Which Season had the best opening theme?

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.

Which do you like best?

Season One Intro Theme
25%
Season Two Intro Theme
75%

Total votes: 8

Darker
Resident
Spain

Which Season had the best opening theme?

Post by Darker » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:39 am

You've got two awesome themes to choose, but which one's the best in your opinion?

I'm personally leaning towards Season 2's intro. They practically improved everything they could.
1 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: Which Season had the best opening theme?

Post by MoDaD » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:59 pm

That's a tough choice, as there are elements to both that I really like. Musician Cursedlemon really captured the parts I like (especially in the transition at 1:00) blending them together wonderfully:

Adam Remy had a similar approach (they both lead with the second season and transition to the first), and there's a great improvisation guitar solo element toward the end:

0 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Post by Cait » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm agree with MoDaD. Both opening themes have something that make them special, but I liked more the one from the first cos it was used a lot in the other tracks of the soundtrack and it fitted to well in a lot of scenes. The second season theme wasn't very used for that though...

As for covers or remixes, I LOVE this one!

2 x
------------------------
NERO (X3)
------------------------
ImageFind me on: DeviantArt / FurAffinity / Twitter
ImageSK smilies request list: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exp9slsdtz8b9 ... t.txt?dl=0

Darker
Resident
Spain

Post by Darker » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:09 pm

That was definetely radical, Cait.
0 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

MSTRazorFan89
Just Moved In
United States of America

Post by MSTRazorFan89 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:52 pm

Don't get me wrong both seasons had a very good song and did a great job with the clips used. But Season 2 really out done itself in it's intro alone. I mean it is so damn good not only it stands the test of time better than Season 1's. This intro is perfect for getting more people into the show. Everything from the first minute to it's over, constantly getting you more into the show. Easily in my personal top 10 list for best cartoon intro songs.
0 x

Cody Furlong
Resident
United States of America

Post by Cody Furlong » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Season two for me, the animation style was great, and the music was rocking. I have it set as my ring tone for my cell pone.
1 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:17 pm

I prefer season one, as it's jauntier and has a good buildup. The eerie electronic moody music and the long pan along the Megakat City skyline, ending on the time vortex opening, is where the first season's opener edges the second one out IMO, despite its heavy use of clips. If it has a drawback besides its heavy reliance on clips, it's that it's too long; I think we could've done with just the Megasaurus rex and the bacteria monster, especially since they're the only things from the "montage of mayhem" that the SWAT Kats are shown confronting/defeating.

Season two's by comparison is objectively better in the music and visuals department, and thanks to the fact it's shorter, but I find it poorly paced; the fact it just goes straight from Chance and Jake working to the alarm sounding and them suiting up means it feels like it just... hits you with itself and doesn't really give you time to appreciate anything in it. With a better buildup (or, rather, any buildup at all) and a slightly slower pace, season two's opening could've been really good. Instead, it's, well... it is what it is is. And like the super angular design Razor was given in some season two episodes (if cheeks could kill!), I find it overly self-indulgent.

No, I'll take the more laid back season one intro, thanks. SinianThisCait
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)