The Doctors of Doom: Fan Script

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: The Doctors of Doom: Fan Script

Postby Kooshmeister » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Thanks, Akane. Boy, there's gonna be a lot to cram into Act III! I feel like Act II is a little bloated as it is, too. RazLaugh
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:13 pm

Script's on hiatus for a bit while I work through some depression. Plus, I'm still trying to figure out how to get everything crammed into the final act to my satisfaction. But what do you guys think of it so far?
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:Script's on hiatus for a bit while I work through some depression.

I'm sorry you're going through this, Koosh. Can I help?

Kooshmeister wrote:Plus, I'm still trying to figure out how to get everything crammed into the final act to my satisfaction. But what do you guys think of it so far?

I like it! I especially love the idea of Viper turning himself in to the Enforcers; it could have been contrived, but you make it work by giving him a logical reason to do so. Your story does have a lot more going on than the actual scripts, but that's not necessarily a flaw. Maybe this could be a two-parter?
2 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:09 pm

marklungo wrote:I'm sorry you're going through this, Koosh. Can I help?

You already do just by being my friend. RazorHappyCait

marklungo wrote:I like it! I especially love the idea of Viper turning himself in to the Enforcers; it could have been contrived, but you make it work by giving him a logical reason to do so.

Yeah, he's evil, but like he says, if Megakat City gets irradiated, it's worthless to him (which is why it really didn't make much sense for that to be his plan in Glenn Leopold's outline). I suppose he could simply skip town and start over somewhere else, but I guess he figures he just has too much invested in his Megakat City project to abandon it because of some uppity aliens.

marklungo wrote:Your story does have a lot more going on than the actual scripts, but that's not necessarily a flaw.

Perhaps a little too much. I feel I may have overcrowded it with characters. But I'm trying to have everything serve some kind of purpose, such as using Dr. Konway to show the increasingly close working relationship between the Enforcers and the scientific community, similar to what is (IMO) an obviously close partnership between them and Puma-Dyne. My notion is Konway is pushing for an expansion of the biotech department to counter threats like Viper - and, of course, the Ci-Kat-A.

marklungo wrote:Maybe this could be a two-parter?

I hope not! Figuring out how to cram is difficult, but easier than figuring out how to stretch. TboneLaughCait
2 x

Return to “Fanfics”