Are there any unusual episode concepts you've had?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: Are there any unusual episode concepts you've had?

Post by marklungo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Drink Holy Milk wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:11 am
One idea that I had for an episode was that Dark Kat lures the SWAT Kats to a trap and the puts them under mind control to make them do evil things for him. This ruins the reputation of the SWAT Kats and gets them arrested. Commander Feral unmasks them and puts them in jail. When Chance and Jake wake up from the hypnosis, they are in jail while the city is in ruins.
Didn't he and Hard Drive already try something similar in "Night of the Dark Kat"?
0 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Dr. Ascara
Resident
Belarus

Post by Dr. Ascara » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:19 am

Having read so many articles about the story of the show cancellation I thought about the episode breaking in some manner the fourth wall. Let's call it "The end(?)".
The bumper of the episode with a bit low pitched sound (that's important).
The first scene. General view of the city. The town hall clock booms out eight hours. The clock itself is shown in the last two booms.
It is an average Saturday, the 24th of December 1994 (actually the date of the last full episode). There are some background sounds like howling of the wind or noises of the started car somewhere in the junkyard or simply some music. Jake looks at the quarterly calendar and says how peaceful the current day is. No one is attacking the MegaKat city. Finally, the citizens have some rest. Chance, watching the Scaredy-Kat show, growls that in recent times everything is even too peaceful.
Any sounds (as well as the TV) interrupt too shortly like if someone pressed "Stop". Chance tries to repair the TV in his manner (idem by hitting it with fist) but Jake stops him. Something is wrong. There are no more any sounds at all (besides their voices). They go out of the garage and see some blank splash in the sky with ragged edges growing up little by little and decolorating everything around it. Then the decolored parts of the background become only contours and finally disappear at all. This whole process is going very slowly but still does.
For instance, the TV remains working with the iconic "this is Ann Gora of Kat's Eye News" speaking with a bit apathetic voice. She says that based on a trusted source it is known that MegaKat city is living its last hours of existence. "Let me exhibit some proof" she continues and plays a tape-record with two male voices:
-I don't know, there is too much violence. We have something much better to offer, don't we?
-But the ratings, Ted! Look at those graphics! According to them...
-So what? The Parent's council will tear it to bits in no time!
-...Give it the last chance. Only one more episode about the MegaKats city.
-If you insist. One more episode. If it fails then...
"interfering noises"
During the final words, we see the protagonists staying before the TV. The display is shown where Ann Gora runs out scared of the frame and the telecasting studio also becomes decolored contours. No more sound. Finally, the TV display becomes blank. Bewildered, but not frightened Jake and Chance decide to look around the city in the Turbokat. Getting on the board they are supposing which villain can be this time:
-May be Hard Drive? The TV and broadcasting system has wires...
-But the sky! Maybe Pastmaster?
During the flight, they notice there are no civilians in the streets. They are empty. And still no background sounds. The Turbokat passes the Enforcers HQ which is already decolored. Behind the building, there are only general drafts of the city like drawn by a pencil on a clean paper. Is Feral gone or still alive? The only thing the heroes can do is visiting mayor Manx and Callie (if they didn't vanish yet).
Both of them are alive but their company is mind boggling: Dark Kat, doctor Viper, Pastmaster (I have chosen them because they wanted to own the city itself, not some material goods) and Feral. Yes, it's too early to get rid of him.
-Glad to see you again, SWAT Kats, - Dark Kat says.
-What the ... is going on here? - T-Bone asks.
-Thisss time we have to unite our forcesss - doctor Viper interferes approaching the protagonists. - The cccity is vanishing because our creatorssss think we have a too violent world to exisssst.
-We are given with the last chance to persuade that we actually deserve to.. be - Callie Briggs says in a constrained voice.
-Is everything so despair that we are allies now with our rivals? - Razor seems to be calmer than dazed T-Bone.
-Haven't you heard the news report? - Feral also takes part. - The last report of Ann Gora. This episode is already going on. Right now.
-I don't want to die, Callie! - Manx shouts as usual. Such a coward comparing to others.
-I would have never joined you, but my timeline perished before yours. - Pastmaster says angrily. - I lost Callista forever.
During this conversation the clock booms out ten hours. Every next boom is more and more low pitched. The blankness approaches the city hall. Callie looks out the window and sighs:
-This time no one will save us, even you, SWAT Kats.
-As I don't have any city to conquer I must say I had much pleasure fighting with you, - Dark Kats also looks at the window. - Our story has no winners.
T-Bone and Razor exchange looks.
-Guess it is our last case, buddy - T-Bone says. - I don't know why our mysterious creators destroy our world, but we have nothing to regret.
-We will end our lifepath together... T-Bone. - Razor looks to be a bit more emotional.
-I, I just can't wait like that! There should be a route of escape! - mayor Manx runs toward the door and opens it. The blankness has immersed the corridor. He steps back and trembles.
The ring of blankness is surrounding the characters. First decoloring, then simple contours, then white nothing.
-The creators have forgotten who I am - triumphally yells Pastmaster. - Now that we know what is going to happen we will meet the episode prepared!
-What do you mean, Pastmaster? - T-Bone turns to him.
-I mean salvation! - Pastmaster takes out his watches and gets them over the head. Everyone clung close to each other look at them. The blankness practically reached them.
Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock. The watches gather speed. We see all the scenes being boosted and going backward. The scene fades out.
Once again the bumper of the episode appears. The music plays normally this time.
Once again the general view of the city. Once again the clock booms eight hours. The door to the mayor Manx office opens.
-Just at the time, - Callie Briggs smiles and lets the SWAT Kats enter. The whole team is already assembled.
-Let'sss start discusssing - doctor Viper hisses.
The final scene of the episode: the camera rises above the city hall and shows a very little white splash behind the city panorama.
4 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:11 pm

Dr. Ascara wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:19 am
snip
That reminds me of the "final" episode of The Big O. :P

And I think you've given me another idea, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. It's late where I'm at. SighingChanceIcon
1 x

EditorElohim
Just Moved In
Paraguay

Post by EditorElohim » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:22 pm

Well... I have many, although the vast majority would be multicrossovers, like a version of The Ridonculous Race with several of my favorite characters, an episode where they team up with the Totally Spies! or another where Jake and Chance run into the magic school bus.

But if I had to focus on something simpler, it would be on two ideas derived from a fic I made of Digimon Adventure nine years ago.

1) Parody the series, showing its defects, irregularities and breaking the fourth wall.
2) Use the psychologist's resource to surface unpublished facts about the characters.

It would be like that:

1) Parody each chapter of the series, or...

2) That a character who is a psychologist or psychiatrist -whether from another universe, or the same one- appears and decides to submit ALL the characters to therapy, putting them in hilarious and almost humiliating situations while we discover that...
Spoiler:
1) Jake has a complex about his height.
2) Chance has the dark secret... that he is a fan of Sailor Moon.
3) Feral is afraid of his brother.
4) Felina always wanted to be a ballerina or an astronaut, but her father wouldn't let her. And she hates it.
5) Manx hates being mayor of Megakat City and wants to move to his native Scotland -or Ireland?- but nobody wants his job.
6) Callie deep down wants to kill Manx because of how he denigrates her, and has sadistic fantasies torturing him, but she has to repress him. HalCallie
7) Abby Sinnian falsified her thesis to become an archaeologist and is afraid of being discovered. SinianThisCait
8) Hackle is a die-hard fan of violent video games like Mortal Kombat, but he fears it will ruin his reputation as a pacifist.
9) Steel is gifted, but he doesn't want to show it, he's in love with Felina and he's a friend of Hard Drive.
10) Ann is in love with T-Bone even though she threw him into a lava pit.
11) Johnny eats the... -claws?- as a nervous tic to everything that suffers. And he demands a raise.
12) Henson is in love with Dr. Sinnian... while Randall is in love with... Henson.
13) Mac and Molly want to go back to being flesh and blood to satisfy certain... needs. TurmoilIcon
14) Hard Drive wants to kill Dark Kat, is a friend of Steel, and wants to be a Swat Kat because deep down he is his fan.
15) Viper suffers from a severe case of Phytophilia, to the extent that he defines himself as "ecosexual".
16) PastMaster suffers from Peter Pan syndrome and doesn't want to grow up.
17) Turmoil has a similar obsession with T-Bone as Helga Pataki has with Arnold... nothing more to say.
18) Dark Kat considers retiring from the life of crime because living in Megakat -and losing constantly- bores him, and he wants to start a business of... event organizer.
1 x

Dr. Ascara
Resident
Belarus

Post by Dr. Ascara » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Rusakov wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:11 pm
And I think you've given me another idea, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. It's late where I'm at. SighingChanceIcon
I will read it with pleasure. RazorHappyCait
0 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:32 pm

Dr. Ascara wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:27 pm
I totally forgot what it was the day after. I thought of it when it was too close to bed time. x_x
0 x

Dr. Ascara
Resident
Belarus

Post by Dr. Ascara » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Rusakov wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:32 pm
Dr. Ascara wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:27 pm
I totally forgot what it was the day after. I thought of it when it was too close to bed time. x_x
"looking in the dictionary" Stuff happens. No problem :)
1 x