What if a villain was redeemed?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: What if a villain was redeemed?

Post by Kooshmeister » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:40 am

The storyboards weren't much help, either. Not very many side notes. So again it just seems like Greenbox's insanity springs from nowhere in particular and how we're meant to interpret his demeanor after he's been separated from Zed doesn't seem to have a behind the scenes answer.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

stancymckatt
Resident
United States of America

Post by stancymckatt » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:05 pm

It seems up in the air enough that Dr Greenbox could go either way. (At least in a fanfic situation.) He gets caught up in how is invention works something beyond his wildest dreams with all the adrenaline and excitement. In the show they might have used greenbox a a revenge on the swat kats villian... but there's already hard drive, so?

Greenbox is guilty of not building in safety features to stop Zed 'just in case' because he didn't expect Zed to grow so fast. ( What made me think of it is the Sims 3 programmers didn't build in a max FPS limit... It will burn up newer video cards.) So unintended consequences turn Zed into basically a Virus with attitude.

He's not thinking everything through. I get that he doesn't want to destroy his creation because of the vast potential . He falls in love with it, for lack of a better way to put it. So Zed, not wanting to quit either, plays Greenbox like a fiddle. If I'm understanding what you posted? So he can get what he (zed) thinks he wants. Sounds childlike to me.

One of the unwritten rules of being a maker is don't fall in love with your creations. It will come back to bite you somehow. MKIcon

Thank you taking the time out to look it up Kooshmeister BroFistIcon
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:03 am
I don't buy that there was ever much of anything good in Viper when he was Purvis, and I like the character!
You sure know how to pick 'em, Koosh. ViperLaughCait
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:23 pm

stancymckatt wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:05 pm
Greenbox is guilty of not building in safety features to stop Zed 'just in case' because he didn't expect Zed to grow so fast.
To be fair, safety features for what? He never intended his repair device to ever come sentient. It had, at best, a very rudimentary analysis and repair A.I.
stancymckatt wrote:
One of the unwritten rules of being a maker is don't fall in love with your creations. It will come back to bite you somehow. MKIcon
Zyme is one scientist in the show who didn't, not really; he was proud of the Viper Mutagen but pretty much rejected it the second it became obvious it was flawed. And the poor guy still ended up being destroyed by his creation...'s creation. Though he did show some hubris when he tempted fate by declaring the windows unbreakable.

ZymeIcon "'Practically indestructible,' my left foot! That armored glass salesman sure took me for a ride!"
stancymckatt wrote:
Thank you taking the time out to look it up Kooshmeister BroFistIcon
No problem! And consulting the script and storyboards also gave rise to some interesting theories about Zed (or "ZED" as his name is consistently rendered in the former) which I shared in the Dr. Viper's Lab server on Discord and will re-post in the Unlikely Alloys thread.
marklungo wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:33 pm
You sure know how to pick 'em, Koosh. ViperLaughCait
I love my bad boys. ViperLaughCait

Hmm. What about Street? Though he's less a villain and more some poor sap who got taken over by the alien hive mind. And boy oh boy did he come to a bad end ultimately (Viper, you naughty, naughty boy). But, assuming The Doctors of Doom isn't canon, how would you guys redeem/fix Street (and the other surviving converted kats)? Obviously, in my fan rewrite, I opted for a tragic end for the brainwashed Doctor (as Mark would say, "the Koosh giveth and the Koosh taketh away" - though in my defense I spared Gray Taylor and the others), but I'd interested to see what other people would do with him.

What's interesting is how both The Ci-Kat-A and the outline for Doctors of Doom treat being bitten as being effectively a death sentence. Nobody ever even suggests curing the converted kats. Street, the MASA guards and the Enforcer pilots are all written off as hopeless cases and either killed without a second thought or knocked unconscious and forgotten about. Ditto Taylor and the convicts (though that had more to do with Viper's treachery than any lack of caring on the good guys' part). In any event, the fact the possibility of curing them never even comes up in either story is significant.

Does this mean there is no cure? Definitely something to ask Glenn Leopold the next time it becomes possible to do so. cikataicon
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)