Smilies.

Found a problem with the site? Tell Professor Hackle.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: Smilies.

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Cait wrote:I think we are already running out of cast... What are we going to do?! Our job is in danger! ManxScared

Start doing every single background character, obviously. TboneLaughCait
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:19 am

Kooshmeister wrote:
Cait wrote:I think we are already running out of cast... What are we going to do?! Our job is in danger! ManxScared

Start doing every single background character, obviously. TboneLaughCait

But then we won't end never! Well... I guess your right anyway...
sigh chance.gif
sigh chance.gif (4.32 KiB) Viewed 603 times

So... Nee, are you up for that challenge? (Please, say yes!)
kitty eyes chance.gif
kitty eyes chance.gif (2.17 KiB) Viewed 603 times
2 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Great Britain

Postby NeeKnight » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:58 am

How can I say no to this face? Image It really is unfair to use weapon grade big kitty eyes XD
3 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:42 am

NeeKnight wrote:How can I say no to this face? Image It really is unfair to use weapon grade big kitty eyes XD

Weapons? Me? What are you talking about? TboneWhistling

BTW... What the...!? Is this true? RazDumbfounded
What.png

Seems there is a day for everything... LOL
2 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby NeeKnight » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:33 pm

For Services to Smilies, I am proud to present to Cait this little token of thanks ^^ Image
While I doubt it will be added to the main roster, if you wish to use it in future posts, just use the image shortcut with the address http://www.fmstudiosamvs.co.uk/yang/Cait.gif to insert it where ever you wish to use it. Use this gif wisely Cait Image
4 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 am

NeeKnight wrote:For Services to Smilies, I am proud to present to Cait this little token of thanks ^^ Image
While I doubt it will be added to the main roster, if you wish to use it in future posts, just use the image shortcut with the address http://www.fmstudiosamvs.co.uk/yang/Cait.gif to insert it where ever you wish to use it. Use this gif wisely Cait Image

No... way... I love it! THANK YOU!!!!!
4 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:36 am

Cait wrote:
NeeKnight wrote:For Services to Smilies, I am proud to present to Cait this little token of thanks ^^ Image

No... way... I love it! THANK YOU!!!!!

Hehe...
blush jake icon.gif
blush jake icon.gif (3.89 KiB) Viewed 451 times

Also, I think I have already a good amount for a second pack :3
3 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: United States of America

Postby Ty-Chou » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:11 pm

Oh my gosh, you guys! look at all the fun stuff you've been making! You make me want to learn how to do some of these. They are great! Imma post my faves:

FelinaIcon Awesome Felina. She looks great!

turbokatfire The Turbokat taking names! Radical!

crazymadkat This one is CRAZY! I love it!

TboneSmile Cutest T-Bone ever. Look at his cheeks!
3 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Cait » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:15 am

Ty-Chou wrote:Oh my gosh, you guys! look at all the fun stuff you've been making! You make me want to learn how to do some of these.
Yep, it's a lot of fun, indeed! And at least for me, it is very easy, you just need to have a clear idea of what you are going to do. Layers will do the rest :3 (I do casual streams for these, if you want I can record one so you can have a first idea of how to start, but seriously, it's not a big deal TurmoilIcon ).
1 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby NeeKnight » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:04 pm

Ty-Chou wrote:Oh my gosh, you guys! look at all the fun stuff you've been making! You make me want to learn how to do some of these. They are great!

RazHappy So glad we inspired you. Course RazEmbarrassed Mine aren't exactly hard ... In the beginning anyway.
    First off all my smilies are made in MS Paint off the template I made years ago called "ProtoCam"* Image And from ProtoCam I then make adjustments while zoomed in all the way, pixel by pixels. I find this a good way to keep a consistant look to the smilies I create. If that is it, if it is still, I take it straight in to Photoshop, erase the background with the magic eraser and Save for Web.
    However... If you end up needing to animate smilies, because like me, you did all the static faces you can think of in one go and now need to get more complex RazCold now you have to start making the images frame by frame. It can be a simple two frame job like Madkatlaughing or HardDriveIcon but if you get more fancy like BacteriaDivide or ManxScared then you are gonna need to do a lot of them, changing the frames as you see fit to get the smoothest animation or jerky animation if that is what you are going for.
    Every frame has to be taken in to Photoshop, have the background cleared as normal. FeralStopSign BUT then you want to Edit in ImageReady. There you can then bring in other frames and add them as different layers to the first frame. Work out the timings and the order and soon you get Image
See? Not hard. Probably easier ways of doing it, I just tend to make more work for myself than is strictly nessassary RazSilly

Ty-Chou wrote:TboneSmile Cutest T-Bone ever. Look at his cheeks!

Maaaaaaw RazEmbarrassed Thank you ^^ I really need to do more with TBone. At the moment, he only has TboneSmile and TboneWhistling offically. Course I have also got Image and Image in waiting but it is still not enough.

*((He is called that after my first SWAT Kats fan character Cameron Image whom I made a whole set for and used for his LiveJourney as it was for a Live Journey RP at the time... I'm rambling))
2 x

Return to “Tech Support”