The Doctors of Doom: Fan Script

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
Flag: United States of America

Re: The Doctors of Doom: Fan Script

Postby Kooshmeister » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 am

Thanks, Echo! I just hope I can hurry up and get this thing finished. I don't want it to take as long as The End of the SWAT Kats! did! RazLaugh
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:11 pm

EXT. MEGAKAT NUCLEAR PLANT - EVENING

Night is beginning to fall. A cordon of Enforcer Peacekeepers and halftracks and armed commandos have been set up to defend the power plant from attack. They're supported by SECURITY GUARDS in their Jeeps marked with the emblem of the power plant. Three Enforcer choppers sit ready and waiting to take to the air. Commander Feral paces impatiently with his arms behind his back, swagger stick in hand, looking like Patton. Off to one side wait Felina and a handcuffed Dr. Viper, who is being guarded by three commandos. It's deathly quiet except for the waves of Megakat Bay lapping at the shore and some murmuring among the commandos.

ENFORCER COMMANDO #1
Isn't this a little much to defend against one bug-eyed MASA doctor...?

ENFORCER COMMANDO #2
No way, man. The more firepower we've got, the better. I was part of the hazmat team that went in and mopped up at the Space Center. You didn't see what I saw.

Sergeant Talon, sticking out of the turret of the lead tank, glowers down at them.

TALON
(growling)
Cut the chatter, you two. Focus on your duties.

They shut up. Nearby, Commander Feral continues his uneasy pacing. He turns and looks at the cuffed Viper.

FERAL
Well, Snakeface? Where is he? I thought you said the nuclear plant was his primary target.

Viper shifts restlessly in the cuffs. The commandos guarding him look scared to death of him breaking free.

VIPER
He'll come. Believe me, Commander.
(confident)
Dr. Ssstreet is a kat after my own heart. Onccce he has sssomething ssset in his mind... nothing will ssstop him.

Feral raises once eyebrow, as if suspecting something, that Dr. Viper might not be entirely forthcoming.

FERAL
(suddenly)
Wait a moment!

He holds up one hand for silence and the chit chat stops. He hears a distant buzzing. In the distance, they see two approaching airborne figures.

FERAL
There they are!

VIPER
I told you!

FELINA
Shut up!
(to the commandos)
Get him out of here! Take him back to Enforcer Headquarters and lock him up.

She looks for a dissenting countermand from her uncle but he's too busy looking through a pair of binoculars. Nodding, two of the commandos grab a strangely unresisting Viper and drag him to one of the waiting choppers. The third follows nervously with his rifle at the ready. The four get in and the rotor blades fire up and the chopper lifts off. Sticking out of his Peacekeeper, Talon issues an order into a walkie talkie he's holding.

TALON
All tanks prepare to fire.

Felina addresses the commandos acting in support of the armored vehicles.

FELINA
Prepare to open fire! We'll blast those bugs out of the sky.

FERAL
Wait! Hold your fire!

He peers through the binoculars. The other Enforcers tense. From Feral's P.O.V. we see Street carrying Ann Gora and Murdoch flying alongside, the flask in his hand. Feral lowers the binoculars and growls angrily.

FERAL
They have a hostage. It's Ann Gora!

There is murmuring among the commandos. Fast approaching are the two Ci-Kat-A and their prisoner. Street is as giddy as he's capable of being, cradling Ann in his arms with infinite care. They hear the whup-whup-whup of whirling rotor blades and the Enforcer chopper carrying Dr. Viper flies past. He and Street eye one another through the open side door of the chopper in the split second they're beside one another before the aircraft moves past.

MURDOCH
Viper.

STREET
He izzz meaninglezzz. Our final objective liezzz before uzzz. Keep your mind on your buzzzinezzz, my friend.

Murdoch nods. Ann squirms in Street's grasp and he tightens a grip a little.

STREET
Don't zzztruggle too much, Mizzz Gora. I wouldn't want to drop you. It'zzz a long way down.

Gulping, Ann looks down. One of the commandos guarding Viper in the departing chopper raises his rifle and prepares to fire at Street and Murdoch before one of his comrades pushes the barrel of his gun down, pointing at Ann. The first commando glowers in angry disappointment. They hear jet engines and T-Bone and Razor fly past on their jetpacks.

ENFORCER COMMANDO #3
Hey, look! It's the SWAT Kats!

Viper just smirks smugly and steeples his fingers. Despite nothing seemingly going his way, he is bizarrely content and compliant with his captors, and quite relaxed. The chopper flies on to Enforcer Headquarters without incident.

RAZOR
Come on, T-Bone! Punch it! You're flyin' like an old lady!

T-BONE
(smirks)
My impulsive personality rubbin' off on you, buddy? Take it easy. I'm followin' at a safe distance.

Razor smirks and nods, understanding.

RAZOR
Let's just hope Street hasn't bitten Ann Gora yet...

He spares the Enforcer chopper carrying Viper a glance as it flies past and then looks at the air rifle in his hands.

RAZOR
...with only two doses of this stuff left, if he does, somebody's gonna have to go on bein' a Ci-Kat-A. At least for a little while longer.

T-BONE
Yeah, well, Street's got my vote if that happens.

RAZOR
Easy, T-Bone, it isn't his fault. It's none of their faults.

T-BONE
(sighs)
I know.
(steeling himself up)
Okay, ready to enact the plan?

RAZOR
You bet.

The air gun in hand, he zooms forward. As the Ci-Kat-A approach the nuclear power plant, they hesitate a bit, slowing, at seeing the cordon of defending Enforcers.

MURDOCH
Nothing'zzz happening. They're not firing at uzzz.

STREET
(realizing)
It'zzz becauzzze we have our future queen here. They won't fire azzz long azzz she remainzzz a normal kat. That'zzz why I haven't bitten her yet.

He looks down at Ann.

STREET
That'zzz going to happen onzzze we get inzzzide. Onzzze I breach the reactor and turn thizzz entire zzzity into food for your the brood you'll bear me, my queen.

ANN
I'd rather die!

She squirms more fitfully, kicking him, and he drops her.

STREET
Noooooooo!

ANN
Aaahhhhhh!

She falls. A suddenly terrified Street dives down after her, an equally worried Murdoch following. Suddenly T-Bone whooshes by between them. Street stops and hovers in midair in surprise. Murdoch slams into him. The flask jostles, the liquid inside sloshing.

STREET
(enraged)
Clumzzzy fool! Give me that!

He grabs the flask from a chastened Murdoch. Below them, T-Bone swoops down and scoops Ann up in his arms, saving her.

T-BONE
Gotcha!

ANN
Oh, phew, thanks!

Looking through his binoculars, Feral sees that Ann isn't in Street's grasp anymore.

FERAL
Ann Gora isn't in danger anymore.

He turns to Felina and their men.

FERAL
Open fire! Blast them out of the sky!

Hovering in the air with buzzing wings, Street is seething with broiling rage.

STREET
Our queen! Thozzze ZzzzWAT Katzzz have interfered in my planzzz for the lazzzt time.

He looks at chemical inside the flask. Time to use it. Suddenly the air around him and Murdoch begins exploding. Lasers whiz past. The two Ci-Kat-A cry out in surprise. Street clutches the flask with both hands like his life depends on it.

STREET
(to Murdoch)
Get the queen. I'll ensure thezzze puny Enforcerzzz will no longer bother uzzz and clear the way. Go.

Murdoch nods and dives down after T-Bone and Ann, dodging the explosions and lasers. T-Bone, looking over his shoulder, sees their pursuer, and, then, closing on Murdoch from behind, Razor. He grins but Murdoch doesn't notice, too focused on closing the distance between himself and the SWAT Kat with his future queen, arms outstretched, claws grasping, close to grabbing T-Bone's ankles. Clutching Ann to his chest, T-Bone flies down closer to the ground, Murdoch following close behind. They're only a few feet above the ground now. Behind them, Razor loads the first of the last two doses of the antidote into the gun, snapping the chamber shut, squinting down the barrel, lining his shot up.

RAZOR
(yelling)
Hey, bugface!

MURDOCH
Huh?

He turns and looks up. Razor fires. Pffft! The dart flies out and sticks into the transformed con's neck. Murdoch gasps and plucks the dart out, but it's too late. Already he's reverting back into a normal kat. His wings shrivel and fall off. His Ci-Kat-A mandibles retract into his mouth and disappear. His eyes squeeze shut, then open. They're normal again. They roll in their sockets in confusion. He's still airborne, flying forward of his own momentum. But because T-Bone led him down close to the ground, he suffers nothing worse than a few bumps and bruises as he slams into the concrete, tumbles and comes to a stop lying sprawled on his back, alive but unconscious. Whilst dodging lasers and explosions, Street observes the loss of his final ally with surprise and anger.

RAZOR
Bingo!

T-Bone lands beside Murdoch, setting Ann sagely aside. He kneels and checks the con's pulse, giving Razor a thumb's up.

T-BONE
He's okay, buddy.

RAZOR
Good. One down...

He loads the final dart into the gun, then turns and looks at Street nearby, doing his best to dodge everything the Enforcers are throwing at him.

RAZOR
...one to go.

He aims and fires. But Street is ready. He dodges! With his free hand, he grabs the dart out of the air and flings it contemptuously to the ground. It breaks, spilling the precious antidote everywhere.

STREET
Nizzze try, ZzzWAT Kat! But I am not zzzo eazzzy to take by zzzurprizzze.

He flies down and lands amidst the explosions. Watching through his binoculars, Feral holds up a hand.

FERAL
Cease fire. Something's happening.

Felina looks through her binocular's too. From her P.O.V., we watch Street approaching the group. Then we switch to normal viewer P.O.V. as Street, flask in hand, stopping about twenty feet from the SWAT Kats, Ann and the unconscious Murdoch. He holds out his free hand. Something is coming over him. He looks and sounds sad. Alone.

STREET
(pleading)
Mizzz Gora... Ann... come with me. Pleazzze. Be my queen.

Ann hesitates.

STREET
One bite and you will underzzzstand. One bite and together we can make an entire new race of children to feed on the irradiated remainzzz of thizzz pitiful Earth zzzity.

ANN
But the people...

She looks down at Murdoch, then at the SWAT Kats.

ANN
...everyone will die of radiation poisoning!

Street shakes his head.

STREET
No! No, they won't! Not if we turn them! Then they'll thrive in the new radioactive environment! There will be peace! No more wars, no more--

RAZOR
No more free thought or choice.

Street eyes him with annoyance. Razor narrows his eyes at him.

RAZOR
Face it, Street. The ends don't always justify the means. The Ci-Kat-A way is not the right way.

ANN
(pleading now, herself)
Dr. Street... Harley... you're sick. Your thoughts aren't your own. Turn yourself in to the Enforcers. You've seen that they can cure people who've been bitten by the Ci-Kat-A!

She points at Murdoch, still lying out cold on the ground.

T-BONE
(chipping in)
Yeah, c'mon, Doc. Come with us and we'll get you to the Enforcers. They can make more of the cure and you'll be your old self again.

ANN
Please, Harley. Please.

For a brief moment, Street seems to consider it, and something glimmers in his compound eyes... but then he rejects it. The SWAT Kats both observe his change in body language and realize things are about to turn violent again, tensing, as Street pulls the stopper from the flask he's holding. Razor drops the air gun and starts to raise his Glovatrix.

RAZOR
Looks like we're doin' it the hard way...

STREET
If I can't have a new queen...

Before Razor can fully raise his arm to fire, Street upends the flask, dumping the contents on himself. It splashes down over his body.

STREET
...then I shall be the Ci-Kat-A king!

RAZOR
Oh boy...

T-BONE
What was that stuff?

RAZOR
I dunno, but I got a feeling this just got a whole lot worse...
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:03 pm

Glad to see you continuing the story, Koosh! A couple of comments:

1. Poor Dr. Street! He's rejected not one but two last-second chances. Whatever happens now, he's almost certainly doomed.

2. No one seems to notice how calmly Dr. Viper is taking his seeming defeat. I guess you can't blame the Enforcers, since they have more urgent things to worry about.
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:31 am

1. I guess he feels he's passed the point of no return at this point. Plus, we gotta have a giant monster ending! TboneLaughCait

2. I'm sure they're just glad he's being cooperative. ViperLaughCait
1 x

Return to “Fanfics”