Is it possible to be a real SWAT Kat?

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Echo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Is it possible to be a real SWAT Kat?

Post by Echo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:47 am

I wasn't too sure where to put this, hopefully show discussion is the right spot.

And what I mean is, would we be able to use the same gadgets and vehicles they do and apply them to the real world? Of course the outfits can be easily made, I don't see the cyclotron being a problem to make either besides the missiles. But what about everything else, could we carefully fly through a city in a large jet? Have everything we need at our disposal? And what about a hideout that no one could find? It's a lot to think about. SinianThisCait
5 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: Is it possible to be a real SWAT Kat?

Post by Kooshmeister » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Probably not, at least not to the extent that they do it. Realism, obeying the laws of physics, isn't really SWAT Kats' strong suit. TboneLaughCait

Some of the missiles could work, I guess, and a jet like the Turbokat is certainly possible. Flying in-between skyscrapers with a jet the way T-Bone does on a regular basis, though, while, again, possible, would be needlessly dangerous and risky.

As for hideouts nobody can find, there's plenty of those over the years.
4 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Echo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Echo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:25 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:Probably not, at least not to the extent that they do it. Realism, obeying the laws of physics, isn't really SWAT Kats' strong suit. TboneLaughCait

Some of the missiles could work, I guess, and a jet like the Turbokat is certainly possible. Flying in-between skyscrapers with a jet the way T-Bone does on a regular basis, though, while, again, possible, would be needlessly dangerous and risky.

As for hideouts nobody can find, there's plenty of those over the years.
True, those darn physics.
3 x

Leon Mane
Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:22 pm

A gauntlet with a retractable shield, possible, even one with folding parts (maybe going with the method Static Shock used with his folding flight disk for the unfolding?). Small non-lethal munitions for it wouldn't be impossible, like the bola, the net, all else fails, beanbag rounds or rubber bullets if you make one barrel just a plain old miniature shotgun. I've had a sort of idea for a forearm mounted fire extinguisher for firefighters for years, so why couldn't a real Glove-a-Trix exist? It might even be easier and possibly cheaper. Civilian models for self defense would be neat, too.

I think the most useful thing would be helmets with a Heads-up Display and multiple vision modes (low light, night vision, UV shield) and built in communicators. Coordination is key for catching criminals. That's why the police get things done; working together and having superior training.

Jets steer clear of cities due to how difficult it'd be to maneuver between the buildings. The required reflexes would need to be near precognitive to avoid massive collateral damage. The idea, itself, is the definition of Awesome, but Impractical. The rest is maybe, MAYBE, Difficult, but Awesome. It all depends on how much a real Glove-a-Trix would cost (Awesome, but Impractical if too expensive, or something only given to special groups).
5 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Post by Cait » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:20 pm

It would be cool, until people start shouting "freak" or become a public attraction ._. You should actualy beat some criminals to avoid those situations but then you would be dealing with the police, claiming obstruction issues or unauthorized behaviour. This is a pretty boring world... SighingChanceIcon
3 x

Leon Mane
Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:34 am

If the world had laws allowing freelance vigilantes to deal with criminals, assuming they otherwise made every effort to preserve evidence and perhaps use body cameras like the police, it might make some places safer. Hard for the police to miss a masked vigilante or a group showing up with drug dealers and video evidence. Add in the Glove-a-Trix gadgets and you get heroes all over the place.

Side note, I'd love to have access to the footage. Especially if some weedy little gang member tried to fight some MMA trained fighter with 80+ pounds and at least half a foot of height on them. I can't lie about just how much I love one sided fights. Like that video of a bunch of punks in, I think, Russia picking on an older man, and he just one shots three or four of them (Don't worry, they lived. He just knocked them out.) and walked away after telling the rest off. I don't know the man, but he has my respect.
3 x

invincible
Resident
Canada

Post by invincible » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:15 pm

https://www.deviantart.com/mijiko88/art ... -161849227

They did that on Elemental Gelade so the Swat Kats could be the next in costume with those folks in South East. The Equipment of the Swat Kats would be derive from the materials these Elemental Gelade persons utilize except in the forms of Swat Kats and their patterns. Which would be neat to take a shot of probably with a few bad guys so there are like 5 characters or something to photograph. Might be amazingly exciting though.
0 x
TurboKatBounce RazAfraid RazorLoveCait BroFistIcon GlovatrixIcon JakeStopIcon