What if SWAT Kats would be crossed with GTA?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
Mr. Goodkat
Long-Term Resident
Germany

What if SWAT Kats would be crossed with GTA?

Post by Mr. Goodkat » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:29 pm

Well, I guess it would be looking like this:
GTAMegakatCity.jpg
GTA: Megakat City
I woke up with that stupid What if idea in my mind this morning and sat down until late afternoon to assemble this. I think, I really should get a life and do something useful while I'm on vacation instead of wasting my time. :lol:

I even had some ideas what jobs the kat you're playing would have to do for Dr. Purvis, Katscratch, Fango, Hard Drive, Professor Hackle and Mayor Manx and how they would actually lead to some of the disasters in Megakat City in long-term. :lol: Maybe I post them later, but now I'm too tired for this.

I deliberately didn't add the SWAT Kats and the main villains except Dr. Viper (as Dr. Purvis) in this image as I assume that you would be a small time criminal who deals with "normal" kats most of the time.

Examples for the Wanted-Levels: if you reach Level 4, Feral is gonna call for chopper backup and if you reach Level 5 then the SWAT Kats are on your tail. Let's see how long you gonna last until a Slicer Missile is cutting your car into pieces and you get caught in a net. For some weird reason the Wanted-Level is set to 5 immediately when you try to break into the scrap yard in the outskirts of Megakat City. :mrgreen:

The sources:
  • The background and the Turbokat are from the Season 1 Intro
  • All characters except Dr. Purvis and Hard Drive are from the episode The Metallikats
  • Dr. Purvis is from the episode The Origin of Dr. Viper
  • Hard Drive is from the episode The Night of the Dark Kat
  • The GTA-Logo was made by using the Pricedown font (it's not the original logo!)
  • The Megakat City-Logo was made by using the Pirulen font
  • The idea was fueled by a poster of GTA3 (link)
So, what do you think of this What if?
2 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: What if SWAT Kats would be crossed with GTA?

Post by MoDaD » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:27 pm

That's definitely an interesting idea from a visual / art perspective, one that an artist on this board may find as inspiration. Though it's done for nearly everything, I've always liked how artists will take the box art for the series and incorporate it into other things:

And my personal favorites:

I like the ensemble you've done - if I had more time I'd try to make an old PS2 box style and try to work it in just for fun :D

Now, as for the game itself, it'd be neat to see something like that. I remember renting The X-Files: Resist or Serve a long time ago, and it was essentially just a re-skinned Grand Theft Auto game (pretty sure it used the same engine - though the game as not very good).

You can pretty much just use that whole GTA format and as long as the story and whatever added mechanics are tossed in it can be good (thinking Bully and Arkham City off the top of my head, though I haven't played a video game in almost two years now).
1 x

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Post by Cait » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:05 pm

It would be a good game, that's for sure xD
Mr. Goodkat wrote: Examples for the Wanted-Levels: if you reach Level 4, Feral is gonna call for chopper backup and if you reach Level 5 then the SWAT Kats are on your tail. Let's see how long you gonna last until a Slicer Missile is cutting your car into pieces and you get caught in a net. For some weird reason the Wanted-Level is set to 5 immediately when you try to break into the scrap yard in the outskirts of Megakat City. :mrgreen:
This made my day xD
0 x

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination
United States of America

Post by LowdogCraft » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:12 pm

I would LOVE that idea! GTA San Andreas is pretty easily mod-able, as well as GTA IV. Maybe some brave soul in the world could model T-Bone and Razor character models for it. :D But not me. I can't model at all. XD Given the right tools, I could probably make a PS2-style cover. It would just take some time.
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Writer, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
also i'm bi
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."
Icon by @menacing-marshmallow on Tumblr

Darker
Resident
Spain

Post by Darker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:53 pm

That'd be crazy.
Most violent version of the SWAT Kats ever.
0 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Post by Cait » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Darker wrote:That'd be crazy.
Most violent version of the SWAT Kats ever.
I doesn't need to contain sex, drugs or deaths to be something like that xD Just remember "The Simpsons: Hit & Run". Well done, I'm sure it'll be an incredible low age rated game with no violent at all :3 Aside of that, yeah, it would be crazy... Crazily funny! <*_*>
1 x

Darker
Resident
Spain

Post by Darker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Then it would be awesome.
0 x
It feels so good to be bad!
Click above & enjoy

Klawson97
Just Moved In
United States of America

Post by Klawson97 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:41 pm

It'd be fairly easy to just port some existing 3D-models into the game, unfortunately I don't have the time for that...
0 x