Jake and Chance's salvage yard building

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: Jake and Chance's salvage yard building

Post by Kooshmeister » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:26 pm

Personally, I think the floor plan from the old RPG is drastically exaggerated. Especially for the top floor. But, eh, it was 1997. God, was it really that long ago? Still and all, it isn't impossible. I just imagine that, at most, the top floor has two bedrooms tops, a kitchen and dining area, and a bathroom. Maybe two bathrooms. I don't see it having a living room and if it does Chance and Jake probably don't use it for that, considering they do 90-99% of their TV watching in the show in the break area, and it''s made clear that they've just got the one TV, which has to be replaced after it ends up an unwitting victim of Chance's temper.

Though it seems later they get another which they have down in the hangar. Unless they just unplug the TV from the break room and take it down there. It looks small enough. Though I question repeatedly carrying even a small TV set up and down a ladder as opposed to stairs.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

stancymckatt
Resident
United States of America

Post by stancymckatt » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:48 pm

MoDaD wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:01 am
Strike's IRC-based "SK RPG" circa 1997 had a floor-plan graphic that they used for this. It's not canon, but it's educated guessing based on the locations shown, with some liberties taken to expand one of the game's main locales for extra characters/interactions.
I remember this map. Thanks for digging it out :-) Whoever made it put a lot of work into figuring it out. I'm impressed.

Mikazo wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:31 pm
By the way, what exactly is that room in the lower right corner in the top drawing? Are those hanging studio lights on the wall?
The lights on the wall were Probably Sconces of some kind? It looks like a living room with a sectional sofa best guess. (I watch a lot of remodeling shows, and that looks like the shorthand they use.) I was never brave enough to sign up for the RPG when it was running.
Mikazo wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:32 pm
I have a feeling that their claws would make short work of any socks they tried to wear.
True TboneLaughCait Unless they have toe less socks, like they have finger[less gloves].

Edited to correct my last sentence... It was bugging me, even though it was fairly understandable.
Last edited by stancymckatt on Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:34 pm

Great, now I need to go through the show and look for socked characters. RazLaugh
2 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:27 pm

MoDaD wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:01 am
Strike's IRC-based "SK RPG" circa 1997 had a floor-plan graphic that they used for this. It's not canon, but it's educated guessing based on the locations shown, with some liberties taken to expand one of the game's main locales for extra characters/interactions.

LOL Yeeeah they had that place with the interior of a small mansion. In the #altskrpg (RPG sessions that took place in the afternoons to accommodate our European players), Mike the Vile (Evy) and I dialed it back as those sessions were on a alternative timeline. Personally I feel it only has two bedrooms, a full bath and then that balcony on the second floor.
3 x
DarkKatFury

stancymckatt
Resident
United States of America

Post by stancymckatt » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:32 pm

Felony wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:27 pm
Personally I feel it only has two bedrooms, a full bath and then that balcony on the second floor.
That makes sense. That would explain why they use the break room like a living room. Maybe they grill out a lot? (Lack of kitchen)
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:31 pm

Found one socked character without needing to look. Manx. He wears knee-high socks with his old-timey golf pants.
2 x