SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
Krillos
Resident
Sweden

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Panel

Post by Krillos » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:25 am

MoDaD wrote:
Krillos wrote:Not sure what I feel about the Metallikat Kids, though. I mean, how are they created? I doubt neither Mac and Molly has the brain capacity to create A.I. and who in their right mind would build robotic kids for crooked parents? Certainly not Professor Hackle, that's for sure. And if they're not robotic but organic, then it is a rather odd thing to call them "Metallikat Kids". Well, unless they're cyborgs.
Pokygirl2001 wrote:My assumption about 'metallikat kids' was that Mac and Molly had children while they were still, uh, not tin cans and he was just talking about the characters as 'the Metallikat's kids'. I thought perhaps they meant Mac and Molly are going to have more of a 'gang' because they've got their grown kids behind them. I would think they were old enough to have teenagers at least when they were escaping from AlKatraz.
The mechanics of how that would occur aside (thought I'm guessing it's probably another unintended consequence of Professor Hackle's doing) I thought it was an interesting concept and the feeling I got was that the premise would probably be similar to the Beagle Boys family in Duck Tales. I think narratively it'd be amusing if they just abruptly all of a sudden have kids in the future and it's never explained how or why. Maybe even an exchange between T-Bone and Razor at some point along these lines:
T-Bone: And I thought the Metallikats were bad enough when there was just two of them - now they've got kids?

Razor: Yeah, not to mention how? (explosion/action interruption)
And it's never brought up again :lol:
Hmm, interesting that you brought up the beagle boys, cause I just came up another theory. Though they're called the "Metallikat kids", what if they're technically not Mac and Molly's kids? What if they're actually younger generation of the Mange-family who joined with the Metallikats (much of Mac and Molly's annoyance)? Like nephews and such? And Mac and Molly only agreed to keep them around due to being threaten of getting cut out of the family inheritage? lol
0 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:23 pm

Krillos wrote:Hmm, interesting that you brought up the beagle boys, cause I just came up another theory. Though they're called the "Metallikat kids", what if they're technically not Mac and Molly's kids?
Lance Falk coined the name "Metallibrats" during the panel, and I have to admit it sounds pretty apt :lol:
2 x

Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Felix Kayne » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:46 am

Cougar.... Is he gonna be the same Dr. Cougar that was mentioned in Swat Kats Unplugged? Just watched that episode againand the name popped up.
1 x

Krillos
Resident
Sweden

Post by Krillos » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:20 am

FelixKayne wrote:Cougar.... Is he gonna be the same Dr. Cougar that was mentioned in Swat Kats Unplugged? Just watched that episode againand the name popped up.
I don't think so. According to Tremblay, Couger is a new character who was a test pilot for the Enforcers. He went missing after a freak accident a long time ago, so it is doubtful that he and this Dr Cougar are one and the same.
0 x

invincible
Resident
Canada

Post by invincible » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:18 pm

Nice Radical 25 Years Banner!
1 x
TurboKatBounce RazAfraid RazorLoveCait BroFistIcon GlovatrixIcon JakeStopIcon

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Krillos wrote:I don't think so. According to Tremblay, Couger is a new character who was a test pilot for the Enforcers. He went missing after a freak accident a long time ago, so it is doubtful that he and this Dr Cougar are one and the same.
Considering we have both an Enforcer and a prison guard named Talon (in Chaos in Crystal), it's possible some names are just common in Megakat City.

Also, in the case of the Puma-Dyne scientist mentioned in SWAT Kats Unplugged, it's obvious Cougar is their last name; with this new character, Cougar would be their first name.

As to who might build the Metallibrats, I imagine that it'd either be Greenbox (despite the bad blood between him and Molly over what Zed did to Mac), assuming he's still crazy-go-nuts at this point, or perhaps the Metallikats abduct Hackle and force him to do it. Another possibility is that the writers invent a brand new evil robotics expert who gets recruited by the Metallikats. Heck, perhaps even Dr. Viper could do it; we saw in Katastrophe that despite being a biochemist, he knows his way around building robots (although it's possible he was just following Dark Kat's instructions).

There's a lot of possibilities.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)