Unanswered Questions

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: Unanswered Questions

Post by Kooshmeister » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:10 am

I assume he got them from the same place any villain gets their underlings: he hires them.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:32 am

Here's an odd one. James Hong, a Chinese-American, voices the old shopkeeper in Enter the Madkat. And the shopkeeper's name is Katzmer. I looked it up and it's a real surname, being of Hungarian origin. Is Hong voicing an Asian kat with a Hungarian name, or a Hungarian kat and just failing to do a Hungarian accent?

Admittedly, there are plenty of Asian people without Asian names. It's just something that's been knocking around in my head for the last couple of days.

Part of me wants to say Katzmer is supposed to be Hungarian (or the kat world's equivalent thereof) because he isn't a Siamese like Mr. Young, but that's assuming the show had some rule that all characters of loosely Asian descent were Siamese, as opposed to only Young and his assistants.

So, what do you guys think of the possibly Asian shopkeeper with the Hungarian name voiced by a Chinese-American actor...?
1 x

marhawkman
Resident
United States of America

Post by marhawkman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Katzmer? Well foreign accent+foreign name= weird shopkeeper guy.

For me, the foremost question has always been the scope of the fictional universe. Lots of things/characters are said or hinted at being from.... somewhere outside Megakat City. Mutilor is a space pirate... from another planet. A lot of other villains don't make sense as people from the city. Especially Turmoil! She has her own flying aircraft carrier!!!

To be fair there are several places seen outside the city, mostly rural; https://swatkats.info/encyclopedia/type/places

There's a huge number of tiny things to ponder like WHAT the giant "mummies" really were.... hint: real mummies don't turn into pink goo when exposed to light.

Most villain origins are missing. Morbulus.... a guy with actual eyes in the back of his head.... skilled pilot, just shows up one day to wreak havoc....

Dark Kat; the way he talks makes sense for an "evil judge" character. He often acts like an outsider though. Also why does he want genocide? His stated goals don't seem to require it.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:54 pm

I always assumed Morbulus was just born that way. :lol:
1 x

Leon Mane
Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:00 am

Birth defect, science experiment, government sanctioned experiment, genetic mutation, or maybe toxic waste. He had so much potential, but it wasn't meant to be.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:39 pm

My reasoning is that seeing in front and behind simultaneously would be too much sensory overload for someone only used to seeing in one direction. So he had to be used to it, i.e. have been born that way.
1 x

marhawkman
Resident
United States of America

Post by marhawkman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:13 am

yeah it'd take a LONG time to get used to growing an extra pair of eyes...

So which other characters are naturally occurring mutants?
0 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Post by Cait » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:23 am

marhawkman wrote:So which other characters are naturally occurring mutants?
Mmm... Creeplings? We know nothing about them RazConfused
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:52 pm

They're cuddle-demons from the cute dimension. Dark Kat used arcane magic to try and summon deadly demon minions but it backfired, and so he's stuck with those adorable, chittering little pink guys. :lol:

But seriously, either he made them, or found them somewhere. I can see their natural environment being like a jungle or underground cavern or something (like really unthreatening Morlocks).

And speaking of unanswered questions... what about Chopshop? I'm not talking about whether he's a hyena or just a spotted cat (and let's seriously not start that up again). I mean the fact his eyes are one solid color without any pupils. Typically, characters with eyes like that are mutations, supernatural in some manner, aliens, robots or imbued with some kind of power or wearing masks (hi, SWAT Kats!). Or they're Dark Kat.

Chopshop is... just a snarky helicopter pilot. So what's the deal with his eyes? What makes him so special?
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Post by Cait » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:35 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:They're cuddle-demons from the cute dimension. Dark Kat used arcane magic to try and summon deadly demon minions but it backfired, and so he's stuck with those adorable, chittering little pink guys. :lol:

But seriously, either he made them, or found them somewhere. I can see their natural environment being like a jungle or underground cavern or something (like really unthreatening Morlocks).
Now I can only see them as adorable innofensive creatures... [Insert "throwing up rainbows" emote here] Thank you, Koosh RazAnnoyed
Kooshmeister wrote:Chopshop is... just a snarky helicopter pilot. So what's the deal with his eyes? What makes him so special?
His laught. Superlaugh. ViperLaughCait
1 x