The MEGA SWAT Kast - Episode 3 - NOW AVAILABLE!

If your creative masterpiece doesn't fit in art or text... then place it here! (Music, custom helmets, cosplay)
MoDaD
Janitor
Flag: United States of America

The MEGA SWAT Kast - Episode 3 - NOW AVAILABLE!

Postby MoDaD » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Choose your listening option at podcast.swatkats.info

You are cordially invited to the nuclear fuel rod heist, held by Dark Kat’s professional criminal services company. Please initial next to your death ray heat setting selection (Well Done - Extra Crispy - Vaporized) and kindly respond by September 25, 1993. RSVP due to limited seating. Unlimited attendance is available for the atomic after party. Bring a friend!

Please adjust your humor targeting displays to the lowest common denominator, and note that the accuracy of recollection missiles may vary.

Show Episode: The Wrath of Dark Kat

Felony: http://www.FelonyKat.com
MoDaD: @TheSWATKats - https://twitter.com/TheSWATKats
NeeKnight: @NeeKnight - https://twitter.com/NeeKnight
Sage: @MintiSage - https://twitter.com/MintiSage

This is a swatkats.info production. Make sure to BUY SWAT KATS DVDs at WBShop.com to keep Warner Bros. happy: http://www.wbshop.com/product/swat+kats ... 0181482.do
8 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Re: The MEGA SWAT Kast - Episode 3 - NOW AVAILABLE!

Postby Poecat » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Rock On! DarkKatFury
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:47 pm

The Megakat Nuclear Plant is not actually in the desert; it's beside the bay. They just colored the surface of the water the same as the sand for some reason. But you can see that it's water if you look closely enough.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:The Megakat Nuclear Plant is not actually in the desert; it's beside the bay. They just colored the surface of the water the same as the sand for some reason. But you can see that it's water if you look closely enough.

Yet another animation error?

P.S. This is my 100th post on the forum. Yay me! CalSmile
4 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Well, you can see the shoreline. And the water is colored a darker red than the land. I think what they were going for was the look of the sunset reflecting off of the water.

In any event, this location by the water matches up more or less with what's seen in The Ci-Kat-A and Volcanus Erupts!
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:55 pm

As a nice companion item, make sure to read Koosh's very amusing review of The Wrath of Dark Kat: https://swatkats.info/encyclopedia/fan- ... t-reviewed

I went out of my way not to re-read it prior to the recording, as I was trying to avoid stealing his material Madkatlaughing

But, I think it was impossible to avoid some similarities.

Anyway, we recorded the next podcast for Destructive Nature, with special guest Felony returning for that, who'll be putting her Dark Kat expertise to good use in that one RazSilly

It's in my queue, but not sure when that will come out. Probably in the next 7 to 15 days, depending on any unforeseen schedule things at work.

In 6 days we'll be joined by special guest Mark Lungo for our recording of The Metallikats, and a week after that I have special guest Kooshmeister reserved for Bride of the Pastmaster.

Thanks all for listening. And, remember to like, subscribe, share, etc. at the various places the podcast is located at on MixCloud, SoundCloud, Google Play, etc. Retweeting and sharing/liking on Facebook is also helpful! Much appreciated! After a few more of these are done, I'll start looking into iTunes as another distribution arm.
4 x
The MEGA SWAT Kast | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Episode Three! *does the happy, crazy Kermit arms* Yaaaaayyyy!

I listened to it at work and jotted down notes of my favorite parts. I was stupidly happy when it came out and I regret how harsh I've been on previous episodes with my feedback. Can I take it all back? I was trying to be constructive at first, but I feel like then I moved onto just being a cranky sourpuss about it. And I'm not sure why. Maybe jealousy. LOL Also, I have to constantly remind myself that if something is done differently than how I would have done it, it doesn't mean it's done badly. I have a problem with this. I'm trying to be better at it.

So here we go with thoughts on this episode.

Felony is in it! Awesome! Lovely to hear your voice! I get a kick out of hearing the voices of people I've seen on the internet, previously through typed word only.

I enjoyed the creeplings begging Dark Kat to go to McDonalds a little too much. There was something about it that really tickled my funny bone. Also, great job on the Dark Kat voice acting, whomever did it. That was a lot of fun.

I think it was Felony who said this. When Callie is yelling at Feral for firing too close to the reactor, then the Swat Kats arrive and she's like "Alright, do whatever." That made me laugh.

Also, Dark Kat's constant "Doomsday" should have been annoying after a while, but for some reason that also made me laugh. It still makes me grin when I think about it. This episode got just the right amount of "Doomsday" in it.

I really agree with MoDad when he talked about how the show is seen through the Swat Kat's eyes and we should consider their recollection of the day they lost their jobs as a story that's skewed from their perspective. I believe I talked about this on the board a while back, on the "Pastmaster Always Rings Twice" episode discussion thread, I think it was. Totally with you there, MD.

At the very, very end of this episode, I was really digging the music. Is it from the video game? Has it been in the other episodes and I'm just noticing it for the first time? Either way, I noticed it now and I liked it.

One tiiiiny little critique if I may? I felt this episode did get a little too into all the extra silly sounds. There was a lot. Not so much that I felt it was getting annoying and hurting the episode, but extra sound effects do take up time. This episode was an hour, the longest one yet. How much of that hour was sound effects? Unless you were aiming for it to be that long. Then, that's fine, too. *thumbs up*

I love that each episode reminds me how much I love this show. Greatly looking forward to the next episode.
2 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:39 pm

Ty-Chou wrote:I felt this episode did get a little too into all the extra silly sounds.

You're probably right on that. Maybe a little more discretion in the future.

And, thanks for listening and thanks for the positive comments!

Ty-Chou wrote:At the very, very end of this episode, I was really digging the music. Is it from the video game?

Yes. You can find that here: https://swatkats.info/encyclopedia/supe ... soundtrack

Ty-Chou wrote:Has it been in the other episodes and I'm just noticing it for the first time?

So far I've used it in all of them, most notably during the outtro parts. Always wanted to incorporate the end credits of the SNES game into something, as I doubt few people ever got to hear them because beating that game isn't an easy task.

Ty-Chou wrote:Unless you were aiming for it to be that long.

My goal is somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 to 60 minutes, so this one would've been at the high end of that.

Ty-Chou wrote:Also, Dark Kat's constant "Doomsday" should have been annoying after a while, but for some reason that also made me laugh.

3 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:20 pm

MoDaD wrote:

MUAHHAHA! That DOOMSDAY image is awesome XD
2 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Ty-Chou » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:39 pm

Yiiiis! I love it! Always the right amount of Doomsday! <3
1 x

Return to “Other Creative Fanworks”