Forced to work at the Salvage Yard?

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Furlong29
Just Moved In

Forced to work at the Salvage Yard?

Post by Furlong29 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:05 pm

This has always kind of confused me; how exactly did Feral force Chance and Jake to work at the salvage yard? Assuming that the higher-ups
believe Feral's version of the incident, wouldn't they have just been suspended, if not outright fired? Also, since Jake and Chance work at a salvage yard with (primarily) old Enforcer junk, does that mean the Enforcers own the salvage yard? If so, then are Chance and Jake still technically enforcers? So...many...questions!!
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: Forced to work at the Salvage Yard?

Post by Mikazo » Thu May 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Well that is assuming they have the same kinds of laws and worker protections that we tend to have in the Western world here. In their society it may be perfectly normal to make someone work in a scrap yard for something like non-compliance. Personally though I suspect that the whole thing is a cover story. I.e. it only looks on the surface like they were forced to work in a salvage yard, when what really happened is they were transferred into some kind of top secret black ops project.
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 am

I figured they are no longer Enforcers. Both were seemingly calling it quits with them removing and tossing their helmets. Also Feral said to them they were off the force but not off the hook. How he was able to legally make them do that I am not sure, unless maybe it was some sort of alternative to them going to prison? The Enforcers are compared to a militaristic type of law enforcement, so it could be justified punishment in the force. I would be interested to see what that paperwork was that Feral was holding during that exchange.

If they are still Enforcers and the Enforcers do own the metal salvage yard, perhaps what the commander meant when he told Jake and Chance they were off the force he was referring to their pilot status. Force meaning air force division. This is a bit confusing I agree.
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Post by jesse220 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Well maybe Feral could have sent them to exile from their country to somewhere else. Or he could have sent them to a work camp somewhere. But I think Feral would have arrested Chance and Jake for the damage of the Enforcer Headquarters.

If they were forced into prison, then they would escaped and probably become villians. But in my thoughts Feral would have them frozen in Carbonite like The Empire freeze Han Solo in Carbonite.
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Fri May 30, 2014 12:53 pm

jesse220 wrote:Well maybe Feral could have sent them to exile from their country to somewhere else. Or he could have sent them to a work camp somewhere. But I think Feral would have arrested Chance and Jake for the damage of the Enforcer Headquarters.

If they were forced into prison, then they would escaped and probably become villians. But in my thoughts Feral would have them frozen in Carbonite like The Empire freeze Han Solo in Carbonite.
... Now you're talking cray cray. XD and check your PM
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Ty-Chou » Fri May 30, 2014 9:33 pm

I, admittedly, haven't thought too hard about this, still going mainly off the assumptions I had as a kid: that a large part of Feral's hold on our boys is the money they owe for damages. With the major amount of dough they owe the city/Enforcers, it gives Feral a bit of say-so as to how they're going to pay it back.

Working at the salvage yard is two-fold. One, since they're no longer "on the force" as in, active protectors of the citizens and the law, they do have to have some kind of job to make back the money. And two, working in the salvage yard owned by the city is a form of community service that pays off not just their monetary debt, but their debt to society. I imagine their alternative to not taking the job was jail time. Feral probably planned on booking them for willful destruction of property (can directly disobeying orders get you put in jail?) and maybe even aiding and abetting, as their actions allowed Dark Kat to get away.
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Post by jesse220 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:58 pm

Ty-Chou wrote:I, admittedly, haven't thought too hard about this, still going mainly off the assumptions I had as a kid: that a large part of Feral's hold on our boys is the money they owe for damages. With the major amount of dough they owe the city/Enforcers, it gives Feral a bit of say-so as to how they're going to pay it back.

Working at the salvage yard is two-fold. One, since they're no longer "on the force" as in, active protectors of the citizens and the law, they do have to have some kind of job to make back the money. And two, working in the salvage yard owned by the city is a form of community service that pays off not just their monetary debt, but their debt to society. I imagine their alternative to not taking the job was jail time. Feral probably planned on booking them for willful destruction of property (can directly disobeying orders get you put in jail?) and maybe even aiding and abetting, as their actions allowed Dark Kat to get away.

If feral did put Chance and Jake in jail, their sentences would be 9 lives behind bars for treason.
0 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Great Britain

Post by NeeKnight » Sat May 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Gotta say, I always wondered this myself... I assume what we saw was just Feral making the threat of making them work of the debt and then there was lots of boring legal stuff and a trail (or at the least an legal inquiry) where our two fly boys lost. I am not sure but we have seen other stories where people were given the choice of military service or jail so I guess the kats had the same choice and chose the salvage yard.
0 x
NERO

Furlong29
Just Moved In

Post by Furlong29 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:41 pm

I never thought of it as community service, but that does make sense. Either way, those two had the worst union reps in the world! LOL!
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Post by jesse220 » Sat May 31, 2014 5:43 pm

Furlong29 wrote:I never thought of it as community service, but that does make sense. Either way, those two had the worst union reps in the world! LOL!
Maybe they need to come up with a new union or something.
0 x