The Stealth Jet

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
jesse220
Long-Term Resident

The Stealth Jet

Post by jesse220 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Razor: Uh, oh… looks like our radar jammer’s totaled! Without this, Feral can track us here easy and blow our cover!

T-Bone: So fix the thing, ace.

Razor: Hey, not without help. I salvaged it from a stealth jet; complex stuff… it could take months to fix!

It seems that the Radar Jammer must be an advance piece of stealth technology and if it is advanced, then maybe the stealth jet is advanced also. But there's a question. What was the stealth jet? And what did it look like?
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: The Stealth Jet

Post by Mikazo » Thu May 29, 2014 9:17 pm

Maybe it was back-engineered from a crashed alien spacecraft.
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Fri May 30, 2014 6:24 am

More than likely they were referring to the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk.
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Post by jesse220 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Well I was thinking the kat people might have taken the alien technology. And use it as their own.

The stealth jet could resimbles the F-117 or it might have been an unmanned stealth aircraft . But I had thought about what the stealth jet was

1. The blue Manx jet

2. Hard drives water proof jet.

3 Turmoil's escape ship.

4. Dark Kat's Doomsday express.

I had thought that they were stealth jets. But some users think it is very unlikely.
0 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Fri May 30, 2014 7:29 pm

I had thought that they were stealth jets. But some users think it is very unlikely.
It's possible they are stealth jets, but it's not likely any of them are the stealth jet the radar jammer the SWAT Kats use came from.

Razor said Commander Feral would've been able to track the SWAT Kats back to their hangar if not for the Radar Jammer (i.e. Feral would've tracked them "easy," as Razor put it, discovering who they are right away).

The canonical appearance of each aircraft in the series doesn't match the time frame required (each aircraft appears well after the SWAT Kats have built and regularly use the Turbokat).

As to whether or not it's alien technology, well, I can't say there's any evidence to support that. It's an interesting thought, though.

That episode aired in 1994, and was probably in production for the year leading up to that. This is just a couple of years after the Gulf War, which the F-117 Nighthawk featured prominently in, and was colloquially known by many as "The Stealth" or "Stealth Jet." The creators of the show likely had this aircraft in mind when they wrote that dialogue.

Because of it's (then) highly unorthodox appearance, back then some people wondered if the F-117 was based on extraterrestrial technology :)
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Post by jesse220 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:04 pm

I guess it is a possibility, and maybe they could salvage more radar hammers and use one of them to turn the Turbokat into a stealth Jet. Would that make sense or no?

And if it was the F-117 Nighthawk, it probably would be in Enforcer's hands. But I was thinking the fictional F/A-37 Talon stealth fighter from the movie stealth could have been the stealth jet which Razor salvaged the radar jammer from.
0 x