Let's Fail at SWAT Kats

If your creative masterpiece doesn't fit in art or text... then place it here! (Music, custom helmets, cosplay)
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
Flag: United States of America

Let's Fail at SWAT Kats

Postby MoDaD » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Will our podcast heroes MoDaD and NeeKnight be able to save Megakat City? Probably not...

Please adjust your humor targeting displays to the lowest common denominator, and note that the accuracy of recollection missiles may vary.

Game: SWAT Kats - The Radical Squadron for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System

MoDaD: @TheSWATKats - https://twitter.com/TheSWATKats
NeeKnight: @NeeKnight - https://twitter.com/NeeKnight
Poecat (chat only) - http://poecatcomix.com/

This is a swatkats.info production. Make sure to BUY SWAT KATS DVDs at WBShop.com.

For a real guide, make sure to check out Mr. Goodkat's overview here: https://swatkats.info/encyclopedia/video/snes-cutscenes
8 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Flag: Germany

Re: Let's Fail at SWAT Kats

Postby Mr. Goodkat » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Congratulations for uploading the first Let's Fail video for the SWAT Kats video game on YouTube (at least I didn't find another one there).

Before watching this I wasn't aware that there is this little subgenre of Let's Plays where people actually are showing how not to play a specific game. I didn't know, probably because I'm very seldomly watching Let's Plays at all.

Looking at the comments on YouTube it seems that there are still quite a few people out there who aren't aware that this game exists.

Also, thanks for mentioning the article I wrote for swatkats.info in this video.
4 x

LAKenji
Just Moved In
Flag: Columbia

Postby LAKenji » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:39 pm

I watched the video yesterday. It reminds me that in my local Blockbuster (when it existed in its time) I've founded a copy of such a rare videogame.
Looks very troublesome to play, I got kinda dizzy in the parts when you fight the big monsters with the turbokat.
3 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident

Postby Mikazo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:29 pm

I have to admit, the Captain Planet thing was pretty funny and worked well. :lol:

If I remember correctly, while you start off weak in this game, you can level up. Then the passwords are so you can keep your current level. Rather than trying to beat the stages you can simply spend time building up your character and then go through the levels afterwards. It's like they tried to include some RPG elements.

The aerial missions were particularly tough. Just took a lot of trial and error. Speaking of Sonic the Hedgehog, there were some missions in Sonic Adventure that this reminded me of.

I guess you have to give the designers credit for at least trying to include the Turbokat in the game along with the side-scrolling elements.
3 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident

Postby MoDaD » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Mikazo wrote:Speaking of Sonic the Hedgehog, there were some missions in Sonic Adventure that this reminded me of.

I guess you have to give the designers credit for at least trying to include the Turbokat in the game along with the side-scrolling elements.

I completely forgot there was a second zone with the name Sky Chase. I was thinking of the one in Sonic 2 when I mentioned it in the video TboneLaughCait
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Writting this while watching the podcast.

- And the prize for the best Mayor Manx immitation is for... Nee!!! ManxScared (seriously, it's perfect XD)
- Choose Razor. Razor is the best *Dies* Yep... the best! TboneLaughCait
- *Sees the seaworm insides level* Mmm... If it was removed content from the show, maybe the reason behind it would be how creepy it is. Definitely not something I would enjoy seeing as a kid (even now I still have nightmares whenever i play silent hill on flesh wall levels) RazAfraid
- *Sees the Sea Quest video in the end* The more you know! SinianThisCait

Pretty fun video! Too bad we didn't got to see any level till the end SighingChanceIcon
Anyway, don't get fooled! Demo is cheating!
...probably.
...Maybe not?
Is that Chance playing it?!?! That would explain it... CoolIcon
3 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran

Postby marklungo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Sorry it took me so long to get around to watching this; it's been a busy week. Anyway, the video game podcast is just as funny and engaging as the previous episodes. (Don't worry, that's a compliment. TboneLaughCait ) Some responses:

* Why does the subway level feature a train that looks like it came from the Old West?
* So Hard Drive can turn other kats into pure energy (and back) as well as himself, at least in this game. Interesting...
* Why did Dark Kat's level have those green springy things instead of the Creeplings?
* Why aren't Feral and the Enforcers even mentioned in the game?
* I'd love to see a new SWAT Kats game that uses the advances in video game technology and storytelling techniques made since 1995.
3 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:08 pm

marklungo wrote:* Why aren't Feral and the Enforcers even mentioned in the game?

They are. Feral puts all the villains in jail at the end, but they just escape again and he sighs in annoyance. FeralIcon
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Flag: Spain

Postby Cait » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:05 pm

marklungo wrote:* Why did Dark Kat's level have those green springy things instead of the Creeplings?

Like half of the enemies in the game, those are probably another type of the villain's level followers (thanks Mr. Obvious JakeStopIcon ). Think of them as a high rank creepling, like the blue one Koosh drew lng ago.
4 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:15 pm

Cait wrote:Think of them as a high rank creepling, like the blue one Koosh drew lng ago.

Ah, yeah, those guys. I called them "Stalkers" to stick with the theme already establishing by the Creeplings' name.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Return to “Other Creative Fanworks”