Favorite Villain

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.

Who is your favorite villain?

Dark Kat
16%
Dr. Viper
5%
Pastmaster
3%
Metallikats
21%
Hard Drive
16%
Red Lynx
No votes
Madkat
11%
Mutilor
5%
Turmoil
13%
Rex Shard
No votes
Cikatas
No votes
Harley Street
No votes
Zed
3%
Leiter Greenbox
No votes
Chopshop
No votes
Morbulus
3%
"Dark" SWAT Kats
5%

Total votes: 38

Darker
Resident
Spain

Re: Favorite Villain

Post by Darker » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:02 pm

MSTRazorFan89 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:28 pm
Madkat was just plain different from most of their enemies. Instead of using technology or vehicles like most of them. Madkat was able to gain powers depending on which form he takes similar to X-Men villain Apocalypse. This guy came very close of defeating the SWAT Kats on his own. Just imagine in only one episode everything he done compared to most of their regular enemies. This guy is no joke in every sense of the word.
He did technically accomplish his goal by capturing the king, queen and knight, without the SWAT Kats being able to stop him at any point.

I'd compare him more to Mr. Mxyzptlk than Apocalypse, though. Apocalypse has limited power, whereas Madkat appears to be able to conjure up or turn into whatever he wants, much like Mxyzptlk's godlike power. Though Zed holds the most destructive feat in the series by blowing up a mountain, I'd give Madkat the title for the most powerful villain of the series, because he could've probably turned that mountain into a party hat with his powers, or made it vanish with a snap from his fingers. It was only by a stroke of luck that the SWAT Kats sort of stumbled upon the only person that knew how to defeat him, no one else, not even the other villains could've stopped him.

Though he's not as creepy, I guess we could consider him the SWAT Kats equivalent of HIM, from The Powerpuff Girls?
2 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

Cody Furlong
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Cody Furlong » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:39 am

My vote is for the Dark SWAT Kats, since they know just about everything our heroes do, they could become quite the problem if they e or entered the main world.
1 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:03 am

I like the idea of the Dark SWAT Kats more than the actual characters. It seemed like they were, lesser? For all the skill and finesse of our heroes, the Dark SWAT Kats don't seem quite as capable. Just look at their missiles. The good SWAT Kats use specially designed, purpose built missiles for niche purposes, specific tasks. The Dark SWAT Kats just make bigger explosives or gunk to blind other pilots. Seems like being evil took any sense of skill and ability away in favor of being meaner and more aggressive.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:48 am

Well, they are opposites, meaning they're not just evil, but also kind of stupid.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Darker
Resident
Spain

Post by Darker » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:41 am

Volcanus may not be a big favourite, but he at least rocks a great design.

I stitched up this image for a respect thread I made for him.
2 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:54 pm

Darker wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:41 am
but he at least rocks a great design.
Please tell me that was intentional. Madkatlaughing
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:48 pm

It's hard to pick just one. The Metallikats and Madkat are certainly entertaining and funny and at the top of my list, but I'm also partial to Dr. Viper's character design. Hard Drive strikes me as the character with the most potential due to his expertise with electronics.
2 x

Dr. Ascara
Resident
Belarus

Post by Dr. Ascara » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:49 am

I have chosen Metallikats because of their well developed story and an awesome music theme. So sad the OST is not available.
And despite them being villains I have had some sympathy towards.
3 x

EditorElohim
Just Moved In
Paraguay

Post by EditorElohim » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:35 pm

I chose Hard Drive because his concept appeals to me, and he would be a VERY dangerous criminal in today's age. Besides being a little sympathetic; I don't know, as he had the potential to be even an anti-hero.
Darker wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:02 pm
Though he's not as creepy, I guess we could consider him the SWAT Kats equivalent of HIM, from The Powerpuff Girls?
But MadKat is not an emotional manipulator, nor does he brag about how evil he is; he is simply crazy and wants to have fun at the expense of others. HIM on the other hand ... is the Devil. Really. HalCallie HalCallie HalCallie
Last edited by EditorElohim on Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:12 pm

It just occurred to me that while the Dark SWAT Kats are included in the poll, Dark Callie isn't, nor has she been mentioned in this thread so far. Admittedly, she didn't get much screen time, but she had (and still has) so much potential...
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."