WHAT IF: T-Bone & Razor were against one another.

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
Poecat
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

WHAT IF: T-Bone & Razor were against one another.

Post by Poecat » Thu May 29, 2014 7:18 am

I am going to start posting something like this up once a month for some fun.

So tell me... If T-bone and Razor were to battle one another... who would win? But lets get more into that. Don't just give me the answer as to who wins. Also give me the why. Why would T-bone / Razor win over the other?

And hey... while we are at it.... use your imagination and tell me WHY Razor and T-bone are battling? Is it because one got tired of the other? Did Dark Kat pit them against one another? Basically, don't give me the short answer... lets make this fun ;3

And if you are an artist? >:3 Draw what you submit here and then post it in the Art Forum. Oooo, lets get those creative juices flowing, eh?
0 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Re: WHAT IF: T-Bone & Razor were against one another.

Post by Ty-Chou » Thu May 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Oh man, perfect time to add this sketch. When I see this, I can hear "Ready, FIGHT!" in my head. I think it is more interesting to think about WHY the two would be fighting each other instead of who would win. It would really take a lot to make these two take opposite sides. In Mutation City, we did -sort of- see the two face off when T-Bone was mutated and the fight didn't last long. Granted, T-Bone wasn't at full mental capacity at the time, but I think I'd still put my money on Razor for the win.

0 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Poecat » Thu May 29, 2014 8:00 pm

Haha, sweet pic. I'm still thinking on my theory. X3
0 x

thelastmemory
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by thelastmemory » Thu May 29, 2014 10:15 pm

This just gave me a great idea for a short comic. :D
Honestly though, in a fight its a tough call. Razor is fast and clever, but T-bone has strength. The closest we ever got to this in the show was in Cry Turmoil and Mutation City. In CT though it was just an act in order to get Turmoil's guard down. In Mutation, T-bone wasn't himself. It would be interesting to see these two actually fight each other though.
Nice sketch, Ty-chou!
0 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Thu May 29, 2014 11:41 pm

The only reason I could think of where T-Bone and Razor would legitimately come to blows, sans any sort of mind control, trickery or other shenanigans, would be if Callie Briggs was either killed or gravely injured due to their inability to save her from danger. The situation would have to somehow place the responsibility on the SWAT Kats' shoulders (or at least they'd have to see it that way), and something unique to each of them would have to be at fault (T-Bone's not piloting at his best or one of Razor's gadgets malfunctions, for instance).

I wouldn't expect it to instantly make them fight, but be the wedge that slowly starts to divide them, like a pot of water slowly boiling until it overflows, at which point other things may start to come up. Maybe Jake blames Chance for him getting kicked off the force, or maybe Chance blames Jake for not being tough enough to handle the job, or maybe Jake feels his talents aren't fully appreciated/being wasted, or maybe Chance feels like Jake is holding him back.

At this point it'd be pretty personal, and I don't think either of them would hold back. I don't think they'd ever try to purposefully kill each other, but it could accidentally happen (fights can be deadly). As to who would "win," it's hard to say (they train together religiously, so they know each other's strengths and weaknesses pretty well).

I'd have to say T-Bone would win, just judging by his passion and strength (I was always impressed with his performance against Zed/Greenbox in the finale of Unlikely Alloys), which this kind of emotionally-driven altercation would favor.
0 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Ty-Chou » Fri May 30, 2014 1:02 am

MoDad! The second you mentioned Callie, I could see it! If something happened to Callie, especially if it happened because they failed to protect her, I could see both of them starting to fall apart and eventually coming to blows.

Though it wouldn't be an attempt to kill one another or to even best the other in battle. It would be frustration and heart ache, just wanting to punch something, fight with something, blame something else. But the fight probably wouldn't end until one of them had "won" the fight by pinning or knocking the other down for good.

Or, I can see the Dark Swat Kats getting into real blows with each other quite easily. I like to think they have similar fighting skill levels as their good counterparts. That fight just might end up with one dead. And I do think in a death match, Dark T-Bone just might be the one barely making it out alive unless Dark Razor pulled out something very sneaky and dropped Dark T-Bone with a quick, final blow.
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Fri May 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Dark Kat would win, because there would be one less SWAT Kat or both would be gone or at least too injured to stop him. Mwhahahahaha! ^www^

Seriously though, as others have said, this is a tough one. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. It could go either way. A lot would depend on the reason(s) they fought, where they are, if they are using their equipment against one another, etc.

More than likely they have gotten angry at one another before. Even best friends have their disagreements. I'd imagine they've butted heads on various things like the Turbokat's design, whether or not to give Callie (and Hackle) means to contact them, to maybe even what to call themselves. I'd really like to have seen the early days after that day both decided to do things their way. As for a more serious and fierce battle, I like the ideas some have given above and I feel that whatever it is, they wouldn't be out to kill one another but to prove a point or win an argument over something major.

Also, wicked cool sketch, Ty-Chou!
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

LowdogCraft
Filled with Determination
United States of America

Post by LowdogCraft » Sat May 31, 2014 9:51 am

You know, I would make a sketch here, but I am not THAT good at drawing. All I can really draw is circles with arms, legs, clothes and facial features. It would kind of suck.

As for why T-Bone and Razor would fight, well, that's actually pretty hard to say. They're best friends, almost like brothers. I guess the way they would start a fight would be because something goes corrupt in either T-Bone or Razor's mind, possibly from something that Dr. Viper or Dark Kat did. This would make either T-Bone or Razor go crazy and actually attempt to kill one another. If this was an actual episode that happens, I think it would end with T-Bone or Razor getting a hold of themselves and stop fighting in the middle of the fight.

Who would win? It's a tough call. T-Bone's got all the strength, but as we know, in the episode "The Dark Side of the SWAT Kats", Razor practically threw the evil T-bone across the room they were in. Plus, Razor is smarter, meaning he could outsmart T-Bone, as well. Both are pretty agile, and T-Bone's got the passion and stamina to keep on fighting. Overall, I would say T-Bone would win.
0 x
~Lowdog002
Artist, Musician, Writer, Gamer and
LGBTQ+ Supporter
also i'm bi
"Knowing the mouse might one day leave its hole and get the cheese... It fills you with determination."
Icon by @menacing-marshmallow on Tumblr

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Great Britain

Post by NeeKnight » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:04 am

All great suggestions so far, I love reading What Ifs like this. :D My Personal thoughts on this all come down to one counter question: Would they fight hand to hand or with weapons?

My personal thoughts have always been leaning towards T-Bone winning in a straight out and out fight with none of the fancy gadgets.
If we look at their backgrounds and from watch is seen on the show, they are both have some martial arts training where both have reached the grade of black belt (Which degree of black belt we don't know so I am assuming they are at an even standard) and they likely have the standard enforcer combat training. So if we take all that to mean they're fighting knoweledge is the same, we will have to look at their physical body types to get a victor.
While we love stories about the smaller guy taking out the bigger guy, that isn't often how it works out in the real world. Razor is lighter, quicker and more agile but T-Bone is larger with more leverage, stronger, more protected by muscle mass and has equal if not better reflexes than Razor due to how he knows how to react in aerial combat. Razor would need to always keep moving because if T-Bone caught him once, with a grapple or even a well placed kick to the back of the knee, T-Bone would then be in control of the fight and not let Razor get back up to speed.

If we were to allow gadgets, it would be safe to say "SureShot" Razor would get the upper hand and keep it till he came out on top. He knows what the gadgets limitations are, as he is the one who designs all the wonderful toys they use in the show ^^ Who knows, maybe Razor has planned for this. Fearing one day he'd have to take on T-Bone due to some Viper/Dark Kat Mind Control plot, so keeps a few gadgets hidden away that T-Bone doesn't know about so Razor can get the upper hand? He could keep his distance and taking out the bigger SWAT Kat with Range Attacks.

As for why they would fight? I don't know. With these two, you always want to see them as the heros who wouldn't let something petty get to them as they are buddies and know each other well enough to deal with expected behaviour. Love they say makes fools of us all, so I guess they could fight over the affections of a shekat but it's a trope that is over played and treats a woman as a prize rather than an three dimensional character with their own thoughts and feelings. Perhaps a plot by a villian to control the minds of our heros, but then there are little in the way of stakes as nothing changes afterwards, no character progession as it was someone else's fault.
Although I could see the wear of living in a Salvage Yard maybe getting too much for one or the both of them as their lives press on. They are paying off a great debt so won't have much personal money, they can't bring anyone back there because of their super hero lair is there plus who wants to go back to a junk yard? Maybe they start to play the blame game over why they are stuck there which would boil over in to a fight...
0 x

Storm19952112
Just Moved In
United States of America

Post by Storm19952112 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:17 am

I can imagine the Mortal Kombat theme song playing in the back ground and I'd say Razor because he has Sel-Confedence and that is your bread and butter when people think you can't do it. :D ;)
0 x