screen caps of my terible fan animation

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Jiesi
Resident
Flag: United States of America

Re: screen caps of my terible fan animation

Postby Jiesi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:14 pm

I don't think I understand what you are saying. Are you saying all of my work here was 100% traced and not mine, and that I am claiming all of it as my own? What I traced, I flat out said and sited the episode.That seen would of taken me 5 times longer then what it did if I hadn't and I started this in march or april and I'm still going. In that seen you have multiple people from different distances and different reactions from different times and objects thats falling around them and then overlapping eachother. That's overwhelming. If I had drawn that on paper by observation I wouldn't have learned the feeling of doing things in passes like I did.
In the finish product if you want I can make a caption that it was from DEADLY PYRAMIDS. I was thinking of doing that to compare what I drew on paper, the difference between waccom cheep tablet and nice big huion gt 191 tablet as well as the difference between pencil 2d and trial versions of better programs. but I don't know if that would be to distracting
Attachments
Scan0023.jpg
Scan0014.jpg
take of at dusk.png
Scan0012.jpg
Scan0008.jpg
1 x
Will work for bubble tea...despite needing money... crazymadkat

Jiesi
Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:16 pm

some more pre tablet
Attachments
u.png
bubbletea.png
calliewindow.png
Scan0018.png
trashed.png
1 x

Jiesi
Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Theres a lot to practice with different approaches between going from point A to point z and filling it in between as well as even doing a straight run. He looks a little awkward with it but its working on an ark and I think its decent and I am putting A LOT of work into it.https://twitter.com/MaJiesi/status/896458225951928320
Attachments
vipertree.png
Untitled.png
1 x

Jiesi
Resident

Postby Jiesi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:11 pm

I don't think its my technical skill that needs work, its getting use to didgital work, finding my own style, plus thinking about the weight in movement, flow, ect. I don't doubt my ability to draw. I'm just use to drawing with knives in a realist way. (scratchboard) I don't know why they are sideways
Attachments
IMG_7153.JPG
1 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion

Postby Felony » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:19 pm

I did not say ALL your works were traced. I can tell the difference of what is a trace and what is original work as I've been so familiar with the SK series. You have talent, that Metallikats piece is absolutely amazing!

What I am saying is that tracing isn't always the best way to learn. It often becomes a crutch if an artist has to frequently rely on it to complete a work. Also, tracing is generally frowned upon because it is a direct copy of someone else's work.

if you want to submit traced work, yes please do state that it is.
2 x
^www^ <-- This is my happy evil megalomaniac face.
Class A Felony
DarkKatFury

Return to “Fan Art”