Failure to Launch: Reorienting after the Revolution That Wasn't

Talk about the most awesome show in the world, SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: Failure to Launch: Reorienting after the Revolution That Wasn't

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Yeah, but do they really? I thought the money was to make the trailer themselves, presumably by paying someone to animate it (using the Kickstarter money). It was never mentioned that they'd need a third party.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:45 pm
Yeah, but do they really? I thought the money was to make the trailer themselves, presumably by paying someone to animate it (using the Kickstarter money). It was never mentioned that they'd need a third party.
They might be playing it by ear, they've probably never tried to get a series back up and running (especially one from almost 30 years ago).

At any rate, my friend came back with more information on Netflix.

How to Sell a TV Show to Netflix

Netflix: Request TV Shows or Movies

Might not solve the lack of producers, but maybe somebody in contact with them could run it by them?
2 x

Echo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Echo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:58 pm

That would be Modad's department.
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:31 pm

Rusakov wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm
They might be playing it by ear, they've probably never tried to get a series back up and running (especially one from almost 30 years ago).

At any rate, my friend came back with more information on Netflix.

How to Sell a TV Show to Netflix

Netflix: Request TV Shows or Movies

Might not solve the lack of producers, but maybe somebody in contact with them could run it by them?
They aren't disclosing who they've already talked with. Tremblay Bros. Studios has elected to conduct their process out of public view.

So, hypothetically speaking, even if they did approach Jason DeMarco at Toonami, or even if they did approach Melissa Cobb at Netflix, or if they had repeated meetings with Village Roadshow Pictures, or if they lost out on a deal with Teletoon, or if Warner Bros. has filed counter-claims over rights, they wouldn't be saying anything about it.

The Tremblays have their way of doing things, and this project (SWAT-Kats Revolution) will either succeed or die according to that.

Christian Tremblay stated that he thinks this project is still within his expected time table of 5 to 7 years, though this is a much longer estimate than was previously given.

But, as Erico has already mentioned (and everyone can recall/view for themselves), a trailer was part of the Kickstarter: a clear goal tier that was met and has yet to be delivered upon. And, if the issues concerning rights are still as described here, it should have been achievable by now.

As has been previously mentioned, you are free to contact Tremblay Bros. Studios directly here to provide your suggestions and to inquire about the status of the SWAT-Kats Revolution trailer.
4 x