What would you like to see in the new series?

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: What would you like to see in the new series?

Post by Mikazo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Here's an idea. Whenever the Swat Kats win, instead of simply showing them capturing or vanquishing the enemy, make the whole thing drawn-out, weird, and/or funny.

Imagine a scenario like this - the Swat Kats capture the Pastmaster. On their way to deliver him to the Enforcers, they accidentally drop him, and he falls into a meat processing plant.

He falls into one of the machines, which grinds him up. The machine stops, and the maintenance person gets called over. "Well, I guess it's... time to fix it!"

Then, it shows the aftermath where all is well and good, and people are watching a ball game. Some kid in the bleachers finds a bony finger in his hot dog. XD

Just one idea! Could be reminiscent of this scene from "The Naked Gun."
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:47 pm

I would be interested to see an episode, or even a running theme, that explores the extent of the Swat Kats' limitations.

To illustrate my point - they not only manage a junkyard, but are also basically on call 24/7 to fight crime. It would be easy for them to get overworked. They simply cannot be everywhere at once, and naturally they need their own down-time as well. Could you imagine them getting tired and making mistakes? Even, falling asleep at the throttle, or aiming at the wrong thing?

So it would be interesting to see how they keep a decent work/life balance, if they do at all. Or, would the show simply imply that they do without explicitly saying how?
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:57 am

Mikazo wrote:Then, it shows the aftermath where all is well and good, and people are watching a ball game. Some kid in the bleachers finds a bony finger in his hot dog. XD
That'd be pushing the limits of what they could get away with I think. :lol:
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla
United States of America

Post by Betaruga » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:19 pm

razorREO wrote:Personally I wanna see more development with Chance and Callie. Like either take what they started in Giant Bacteria and make it go somewhere. That or just drop it cause it would suck if Chance flirts with her in one episode (Like GB...) And then by season two he's all, "Eh..." And we don't even know why. It makes me feel like...what is happening? So that's one thing on my wishlist.
You know, I second that. The ball DID kinda just feel... dropped. Same thing with ScaredyKat. It was like, what, did Chance suddenly lose interest in those things in season 2?
Another thing is better animation. I mean, this is 2015, soon to be '16. Think of all the things you can do with today's tech? I kinda would like to see something along the lines of Avatar: The last airbender (for those who have seen it). Not the movie mind you. The animation of that show was fantastic. And I've always thoughts Swat Kat's would look awesome in that style. But yeah :) What do you think?
I would DIE to see that, or rather, the quality that Avatars sequel Korra had. South Korea's Studio Mir did an AMAZING job on that show. The creators did say they're interested in keeping the revival closer to the anime look in season 2, and I am SO into that.
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:42 pm

razorREO wrote:Did Chance just decide Callie wasn't all that anymore? (*sob*) I think we could have had a short little scene where Jake simply brings up Callie to Chance, and Chance just says something like, "Eh, I'm not really that into her anymore." But to have them actually be a thing in the new series? I would be so happy.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Chance only had a fleeting interest in Callie, or decided for whatever reason to focus more on his line of work than any kind of relationship. Not all romantic feelings have that fairy tale ending. Sometimes it just doesn't go in that direction.

I'm almost imagining a scene similar to the ending of "Full Throttle" (spoiler warning), where Ben the biker says to his companion, "You're in a different league now. You shouldn't be hanging out with the likes of me anymore."

Also, while I wouldn't necessarily advocate this, it would be funny if, in spite of their hero prowess, the Swat Kats were totally inept at dating. XD
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:25 pm

Mikazo wrote:Also, while I wouldn't necessarily advocate this, it would be funny if, in spite of their hero prowess, the Swat Kats were totally inept at dating. XD
That did seem to be the case, given what little we saw of Chance's attempts to hit on Callie in The Giant Bacteria. He's far too obvious and overconfident in his approach, and either he misreads Callie's amused dismissal of his advances, or he is just too proud to admit defeat, because despite getting nowhere with her, he brags to Jake that she's "crazy" about him.

Also, who puts their hat back on after fixing their hair?

His approach has improved to some extent by Cry Turmoil, but I'm unsure if this is evidence of the character maturing, or the writers simply having a different idea of T-Bone's approach to dating than they did way back in season one. Maybe T-Bone was just a lot less bumbling with Turmoil because unlike Callie, she can have him killed if he upsets her. :lol:

This just leaves Jake... who had no focus given to his own romantic interests whatsoever, except for his smile when Callie says goodbye to him in The Giant Bacteria. And that could be read as simply him being amused that Callie is deliberately trying to make Chance jealous.

It'd be interesting (if a little "done already") if the gregarious Chance was actually somewhat socially inept, his bombastic attitude a cover for a lack of self-confidence, and he honestly had no idea what he was doing when trying to talk to women, whereas the quieter Jake is more self-assured than him and effortless in his approach due to having more self-confidence than Chance.
1 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:15 pm

Kooshmeister wrote: This just leaves Jake... who had no focus given to his own romantic interests whatsoever, except for his smile when Callie says goodbye to him in The Giant Bacteria. And that could be read as simply him being amused that Callie is deliberately trying to make Chance jealous.
You're forgetting where Razor seems smitten with Queen Callista in Bride of the Pastmaster. T-Bone was a bit jealous at Razor getting all the Queen's attentions but got his kiss too in the end.

Honestly, that's something I don't have to see in the series' continuation, the focus shifting to a major romance. It was cute seeing Chance flirt, Razor being a loyal knight and the dynamic of a villain and a hero liking each other romantically was interesting, but romance is something I don't mind being left out of action shows.
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Yeah, my mind is going. :shock:

And to think I was once considered the one who knew everything, and a few years ago would've been the one pointing out something someone else overlooked. I've officially had my single most embarrassing moment of forgetfulness as a fan. :?

I'll shut up now. :lol:
0 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Post by TazKat » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:49 am

Kooshmeister wrote:
Mikazo wrote: It'd be interesting (if a little "done already") if the gregarious Chance was actually somewhat socially inept, his bombastic attitude a cover for a lack of self-confidence, and he honestly had no idea what he was doing when trying to talk to women, whereas the quieter Jake is more self-assured than him and effortless in his approach due to having more self-confidence than Chance.
It might have to do with Chance's tendency to just jump in and figure it out along the way whereas Jake will plan ahead. Guess Chance figures he can "Fake it 'til he makes it" as it were as he proceeds with "notice me sempai". I think they' both can be just as clueless, one just happens to be more introverted and the other extroverted about it. Given their current station in life, as mentioned prior, they are not left with that much time with the females.

Briefly revisiting Chance's anger issues mentioned a while back: Episode "Bright and Shiny Future" showed that Chance is essentially from the ghetto and he used to have to read comic books and watch cartoons to tune out all the street rot around him because he wanted to preserve his desire to be a "good guy." So just what was he escaping from? He also seems to display some problems with authority the way he first back-talked Feral as an Enforcer. So it seems his issues go way back before he was even demoted from/kicked off the force. His tendency to readily throw fists makes you wonder how many street fights he's been in. I also get momma's-boy vibes :D . MegaKat is modeled after NYC so Chance's tendencies just scream "kid raised in the Projects by single mother." It also explains to me a bit why he's so clingy with Razor and will go nuts if anything happens to him. When Razor's outside of the jet T ALWAYS assumes the WORST. That desire for familial//brotherly bond is stabilizing and T seems to fear losing it most of all.

It hits close to home for me the way Chance shows these misdirected fits of anger. I know because I've had my own struggle with that (I even indulged in escapism the very same way!) so Chance definitely has some unresolved hangups to work through but through it all, he WANTS to be good and he's still quite the outstanding and accomplished aviator.

My apologies if I repeated any points. It's my bed time >u<

EDIT:

Condensed list of things I want to see in new SK:

-More mid-air acrobatics (cats are great at falling)
-More hand-to-hand combat (Razor's karate and T-Bone's brawling)
-More dogfights
-More sci-fi and mobster themes vs. fantasy stuff
-Address personal hangups of characters and go a little deeper with the rest
-Explain how Callie links up with the SWATS and why she trusts them so much even though she doesn't know their true identities.
-Make villains a bit more sympathetic and have more reasons to their villainy than just being evil for evil's sake.
-What would it take for the SWAT Kats to turn on each other? Test their friendship.
-For the love of all that is good, don't alter the anatomy of their designs too much, especially T-Bone's chub. That is a BIG no-no for me.
-Expand on Dark Kat's background (being a corrupt judge)
1 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

SwatKatsFan1
Resident

Post by SwatKatsFan1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:35 pm

Here's What I Would Like To See:
-Commander Feral liking the SWAT Kats while hating Chance and Jake and Callie hating the SWAT Kats while being nice to her mechanics (just an experiment)
-The ugly side of MegaKat City like the corruption and organized crime
-Introduce the characters' personal lives like how Chance and Jake became hommies and maybe introduce the characters' family.
-New characters that are either civilians, enforcers, or politicians.
-A main villain for each season. You know, like how Arrow has Damian Dark and Flash has Zoom.
-Razor using martial arts and T-Bone's dog fights.
-Some detective work happening like in Razor's Edge.
0 x