Fan Questions for March 25

Any fandom news about the SWAT Kats, Kats Eye News wants to know!
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Fan Questions for March 25

Post by MoDaD » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:03 pm

TIME UPDATED

SWAT Kats fans in the Los Angeles area, stop by the Park La Brea Activity Center on Saturday, March 25 at 7:00pm PST to meet SWAT Kats co-creators Christian and Yvon Tremblay and series writer and design coordinator Lance Falk for Q&A, photos, autographs and a chance to win a limited edition surprise item. Only 40 will be raffled away. If you can't make it in-person, you can still enter the drawing online. Winners will be chosen live in a fishbowl drawing. Check @TheSWATKats on twitter that day for the stream.

Details and sign up here:
https://swatkats.info/about/event/

------------------------

The stream should have a working live chat option, but just in case there's an issue with that...

I'd like to have a "Questions from the fans" segment.

These will be asked either during the live stream or in a recorded segment. Either way, I'll make sure they get asked*

If you'd like to participate (especially those in a timezone where the stream will be at an awkward time), please prepare a single question you'd like to ask and also how you'd like to be credited.

Example:

"MoDaD on MegakatCity.com asks: 'what's Callie Briggs favorite color?'"

*Pertinent questions only, please :lol:

I'll try to do this toward the end of the retrospective stuff, so this would be a good way to segue into SWAT Kats Revolution inquiries.

And, because it's on this thread, I can easily find it later :lol:

ALSO, if you want to make it a video question, I can try to include those as well, but they need to be up by next Thursday, and preferably linked to/embedded here for ease of finding.

If you're a forum lurker and still want to participate, tweet us @TheSWATKats and I'll try to add those to this thread.
2 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Re: Fan Questions for March 25

Post by Cait » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Cait on MegakatCity.com asks:

"I'm a OST collector and Swat Kats soundtrack (even as it doesn't have a released OST album as far as I know) is awesome. What are the plans for Revolution's soundtrack? Is it going to be the same, arranges from the old OST or something completely new? I would love to hear it and have it!"

-------------------------

Hope it's not too big... I've been thinking the whole day how to phrase it RazEmbarrassed
2 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Germany

Post by Mr. Goodkat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Right now I can't think of any more show related questions than the ones I've already mentioned in the "Houston Convention Question Ideas"-thread and the ones I've send to you shortly before the convention started back then.

The only question that came into my mind recently (and I'm not sure if it is really that interesting to ask) is concerning Christian's, Yvon's and Lance's opinions on the fact that some of the backgrounds and also an enforcer chopper have been re-used in the "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"-show (the show also used assets from other H-B-productions). Do they rate this an honoring of the SK-team's work or do they dislike it? Do they care at all that these assets have been re-used in another show?
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:32 am

Do these count as pertinent? :lol:

1. Why does the Enforcer Sergeant look different in Enter the Madkat and Katastrophe than he does in every other episode?

2. Why, beginning with Madkat, did they switch from Ed Gilbert to Jim Cummings, with Gilbert effectively leaving the show until he returned briefly for Caverns of Horror?

3. Was there ever any discussion about just what happened to Burke, Murray and Steel? I'm not asking why they weren't reused, I'm asking if any thought was given to exactly where they went to between seasons to justify their inexplicable absence in the second season. It's often said Felina replaced Steel, but this is untrue; not only does she have a completely different outfit, she has a completely different rank (a lieutenant is under a lieutenant commander, meaning that although she often acts as her uncle's second in command, Felina is still now the second highest-ranking Enforcer unless and until she's promoted).

4. A minor pet peeve, but why was Steel sometimes addressed as lieutenant instead of commander? You don't address a lieutenant commander as "lieutenant," since it isn't a type of lieutenant, it's a type of commander. Nobody calls a lieutenant general or lieutenant colonel "lieutennat." I suspect it was to avoid confusion with Commander Feral, but I'd like to have this actually clarified.

5. Just how is Steel's name supposed to be spelled? S-T-E-E-L, as he insists upon in The Wrath of Dark Kat, or S-T-E-E-L-E, as seen on his nameplate in Enter the Madkat? I go with "Steel," myself, on the assumption that the reason he insists on the "two Es" spelling is because his nameplate misprints his name (similar to Sheriff Dollard's nametag saying "Dullard" in To Wong Foo - "It's a misprint!")

6. What do Jonny's last initial "K." and Dr. Zyme's first initial "N." stand for? I've used "Nathan" and "Newton" for Zyme, and currently prefer the latter, but it'd be nice for a canon name (and if none exists, and he's always just been "N. Zyme," maybe I humbly suggest Newton?). I'd also like to suggest "Slate-Gray" (after the Super Cluedo Challenge suspect Mr. Slate-Gray) for the Enforcer Sergeant, or perhaps simply "Gray" (after Sergeant Gray in the Clue VCR game). The guy needs a name. I've used Brady in my stories, but that isn't "SWAT Katty enough," hence "Slate-Gray" or just "Gray." Sergeant Brady Slate-Gray? :lol:

7. Was the female Puma-Dyne scientist in Unlikely Alloys intended to be the Dr. Cougar mentioned in SWAT Kats Unplugged? If so, that'd make our lives on the Encyclopedia a whole lot easier. :lol:

8. Will we ever see model sheets for Succubus!, Doctors of Doom and Turmoil II: The Revenge (and the scripts for the latter two), and, despite never being finished and aired, are those three episodes canon? Oh, and will they possibly be recycled for SWAT Kats Revolution? I think fans really would like to see these three episodes finished in some form or fashion, preferably with as few changes to the original ideas as possible (I'm quite partial to Laszlo and Otto in Succubus!); I myself want what we were originally supposed to get in '94.

9. And finally, are they taking fan suggestions for stories in SWAT Kats Revolution? If so, I have no shortage of ideas, and I won't take a cent for them (Dr. Zyme's return, deformed, and his attempt to get revenge against Viper, Madkat taking new hosts but preferring Lenny Ringtail, who wants to live a normal life, a sequel to The Ci-Kat-A concerning the fates of the surviving possessed kats, etc.). :lol:

Okay, I'm all fanboy'd out.
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

SVMON94
Resident
Finland

Post by SVMON94 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:13 pm

Allright here goes i hope i put my question into words well enough.

SVMON94 on megakatcity.com asks:"This question is about Callie. What is the backstory behind creating her character design?"
2 x
I ship felina x callie with a burning passion.

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:10 pm

TIME UPDATED: The stream should start at 7:00pm PST - but tune in around 15-20 minutes earlier for some pre-stream audio/video content (and also to make sure it's working :lol: ). And, my apologies to everyone in Europe - I'd be nice to have a more accessible time, but circumstances are what they are.

I'll be stopping by the location the day before to do some on-site tests - most important being the internet connection.
0 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Prettyshadowj26 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Here's My 4 Question I know that episode 3 "The Wrath of Dark Kat " we have witness the Origin of the Swat Kats but We want to know more

1.What was the Swat Kats 1st Mission ?

2.How Callie & the Swat kats first met ?

3.How Felina became ally of the Swat kats?

4.What's Dark Kat Origin ?
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Prettyshadowj26 wrote:3.How Felina became ally of the Swat kats?
Odd question. It seems pretty self-explanatory to me; she joined the Enforcers, met them, and happened to agree with what they did. Also, calling her "[an] ally of the SWAT Kats" implies the other Enforcers aren't.
Prettyshadowj26 wrote:4.What's Dark Kat Origin ?
Definitely a good question. My own fanon notwithstanding, the closest we've gotten is that he was described as being (or having been) a corrupt judge in the show's promotional material. I'm unsure if this is canon anymore, though; certainly it was never so much as suggested in the actual show. So it'd be nice to know if the "Dark Kat as a crooked judge" angle was still canon, and, if it isn't, what they had in mind to replace it.

More from me:

10. What are the names of the vehicles used in Bride of the Pastmaster and Katastrophe? The former is the four-wheeled thing which they use to escape from the cyclops in, and which also tows the Turbokat to Megalith City; the latter is the amphibious vehicle which they used to bust into Dark Kat's hideout after the Turbokat is destroyed. I'd really like to call them something besides "four-wheeled thing" and "amphibious vehicle." :lol:

11. Was the Pastmaster killed for good when he fell into the lava in The Deadly Pyramid? Yeah, he got disintegrated along with his dragon in Bride of the Pastmaster, but falling into an erupting volcano seems pretty permanent. If he didn't die, how do they plan on bringing him back for Revolution?

12. Did the Dark SWAT Kats die? Just what did the Mega-Detonator do to them and their Turbokat?

13. While we're on the subject, one of SWAT Kats' unique features setting it apart from other talking animal cartoons of the time was that it actually had a body count... but certain characters just refuse to stay dead. The Pastmaster returning after being vaporized in Bride of the Pastmaster is one thing; since he time travels, it's possible the Pastmaster we see in A Bright and Shiny Future and The Deadly Pyramid aren't the same one that got disintegrated. And as for the Metallikats, well, they're robots, and the laws of action cartoons state robots can just be rebuilt. I'm speaking mainly of Dark Kat and Dr. Viper, who between them have inexplicably survived four explosions that really should've killed them (although I have my own ideas about how they survived the end of Katastrophe). My question is, does granting certain characters what basically amounts to immunity from death, i.e., they clearly die only to return later without explanation, undermine the impact of the other, more permanent deaths in the show (i.e. Zyme, Katscratch, Meece, Mutilor, Volcanus, possibly the Dark SWAT Kats, as well as many, many others)?

14. Does their consistent survival leave the door open for the other aforementioned characters to return? Except Meece. While Zyme could've escaped from the bacteria monster offscreen when it got distracted by Feral's chopper, Katscratch could return badly burned but alive, Mutilor could be said to have jettisoned in an escape pod at the last second, the Dark SWAT Kats could've been transported to a different dimension instead of disintegrated, etc., I can envision no scenario in which Meece survived his ordeal. Of all the characters killed off throughout the series, that guy is definitely the deadest (excepting Morbulus, who to date is the only character to die three times in one episode). But the others could definitely be brought back with minimal effort.

Okay. Now I'm gone. :lol:

I swear, the show's creators must find me the most annoying fan ever. :lol:
2 x

Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Germany

Post by Mr. Goodkat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:27 am

Here are some thoughts that just came into my mind while thinking about the Kickstarter campaign once again:

Since the Kickstarter campaign has ended about 1.5 years ago already and there are still no information about the teaser or that the production has started I'm wondering how the backers are reacting to this. I've heard from other Kickstarter projects that backers started to complain after a while when it got silent around a project or when it went into a different direction. So my question is: Is the majority of the backers still patient or do you have to deal with unhappy backers sometimes? (I'm actually patient, because I know that it can take years for the right circumstances to show up and I also know that backing a Kickstarter project is spending money on somebody else's dreams which doesn't necessarily become reality or it takes way longer than expected.)

I think it would also be interesting to know about their plans with the teaser. I have the feeling that some backers expect that it's published immediately after it has been finished although this hasn't been stated anywhere. From Christian's earlier statements concerning making things public upfront (I'm referring to Loonatics Unleashed here) I assume that we aren't going to see this trailer until the production of the show itself is complete. Is this assumption correct?
(As a side note: I think they shouldn't keep things too secret only because of their bad experience with Loonatics Unleashed as the situation concerning Revolution seems to be quite different this time. They actually own the rights on the show which wasn't the case for Loonatics Unleashed which belongs to Warner Bros. But that's just my personal opinion on this topic and there might be other reasons for the Tremblay Bros. to be cautious with this.)
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:27 am

I'm patient. If the show happens, it happens. If not, well, I still got those cool full-sized versions of those classic SWAT Kats posters. Go bacteria monsters! BacteriaDivide
0 x