Post-Event Thread

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!

Were you able to view the Live Stream?

Yes, I watched the whole event
36%
Partially, I only saw part of the event
27%
No, I didn't get to see it at all
36%

Total votes: 22

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Republic of Serbia

Re: Post-Event Thread

Postby Kanogetz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:55 am

Got my coin, yeahhyaa!
Of course, had to frame it so that I could display it proudly. RazorHappyCait TboneLaughCait
Again, many thanks to Tremblay Bros., MoDaD and everyone that helped organize the whole event, you are all awesome!
Oops, forgot to add a pic of me actually holding the coin, let's fix that. ^^
Attachments
SKcoin1.png
coin.png
Last edited by Kanogetz on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/
http://stungunwolf.tumblr.com/

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Postby EricoBard » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Hey MoDaD. Got your replacement stand. This one arrived in great condition! Thanks for sending it out so quickly. The tape held it in place during sorting.
2 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 pm

EricoBard wrote:Hey MoDaD. Got your replacement stand. This one arrived in great condition! Thanks for sending it out so quickly. The tape held it in place during sorting.

Just got the mail and got the coin stand! Thanks MoDaD! The tape held up!
2 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Postby TazKat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:22 pm

I was called in the Bonus Coin Drawing video. Not only did I geek out, I find it amusing that many Americans go through at least 3-4 mispronunciations of my name while the French Canadian guy gets it right on the first try TboneLaughCait

....aaaaaaand BAM!
IMG_20170421_111245.jpg

Held it up to show my favorite Ace Pilot, of course.

Thank you, MoDad for taking such good care of us. I received everything, including the little stand :mrgreen:
6 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Artsite
My Blog
Art Commission Info

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:15 pm

I got my stand, too. It's great to see everyone's getting their coins now! RazorHappyCait
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

SageSK
Just Moved In

Postby SageSK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:19 am

Finally managed to do a write up on the L.A. visit. Only took me about a month. :oops: At any rate, I was having a time uploading on the forum (in the sense that my 'net connection was acting up), so for the time being I direct you to this link until I get a better post here.

http://graphicsiles.com/design/skla_visit/

G'night!
Last edited by SageSK on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:29 am

SageSK wrote:My reaction was calm, much to my surprise. On my way to L.A. I wasn’t entirely sure how I’d react, or if I’d stumble over myself when I said “hello".

I would hope that if I ever meet them, I will react calmly. I think I will. Although I may be nervous. In 2005, I fumbled and stumbled over myself, when I met Peter Laird (TMNT co-creator). I hurriedly showed my art and left lulz. (Cue the whole Wayne's world we're not worthy Clip). I have sworn to myself to never do that again. XD

I'm glad you got to go see all of them! Thank you for sharing your experience and LOVE the pics. RazLovey
2 x

SageSK
Just Moved In

Postby SageSK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Thanks, Aero! TboneSmile

In 2005, I fumbled and stumbled over myself, when I met Peter Laird (TMNT co-creator). I hurriedly showed my art and left lulz.

::laughs:: I remember feeling just as nervous when I went to meet one of my favorite Anime V.A.s a few years back and the only thing I could manage as I got his autograph was, "H-hi, this is my first con. Autograph and mayhaps picture?" Meanwhile, my brain's going, "Oh, HAI, Ling from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood! Aren't you awesome, Ling from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and also Allen Walker from D. Grayman? Can I get your signature and a picture to remember you by, Ling from FMA:B, Allen Walker from D. Grayman, and Natsu from Fairy Tail?" RazEmbarrassed
1 x

MoDaD
Janitor

Postby MoDaD » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:47 am

And, this was incredibly difficult to fix (and I'm still not 100% happy with it). Big thanks to Lance for being so entertaining that it will hopefully make you forget about the production issues:

6 x
SKLogoIcon Your Most Complete Source For All Things SWAT Kats Since 1999
The MEGA SWAT Kast | Discord | @TheSWATKats | YouTube Channel | The SWAT Kats Encyclopedia | Fandom Awards | Avatar by Kanogetz | @_MoDaD_
My schedule's been VERY inundated as of late. If I don't reply to you in a timely fashion please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Poecat
Fandom Veteran

Postby Poecat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:57 pm

I just watched the Television's Lance Falk video. Awesome. I enjoyed his commentary. Some of the things he said inspires me to work a little harder on writing. I never felt I was a very strong writer, but I would like to be.
3 x

Return to “Kats Eye News”