S2E08b - The Origin of Dr. Viper

Threads dedicated to the discussion of individual episodes. Everything from casual observations to in-depth analysis welcome.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: S2E08b - The Origin of Dr. Viper

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:10 pm

New (not serious) theory: This episode isn't a flashback. Elrod Purvis actually becomes a second Dr. Viper because the mental trauma of dying, resurrecting and mutating caused him to believe he is in fact the original Dr. Viper. This would handily explain why the SWAT Kats are using season two Glovatrixes; because it takes place during season two!
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: S2E08b - The Origin of Dr. Viper

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:19 pm

I novelized the script: https://textuploader.com/d2nu2

Unlike my Giant Bacteria novelization, which is an adaptation of my fan script, this is a direct script-to-prose adaptation of Glenn Leopold's original script, with the only changes being I call Smitty Emil and identify the Enforcer Sergeant by the name he's given in Destructive Nature's script. It's the first of what I hope will be many. My reason for doing this is to provide an easy way for people who don't like reading things in screenplay (or, in this case, teleplay) format to see how the original "blueprint" (i.e., the script) differs from the finished product.

The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice is up next, a WIP.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “Episode Discussion”