What if Feral took up the Metalikats offer?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Re: What if Feral took up the Metalikats offer?

Post by Felony » Tue May 20, 2014 5:59 am

LOL Mikazo a Black Hole Dark Feral. XD It would be interesting to play a corrupt Feral, perhaps he exists in another dimension?
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Great Britain

Post by NeeKnight » Tue May 20, 2014 8:47 am

A Black Hole Feral would just be a Feral that ate and ate and ate like Galactus X3
<Feral> Millions shall tremble in fear of my giant PANK hat!!!
X3 Really would make an interesting episode, perhaps highlighting how the show's canon Feral differs from corrupted version and how the SWATs interact with the big man in law enforcement.
1 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Post by jesse220 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:27 pm

I think Feral is a bad person and if he took the Metailakat's offer, Chance and Jake would flee from Megakat city taking the turbokat and other gadgets with them. And if they did flee for their 9 lives I think Feral, The Enforcers, and Burke and Murry would hunt them down and force them to face justice for their so called crimes.
0 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Ty-Chou » Tue May 27, 2014 11:03 pm

I really love that long pause Feral takes before he shoots the Metallikats with the neutralizer. You can almost hear the possibilities firing in his brain. In a few seconds, he probably considered it. He couldn't openly agree to it in front of everyone else. But what if he could trick everyone and get the information from the Metallikats later.

I'm sure Feral stays up late at night wondering about the Swat Kats. He is just burning to know not only who they are, but WHY they started doing what they do. And there's always that fear in the back of Feral's mind that one day they will turn and no longer be the city's protectors. With their anonymity, there's no system of checks and balances to keep the Swat Kats honest.

But then, Feral asks himself: Could I live with myself if I cut a deal with the Metallikats? We as the viewers, of course, then get our answer. And I think that scene, along with him telling Callie he didn't want to owe them anything, really changed a lot of people's opinions and gave us real insight as to what kind of person Commander Feral really is.

I really think him accepting the Metallikat's deal instead of turning them down would be a crucial turning point not only in fan opinion of this character, but the type of path Feral would be going down himself.

It would make a very interesting 'What if?' fic.
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Wed May 28, 2014 7:26 pm

I think it's also worth noting that Commander Ulysses Feral seems to take tremendous pride in his job as an Enforcer, and his actions throughout the series always seem to reinforce this. He's not some desk-filling bureaucrat. He's always on the front lines where the action is, often times in real danger. Some might call that ego, but I think he truly adheres to a true concept of duty (and part of that duty is respecting the institution, something the SWAT Kats don't adhere to).

Because of this, I think that pride (alongside duty and character) played a big role in him turning down the Metallikats' offer. Feral will bring the SWAT Kats in someday, but he'll do it honorably, under his own terms, having discovered their secret identities on his own without the help of the criminal element. To have succumbed to the Metallikats would be cheating, and Feral knows he can win this game fair and square.

But anyway, to answer your "what if" scenario (or at least move it along), seeing as Callie was there to witness what he did, she'd also know the SWAT Kats' secret identities, too. And if Feral was dubious enough to take up the Metallikats' offer (or double cross them as you've described), would he also be dubious enough to somehow use this information against Callie, too? Implicating her in a criminal conspiracy/obstruction of justice, as in his eyes it'd be just "coincidence" that the two mechanics she frequents just happen to be the SWAT Kats?
1 x

Leon Mane
Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:58 am

It's hard to predict how things would change had Feral taken the offer, but one thing to think about, Feral had a grudging respect for the SWAT Kats, considering they were able to get things done, even if they did make the Enforcers look less competent by comparison. I think if he did take them up, he'd have lived up to his word, but the Enforcers outside of the crater, in their jets and tanks, would have run them over, or just blown them apart, and thus, Feral would have kept his word, and the Metallikats would still be neutralized as a threat. Knowing the identities of the SWAT Kats, he'd no doubt realize that they were still doing a service for the city, and now knowing how resourceful they truly are, he'd probably stop by and tell them that they'd have a choice between going to prison, or return to the Enforcers after helping build, or at least design, a mass production Turbokat. Feral may have an axe to grind, but he's not stupid, and he'd realize how useful the SWAT Kats would be as Enforcers, not to mention the boost to morale it would provide.
0 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Great Britain

Post by NeeKnight » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:47 am

Leon Mane wrote:It's hard to predict how things would change had Feral taken the offer, but one thing to think about, Feral had a grudging respect for the SWAT Kats, considering they were able to get things done, even if they did make the Enforcers look less competent by comparison. I think if he did take them up, he'd have lived up to his word, but the Enforcers outside of the crater, in their jets and tanks, would have run them over, or just blown them apart, and thus, Feral would have kept his word, and the Metallikats would still be neutralized as a threat. Knowing the identities of the SWAT Kats, he'd no doubt realize that they were still doing a service for the city, and now knowing how resourceful they truly are, he'd probably stop by and tell them that they'd have a choice between going to prison, or return to the Enforcers after helping build, or at least design, a mass production Turbokat. Feral may have an axe to grind, but he's not stupid, and he'd realize how useful the SWAT Kats would be as Enforcers, not to mention the boost to morale it would provide.
That really would be an interesting concept to see Chance and Jake return to the enforcers with who they are revealed, having to readjust what they do to a form of stucture and paper work they left behind when leaving the Enforcers. Of course they would first have to have a pardon for all their "Crimes" during their SWAT Kat days and they would have to agree to being held accountable for any future damage they cause.
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Post by jesse220 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:19 pm

NeeKnight wrote:
Leon Mane wrote:It's hard to predict how things would change had Feral taken the offer, but one thing to think about, Feral had a grudging respect for the SWAT Kats, considering they were able to get things done, even if they did make the Enforcers look less competent by comparison. I think if he did take them up, he'd have lived up to his word, but the Enforcers outside of the crater, in their jets and tanks, would have run them over, or just blown them apart, and thus, Feral would have kept his word, and the Metallikats would still be neutralized as a threat. Knowing the identities of the SWAT Kats, he'd no doubt realize that they were still doing a service for the city, and now knowing how resourceful they truly are, he'd probably stop by and tell them that they'd have a choice between going to prison, or return to the Enforcers after helping build, or at least design, a mass production Turbokat. Feral may have an axe to grind, but he's not stupid, and he'd realize how useful the SWAT Kats would be as Enforcers, not to mention the boost to morale it would provide.
That really would be an interesting concept to see Chance and Jake return to the enforcers with who they are revealed, having to readjust what they do to a form of stucture and paper work they left behind when leaving the Enforcers. Of course they would first have to have a pardon for all their "Crimes" during their SWAT Kat days and they would have to agree to being held accountable for any future damage they cause.
Or Feral would put them in jail for their crimes
0 x

NightSlayer2
Resident
Canada

Post by NightSlayer2 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:38 pm

I made up a character named Theia Feral. She's an FBI agent and similar to Ulysses except dishonorable. She would definitely take up the Metallikats on their offer and then use the neuroneutralizer on them.
0 x