Strange error when trying to use some characters.

Found a problem with the site? Tell Professor Hackle.
Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Strange error when trying to use some characters.

Post by Cait » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:21 am

Something done from the last 28th till today has made some characters to not be available when posting or getting a post preview.

I tested a bit and I have found that there must me a character filter in the forum that allows only a white list of characters. These ones, for example, can't be used now:

As for the error it gives, it's this one:

It does not bother me (I won't be able to use my cat emotes anymore, that's all), but I'm worried if this somehow can affect anything that is in the same host as the forum (if this is not the forum's configuration fault) of if the already existing posts that cointain such characters can affect the forum's funcionality in a bad way. For now, I didn't see any problems with it, but I can't really tell.
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: Strange error when trying to use some characters.

Post by MoDaD » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:44 pm

I'm starting to feel like this place is a dam with several leaks and too few fingers to put in the holes :lol:

I'll add this to the list of fixes. Currently working on skfanfic.com, which I should hopefully be done with sometime this week.
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Re: Strange error when trying to use some characters.

Post by Cait » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:21 pm

xD Don't worry, coding can be a real headache sometimes, don't stress yourself x.x As I said, if this is not causing any other errors, it's not important :3
0 x