SWAT Kats Revolution Preview - Toonz Media Group

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
Cody Furlong
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: SWAT Kats Revolution Preview - Toonz Media Group

Post by Cody Furlong » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:22 pm

My Theory is that, that's not actually Chance and Jake, but their sons we are seeing model of.
1 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:55 pm

Cody Furlong wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:22 pm
My Theory is that, that's not actually Chance and Jake, but their sons we are seeing model of.
Ooh! That's a very intriguing possibility!
0 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:02 pm

And yeah, the designs weren't quite what I was hoping for. But at least it's something. :P
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:43 pm

Tarnish wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:24 am
Well, with those previews revealed, I can say I'm officially checked out of this new series.
Your points are totally understandable. It's fine to have some design updates, but it's conceivable that they could end up butchering it too. I'll reserve judgment until we have more confirmation about what it's going to look like.

That said I certainly don't mind if the new show is different, in fact I welcome it. I felt that there were plenty of ways in which the original could have been improved or done differently, even with respect to the show's aesthetic quality. If anything, the last thing I would want is for the show to stay the same as before. That doesn't mean of course that every new idea or design that is introduced is necessarily good.

I thought one of the better looks for the characters came from the SNES cartridge box art. Granted, something like that may be hard to animate, but in my opinion this actually looked way better than the show, and at least a move in that direction would have been very nice to see.

1 x

Tarnish
Resident
Hungary

Post by Tarnish » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:25 am

Another thing I noticed is they even changed the color schemes of the outfits/gadgets.

They seem to have completely dropped using yellow (although it was used sparingly to begin with, mostly just on the Turbokat and sometimes on the Cycletrons), and now decided to use grey and even white a lot more on everything.

Not really a fan of those model/serial number markings either...why even put them there? It's not like they're mass produced or avaiable to the public to purchase...
0 x

Echo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Echo » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:06 am

That is rather strange about the serial numbers, like what if a random kat (like Nano, for instance) gets curious about the numbers and traces them back to Jake and Chance? That very well may be how he gets introduced. xD
1 x

Cody Furlong
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Cody Furlong » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:56 pm

From what I remember, they are supposed to get better, upgraded equipment to bring them back on par with everyone else in the reboot. It;s possible that the icons and numbers, could belong to whoever is providing them the new gear.
1 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Tarnish
Resident
Hungary

Post by Tarnish » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:17 am

Mikazo wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:43 pm
I thought one of the better looks for the characters came from the SNES cartridge box art. Granted, something like that may be hard to animate, but in my opinion this actually looked way better than the show, and at least a move in that direction would have been very nice to see.

Some funny things going on in that cover. Razor going all Wolverine, the jet packs looking like boomboxes, T-bone's veins visible on his arms THROUGH his flight uniform..
2 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:35 pm

Tarnish wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:17 am

Some funny things going on in that cover. Razor going all Wolverine, the jet packs looking like boomboxes, T-bone's veins visible on his arms THROUGH his flight uniform..
All valid points. TboneLaughCait
1 x

invincible
Resident
Canada

Post by invincible » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:28 am

jonnykicon Neat, great new pictures for the Kats.
0 x
TurboKatBounce RazAfraid RazorLoveCait BroFistIcon GlovatrixIcon JakeStopIcon