Could the Enforcers have mechanically augmented units?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Could the Enforcers have mechanically augmented units?

Post by Mikazo » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Was playing Deus Ex recently. I wondered idly if the Enforcers would ever experiment with outfitting some of their units with high-tech augmentations, such as the ones used by the MJ-12 commando in the game. This sort of thing could be the result of very advanced top-secret military research conducted to find new ways to combat Megakat City's enemies, and these units could possibly rival the Swat Kats in terms of their effectiveness. Might be a good idea for an art challenge too!

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/MJ-12_Commando
Last edited by Mikazo on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Re: Could the enforcers have Deus Ex-style commando units?

Post by jesse220 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Sounds like the Enforcers could make new units to put the Swat Kats to their knees. But even if the Enforcer did get Deus Ex-Style commandos, the Swat Kats could still be better than any enforcer unit no mater what. Further more I don't know why the writers would call them commandos, but they should have called them troopers instead of Commando. Maybe they should start a Deus Ex program, or they should leave everything to the swat kats.
0 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: Could the Enforcers have mechanically augmented units?

Post by Poecat » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:44 am

Mikazo wrote:Was playing Deus Ex recently. I wondered idly if the Enforcers would ever experiment with outfitting some of their units with high-tech augmentations, such as the ones used by the MJ-12 commando in the game. This sort of thing could be the result of very advanced top-secret military research conducted to find new ways to combat Megakat City's enemies, and these units could possibly rival the Swat Kats in terms of their effectiveness. Might be a good idea for an art challenge too!

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/MJ-12_Commando
That would be a neat art challenge indeed. I always liked the idea that the military could be secretly creating super soldiers to combat villains. I have a few super soldiers in my box of OC's XD

Thinking about it... what if Professor Hackle had created some sort of suit like this for the SK's. So they could battle bad guys better. Then something happens to the suit and it takes control. Let's say.... the suit malfunctions and takes over T-bone.... the brute inside wouldn't really want to hurt any one, but the suit hooks up neurologically into the brain and takes over the body. (Kinda like a Doc Oct from the Spidey movie).

Razor is lucky and able to get out of the suit without a malfunction. Then its up to Razor and Professor Hackle to somehow stop that suit/armor without hurting T-bone inside.
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:04 pm

Poecat wrote: That would be a neat art challenge indeed. I always liked the idea that the military could be secretly creating super soldiers to combat villains. I have a few super soldiers in my box of OC's XD

Thinking about it... what if Professor Hackle had created some sort of suit like this for the SK's. So they could battle bad guys better. Then something happens to the suit and it takes control. Let's say.... the suit malfunctions and takes over T-bone.... the brute inside wouldn't really want to hurt any one, but the suit hooks up neurologically into the brain and takes over the body. (Kinda like a Doc Oct from the Spidey movie).

Razor is lucky and able to get out of the suit without a malfunction. Then its up to Razor and Professor Hackle to somehow stop that suit/armor without hurting T-bone inside.
Those are some pretty good ideas. Or one of the villains (Hard Drive?) could find a way to hack into the suits and control them from a distance. Or maybe the Swat Kats would simply get stuck in them somehow.

"Armor suit, disengage!"
"I'm sorry Razor, I'm afraid I can't do that." XD

BTW, think they'd roll around on wheels like Gizmoduck?

I suppose you could inject some sort of moral to the story, like it's dangerous to mix kat and machine *too* much.
0 x

Casandro
Fandom Veteran
Germany

Post by Casandro » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:32 am

Well seeing the technology that is available, I'd think it would be completely plausible to have cyborgs. Why have a wheel chair when you can just get artificial legs? A possible SWAT-Kat could even swap out the limbs as part of their dress-up change between their identities.
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Post by jesse220 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:20 pm

The swat kats can develop armor better than the enforcers can
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:21 am

Heh one of my OC's was developing an external suit (think Ironman, Gizmoduck, Bubblegum Crisis, etc) for Pumadyne that the Enforcers were wanting to use though she originally created it for construction purposes. Dark Kat ended up getting hold of it instead and had took it over having her use it to commit various thefts when the SWAT Kats came across her.

I can totally see Hackle inventing this, as perhaps an alternative to the Metallikats. Perhaps he felt they were too difficult to stop so to avoid possible corruption, having a flesh and blood kat operating it would keep it from being too indestructible.

Mwhahaha I can see Hard Drive controlling T-Bone. "Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself!" XD
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

Poecat
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Poecat » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:28 am

Felony wrote: Mwhahaha I can see Hard Drive controlling T-Bone. "Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself!" XD
::DIES:: YES! I want to draw this now XD

Mikazo wrote: Those are some pretty good ideas. Or one of the villains (Hard Drive?) could find a way to hack into the suits and control them from a distance. Or maybe the Swat Kats would simply get stuck in them somehow.

"Armor suit, disengage!"
"I'm sorry Razor, I'm afraid I can't do that." XD

BTW, think they'd roll around on wheels like Gizmoduck?

I suppose you could inject some sort of moral to the story, like it's dangerous to mix kat and machine *too* much.
Hard Drive would be the perfect villain to screw with something like this if the SK's or even Enforcers were wearing. And totally like the "Moral of the story" there.
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:45 pm

Hard Drive: "I see what you did wrong, Swat Kats. You got 'bot' out! Bwa ha haha!"

Then he could toy with them like marionettes. XD

Oh! And remember that earlier discussion about which one of the two would win in a fight? Now we'd have an answer to that question too. Hard Drive and Dark Kat could control them via a couple of game controllers, and have them fight each other like the Rock 'em Sock 'em robots.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:05 pm

While I can see Hackle's "no more weapons" rule being bent slightly to make robots for the Enforcers... I dunno. They'd need to be non-lethal. I mean, heck, even Cybertron, for as much as he was designed to help the SWAT Kats, seemed primarily defensive rather than offensive, with his only real "weapon" being the taser cable thing. I think, too, that he'd require a lot of convincing, since robot cops might seem a little too much like robot soldiers to him.
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)