Other cities/nations in the katworld - what have you come up with?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
LadyStormcrow
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Other cities/nations in the katworld - what have you come up with?

Post by LadyStormcrow » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:42 pm

As the title says, what are some of the other cities and countries in the SWAT Kats universe that you've come up with in your fanworks? I haven't seen a thread specifically about this topic, so I thought it might be fun for us all to share and compare with each other.

For my own stuff, I picture Megakat as an independent nation-state, with Megakat City as the capital. Other independent nations I've come up with so far (and their real-world equivalents):

The Fionnaidh Islands (Gaelic for "fur") = the UK (where the Manx family and Dr. Sinian are from).
Luchsreich ("lynx empire") = Germany (where the Red Lynx and Prof. Hackle are from).
Myaustrana ("meow nation/country") = Russia (where Turmoil is from).
Ailuropolis ("cat city") = Greece (where my OC Atropos is from).
Khahtul-Bahr (Hebrew for "cat oasis/dwelling") = Israel (where my OC Miriam is from).
4 x
When there is no more room in Hell, the dead shall party on the Internet.

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: Other cities/nations in the katworld - what have you come up with?

Post by Prettyshadowj26 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:48 am

Nyanko (Japan) I've noticed that in episode 17 Razor's Edge there's a Ninja Kats who work for Dark Kat DarkKatIcon So I've figured they from Japan
5 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:03 am

LadyStormcrow wrote:Luchsreich ("lynx empire") = Germany (where the Red Lynx and Prof. Hackle are from).
I also came up with a Germanic country, and I also made it the one the Red Lynx and Hackle are from, but didn't have a name for it. To date it's the only foreign country I've actually created or alluded to besides wherever the Siamese come from.

As per what we discussed, my "Luchsreich" is still ruled by a hereditary monarchy well into the modern day. Technologically and culturally they're not as advanced as Megakat City's country (even with the revelation that Manx and Feral have the authority to launch surface-to-orbit missiles, I'm convinced Megakat City is just one city in a country as opposed to a country itself), but they're still fairly advanced and are the second-largest economic power in the kat world's equivalent of Europe. They are a major exporter of crude oil, and it's rumored, but unproven, that their geneticists created the sea monsters which were sinking KatCo tankers - KatCo being a major competitor of theirs. This is untrue; the monsters are naturally occurring deep sea creatures.

They were also blamed in political circles for Morbulus' attacks against Megakat City's refineries; Megakat City, after all, refines much of their country's crude oil into gasoline. This was also untrue. Morbulus was simply an extortionist who demanded money in exchange for sparing the refineries from destruction. But Commander Feral persuaded Manx not to pay, insisting that it would only encourage further extortion. Morbulus made good on his threats.

The currently reigning king wants to get his grubby mitts on Professor Hackle's juicy, juicy brain, envisioning an army of robots after seeing news reports from overseas about the Metallikats, the Macro-Bots, Zed, etc. (he's under the mistaken impression Hackle created Zed instead of Greenbox), and is very eager for the Professor to "come home" and make his vision a reality. His son, Prince Molasar, considers this a folly, and remains unconvinced of a robotic army's supremacy. This is an intentional inversion on my part of the usual scenario in which it is the younger, more headstrong villain who wants to buck tradition, and the older, more experienced villain wishing to keep things as they are.
Prettyshadowj26 wrote:Nyanko (Japan) I've noticed that in episode 17 Razor's Edge there's a Ninja Kats who work for Dark Kat DarkKatIcon So I've figured they from Japan
As it turns out, those guys aren't ninjas, though, despite the stereotypical "Orient" type theme they're given. Or at least they're not called ninjas. Their official name is "Dark Kat's Kommando-Kats." DarkKatIcon
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Great Britain

Post by NeeKnight » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:42 am

Well in RPs I have a few outta towners so I have come with a few basic names over the course of several RPs. And I have to admit, it is very basic in some places X3 Mostly lazy and forced puns Madkatlaughing

Firstly, my own homeland of the Unitied Katdom, the collection of countries know as Great Kitain I would have my Cameron/F2 character come from Liondon. There are other puns I've used in passing such as: Whiskor Castle instead of Winstor Castle / Purrkingham Palace rather than Buckingham Palace / Saberhenge as a replacement for Stonehenge cause I would think the kats would equate the stoneage to a SaberAge when kats had bigger teeth ^^
Sadly I could never come up with a pun for England KittyEyesChanceIcon

There are also other places in other parts of the world... New Pawleans, Mew York, MegaKat's twin city in Germany called UberKatze City and so on ^^
7 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:38 am

NeeKnight, those kat puns are all truly horrendous. I'm impressed! MadkatUpIcon And this is from someone who was once proud of himself for coming up with "Elvis Katstello".

P.S. On a related note: The Enforcers really should have been called the Law Enforcement Officers. That's a real missed opportunity, IMHO.
5 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:18 pm

Well, not everything in the show is a cat-related pun, or a pun at all.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Mikazo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:51 pm

NeeKnight wrote:Well in RPs I have a few outta towners so I have come with a few basic names over the course of several RPs. And I have to admit, it is very basic in some places X3 Mostly lazy and forced puns Madkatlaughing
Hey, that's the spirit! I like these. :lol:
Kooshmeister wrote:Well, not everything in the show is a cat-related pun, or a pun at all.
Perhaps not. But the more the meowier, right? :)
4 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Ty-Chou » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:17 pm

I've always seen Megakat City as just that, a city. Part of a larger state and nation and the city itself is kind of a mixture of several cities and areas. New York architecture and skyscrapers with California- esque climate and topography. I am from the Midwest where we have massive, sprawling cities and then nothing but mountains, desert or wilderness for miles in any direction. I see Megakat City akin to that. It feels very much by itself, surrounded by the sea on one side, and desert on the other.

I only have the one fanfic I wrote where Megakat City had a sister city: Purrson Heights. (Not sure how much I like the name these days.) Which is the closest city to Megkat and is about a 40 minute drive away. Purrson Heights has a larger gap between the very wealthy and the very poor. Most of their crime and corruption come from within the politics and the justice system, while Megakat's problems are more external with super villains.

This was never touched on in the fanfic, but Purrson Heights is also referred to as Megakat's "Twin Star" city. It's at a higher altitude than Megakat and on certain nights, the lights from big, bright Megakat City can be seen from Purrson Heights. There is also a strange phenomenon that there is a specific star-like light that can be seen very clearly from far outside Megakat City. It looks as though the light comes from the clock tower. However, the clock tower has no such light in it. When you near Megakat City, the light vanishes and no one has been able to explain the phenomenon.
Last edited by Ty-Chou on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
5 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:38 am

Maybe Megakat City is actually something like whatever Paradigm City was in The Big O. :P
1 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:14 am

There are simple cities I’ve come up with to an entire planet. XD These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. (I’m at work as I type this, waiting for start time.)

Neko Kurai village in Japan
Located at the side of Mt. Fuji, this ancient hidden village is where I had Dark Kat’s ninja kats come from (yes I’m aware now that’s not what they are after the revelations of the studio archives). The village worshipped a demon which Dark Kat had a striking resemblance to. When Dark Kat arrived, they thought he was their Neko Kurai and worshipped him. The legend was the village was constantly under attack from various demons. Neko Kurai came and defeated the others. In exchange for his continued protection, the villagers would serve him and pay tribute. They did so, even naming the village after him. The ninja warriors use a unique form of martial art taught to them by their demon protector. Neko Kurai means Dark Kat in Japanese.

San Degato, Katifornia
The kat world equivalent to San Diego, California. One of Josie’s brothers Leo Lyons Jr. is a professional basketball player and he plays for the San Degato team. I always felt Megakat was in Cali so he wasn’t far from the Lyons family.

Aquarius
Oh boy so this was what I named the planet the Aqueons were from. I’ll have to change the name spelling (or the whole name) given Aqueons aren’t spelled Aquians. XD

Homeworld of Aquarius
Aquarius is a planet a bit smaller than the kat world but not by much. Its surface is 80% water with two large land masses and several islands. These are located on and north of the planet's equator. Most areas are of a normal to tropical climate and see similar weather patterns as the kat world's. Aquarius orbits around a single yellow star like the kat world. An Aquian Year is slightly longer being 387 days. An Aquian day is 26 hours.

Moons of Aquarius
Aquarius has three moons orbiting it. Two small moons named Melli and Fluous and one larger moon named Torrent. (I use a lot of water/liquid words for names. XD)

Nations and Government
There are 5 nations on Aquarius. They are from largest to smallest Leequid, Ocyn. Layke, Pisces and Dryp. Leequid is the largest and oldest of the nations. Most nations are monarchies, some democratic. Because the Aquians are a peaceful bunch (at least since the last of the Ancient Wars), they haven't had a problem with the monarchy system. However, there is a sort of "UN" with all five of the kingdoms and nations called the Assembly of Nations which work to police one another making sure trade is going well, laws are upheld, etc.
5 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony