Swat Kats Revolution Update

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
austinswatkat87
Resident
United States of America

Swat Kats Revolution Update

Post by austinswatkat87 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:21 am

There is an update from the Tremblay brothers that contains a 3d image of one of the Swat Kats and a quote.

"Those who'll play with cats must expect to be scratched." Miguel de Cervantes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... ts/3297450
5 x

Echo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: Swat Kats Revolution Update

Post by Echo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:41 pm

I think that's TBone, and OMG we finally have physical evidence from the show. Even if it's a picture, it's still something. I'm excited. RazorHappyCait RazorHappyCait RazorHappyCait
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:54 pm

The image by itself:

1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:57 am

As I wrote on Twitter:
Grateful for the update, but I really wish this wasn't so cryptic. After waiting so long to hear anything, I think fans are owed a clear explanation of what's going on and what (if anything) we can expect and when.
2 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by AkaneKitty » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:27 am

marklungo wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:57 am
Grateful for the update, but I really wish this wasn't so cryptic. After waiting so long to hear anything, I think fans are owed a clear explanation of what's going on and what (if anything) we can expect and when.
Agreed. The pic is nice, but as Mark said, this is so cryptic, that I’d be pressed to even call this an update.

When was the pic made? This could possibly be something that’s not even recently created. Did it come from the not yet delivered upon trailer? And there no explanation to why that hasn’t been delivered yet.

I get playing your cards close to the best but being this cryptic when your updates seem to have years in between them does not help. Instead of getting excited about this, I have the opinion of “…And? That’s it?” At this point, I’m sure you can explain what’s going on with Revolution without naming names and being super specific about details.

I’m still firmly in I’ll believe it when I see it mode, and this “update” failed to change that.
3 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:32 am

Maybe I'm watching the early MCU movies too much lately, but that suit is throwing some major "Iron Man" armor vibes at me. The shoulder and arm look mechanical, and the glowing Kat insignia looks like it's supposed to be a power core.

Don't get me wrong, an Iron Kat suit sounds awesome, but it would have to be a separate character, because they have gadgets like Batman already, so an Iron Man expy would be better as another hero for maybe another city to occasionally visit.

And with that said... If I ever get motivated to get back to writing, that's definitely going in my story.
1 x

EditorElohim
Resident
Paraguay

Post by EditorElohim » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:31 am

I should be excited, but I don't know: I harbor a lot of doubts, considering the outcome of several revivals lately.

Also, it looks like this revival will be done in CGI... and I don't know if that's a good fit for Swat Kats.
2 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:35 am

The last few revivals that disappointed were helmed (I swear, autocorrect hates me, because it turns the word "helmed" into "yelled") by people that either had no idea what they were doing, didn't care about making anything good when they could make it "diverse", or just couldn't resist shoehorning their politics into something that was meant to help you forget about that kind of stress inducer.
1 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:24 pm

Honestly, I think this project is cursed.

We were still suffering some of the 2008 financial crisis when it was started, then the AT&T/Time-Warner merger stuff started happening. And now we have a massive pandemic going on as well.

It's like the fans and creators alike can't catch a break! TboneSwearCait RazAnnoyed
0 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:03 pm

And yet there's still a spark of hope!
0 x