What if Feral took up the Metalikats offer?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

What if Feral took up the Metalikats offer?

Post by AkaneKitty » Sat May 17, 2014 5:46 pm

I've posted this elsewhere, but I think it deserves another run:

What if Feral, in Metal Urgency, took up the Metalikats offer to reveal the identities of the SWAT Kats, but spun it in his favor? He agrees to let them go and makes a big show of deactivating the gun. only that it isn't. The Metalikats spill the beans, Feral says thanks...and zaps them with the gun. What would everyone reactions would be? Sidenote: Did the SKs ever stick around in that episode to make sure the Metalikats didn't say anything?

I'm sure Callie would have huge problem with this, even though that exposes her hypocrisy when it comes to the SKs and Feral even more since she was surprised that Feral didn't take up the Metalikats offer. I would think she should, as deputy mayor, know where Feral would lean in certain situations like this.

Coming back to Callie she'd start questioning why Feral lied and possibly his integrity on how he got the SKs identities. Feral could then state that it's not against the law to lie, and if the Enforcers follow basic American processes, it happens all the time when interrogating suspects. And when it comes to personal integrity, he could rightfully claim how he has to be held to almost an impossible standard yet the SKs get carte Blanche to do what they want, and how she enables it.

Personally I don't think my own opinion about Feral would change if he did this. Now Feral tricking someone completely innocent into giving up the SK's identity? Different story. But I'm probably splitting hairs here.
1 x

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Great Britain

Re: What if Feral took up the Metalikats offer?

Post by NeeKnight » Sat May 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Honestly, I can see your point where sometimes law enforcement has to agree to deals with criminals in cases such as plea bargains and alike. No doubt that happens even in Megakat City however this was always the moment I will remember Feral for because it is the moment when his own personal code was tested. He had the answer to the one question that he seeks to uncover sitting there, just waiting to be heard and he turns a deaf ear to it. While his enforcers might have to make deals, he doesn't.
He always has "tomorrow" to find out who the SWAT Kats are without having to "dirty" that accomplisment by dealing with Mac and Molly. And lets not forget who he'd have to deal with. This couple is amongst the worst Megakat city has ever produced even before they were turned into robots. While we aren't told what they're crimes have amounted to, it's a pretty safe bet they have a high body count, remember their first scene had them blow up a building and we only see one kat make it out alive >_>
Yes he could have lied to them till he got what he wanted but he would have had to live with knowing he turned his back on what he personally believes in for something he could have found out through other means. Feral might be an enforcer but he has his own code and it adds so much to his character that he sticks to it.

That's how I look at it personally ^^
1 x

Rai_Pager
Just Moved In
United States of America

Post by Rai_Pager » Sat May 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Just THINKING about that...*holds her head* @_@ Feral did scare me when he went quiet those few seconds after the Metallikats made that offer.
1 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Sun May 18, 2014 11:15 am

If Feral did take them up on their deal, that would change my opinion on him in a negative way. Feral, despite his arrogance, seems like a noble honorable man. He believes in hard work and dedicates himself to the task of protecting Megakat City. To accept their help would be taking the easy way out, which is what Nee above said and I agree.

Also there's the fact that the Metallikats would most likely not tell him the SK's identities right then and there. They'd want to make sure their end of the deal was being held up. Of course it could go that Feral demands they say or they get blasted right there... That scenario could go a few different ways really.

Another reason this would change my opinion of him is that Feral rarely accepted the SWAT Kats help. It was only reluctantly after the fact. He never wanted their interference in anything. If he got such valuable information from two horrible criminals, it would show me that he is willing to take help from criminals before taking it from the SWAT Kats. That is a path that would possibly lead to other shady choices and I think Feral works better as a good "cop", not a corrupt one.

As for the sidenote of the SKs sticking around or not, more than likely they contacted Hackle soon after the event to check on their whereabouts... unless they were called in as Jake and Chance to clean up XD like they have in the past.
1 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Mon May 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Sidenote: Did the SKs ever stick around in that episode to make sure the Metalikats didn't say anything?
Since Callie witnessed the whole event it's highly probable she informed the SWAT Kats shortly thereafter about what happened...or is it? If the SWAT Kats knew that Feral had the opportunity to discover their secret identities but instead chose to exercise character and act honorably would that change their opinion of him? Is there any evidence in future episodes that suggests this occurred?

Or, would Callie only tell the SWAT Kats just what they needed to know (that the Neural Neutralizer was successfully used), and leave out the details about Feral turning down the Metallikats' offer?
1 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Post by jesse220 » Mon May 19, 2014 5:38 pm

But if the they told Feral how the swat kats really are, Feral would have them executed for their so called crimes against the Enforcers and Feral would use the turbokat along with other gadgets the swat kats made into Enforcer use. And I believe that Feral is a bad person.
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Mon May 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Most of us are aware of your opinion of Feral, Jesse, but nobody believes he is that horrible a person to want to execute the SWAT Kats. Please don't start that argument here ok? ^^; Maybe an alternate Dark DARK Feral would, but not the normal one.
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination
United States of America

Post by LowdogCraft » Mon May 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Felony wrote:Most of us are aware of your opinion of Feral, Jesse, but nobody believes he is that horrible a person to want to execute the SWAT Kats. Please don't start that argument here ok? ^^; Maybe an alternate Dark DARK Feral would, but not the normal one.
A lightbulb in my head just went off, as I have an amazing idea for an episode if the show ever gets rebooted in any way.
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Writer, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
also i'm bi
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."
Icon by @menacing-marshmallow on Tumblr

thelastmemory
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by thelastmemory » Mon May 19, 2014 9:54 pm

I think if Feral did that it would change the show in interesting ways.
0 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Mon May 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Felony wrote:Maybe an alternate Dark DARK Feral would, but not the normal one.
How dark? What if he were so dark you could shine a flashlight at him and not see any light reflected back?
0 x