Succubus! (The Curse of Kataluna) Plot Summary

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: Succubus! (The Curse of Kataluna) Plot Summary

Post by marklungo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:43 am

Kooshmeister wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:23 pm
Behold my incredibly boring voice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx0bqDRBHcA
Don't worry, Koosh,I've heard worse voices. (My own, for example.) I think you did a good job retelling the script.
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks, Mark. Next up is Turmoil 2, which ought to be a little livelier. TurmoilIcon
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:02 am

Kooshmeister wrote:Nope, it appears to be the same script. Although I just did a once-over for the time being.
I found a couple of other differences besides the dialogue during the SWAT Kats and Felina's fight with the Tri-Head.

In the 5/13/94 (the one Mark sent me which was provided to him by the Tremblays), the captured Felina is revealed to her uncle when Otto presses a button, opening a hidden door where she's tied to a chair:
Original script wrote:She whirls and nods as we PAN OVER to Laszlo, Otto and the other Servant. Otto pushes a button as an observatory wall spins to reveal a groggy Felina, tied to a chair. She looks up and REACTS, struggling against her bonds.
She activates the SWAT Kat beeper by rocking herself back and forth until the chair falls over so she can press the button:
Original script wrote:OTS - ON KATRINA

The chair (its back is TO CAMERA, in the FOREGROUND) rocks back and forth as wee see that Felina's struggles have exposed the Swat Kat beeper in her back pocket.

KATRINA
Smart girl! But it won't save your uncle! By the end of the eclipse, he'll be totally drained!

ON FELINA

As she reacts, with a twist that sends her chair falling over backwards with a CRASH.

FELINA
Noooooo!!!

LOW ANGLE - FLOOR

As Felina sees the beeper and hits the button with her shoulder. The blue light begins to FLASH.
In the revised 5/17/94 draft the Tremblays gave to you, however, Felina is simply dragged into the observatory by Laszlo, Otto and the other guy, and thrown on the floor:
Revised script wrote:She turns as we PAN OVER to see Laszlo, Otto and the other Servant enter dragging a groggy Felina, bound with ropes. They drop her to the ground.
With her hands tied behind her back, she manages to press the button of the beeper in her pants pocket. It also happens right after she's brought in instead of slightly later:
Revised script wrote:*ANGLE - FELINA ON THE FLOOR

*We see the SWAT Kat beeper sticking out of her back pocket. PUSH IN as her bound hands find the button and press it. The BLUE LIGHT FLASHES.
Leopold still mentions the secret room later on during the climax, though, apparently forgetting during the revision that he'd written it out:
Revised script wrote:WIDER - TO INCLUDE TWO GARGOYLES (LASZLO AND SERVANT)

They've CRASHED through the wall of the hidden room and are using their GLOWING EYES to fire at Felina and T-Bone.
There's a few other differences as well. I'll have to catalogue them the way I did for The Pastmaster Always Rings Twice's script vs. its finished episode.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)