hard Drive had kept an eye on the kit.... even offered to train him, but Kevin is a good guy in his heart and refused any offers from HD. Which HD takes offense too... since he feels Flicker wouldn't have those powers without him.

MoDaD wrote:As for his redesign, not sure if describing him as "fitting in today" would be the right choice of words :lol: But, the contemporary elements make sense.

LOL. You are right that he more then likely doesn't fit in today. But had fun drawing this up anyways X3

Cait wrote:WOW!!! I have no words for this, it's just... so... EPIC!!! That style has just made it, I want this Hard Drive on the new series <*_*>

Thank you :3
1 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Poe you're design for HD is just HOT! (as in cool.... oh you know what I mean). I think my favorite parts are the goggles and the lit microchips in his shoulder armor. He really is a cool looking antagonist and you just ramped it up.

Nothing too detailed with mine:

"Where have you been all my life?"
9 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Artsite
My Blog
Art Commission Info

Return to “Fan Art”