Other cities/nations in the katworld - what have you come up with?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
EditorElohim
Just Moved In
Paraguay

Re: Other cities/nations in the katworld - what have you come up with?

Post by EditorElohim » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:26 pm

Since I watched the show again, I have seen Megakat as a city and nothing more: not a city-state or a MegaCity One -or Two- of Judge Dredd, but a city that is part of a state or province, and at the same time, of a country of many.

What is clear is that Megakat is a large city -although not so large- in an East Coast style... with a West Coast climate. That it has beaches, desert, mountains, an island off the coast (an analogy to Anacapa Island) ruins that we could call "pre-Columbian" (Katchu Picchu) and a warm, dry climate, makes me think that the city is located in Southern California... assuming it is on Earth.

I have two fics in progress; in one, Megakat is on Earth, specifically, it corresponds to the San Diego of our world. In the other, it is on another planet called Phellus, and for that matter, I invented eight superstates to make it a culturally diverse world.

Here they are:
Spoiler:
Phellus World Congress.

Headquarters: Rothenville. (Freeland, Muricia)
Member States: 8.
Official Languages: 8. Mercian (English), Tiagonese (Spanish), Liorese (French), Berkan (German), Ostovan (Russian), Osmani (Arabic), Mishimese (Japanese), Bhurani (Hindi)

Principal Religions: Yurondan Kassiopeism (Christianity), Osmani Kassiopeism (Islam), Mishimese Kassiopeism (Buddhism), Basteism (Cult of the Goddess Bastet).
Total Population: 5,502,865,116 inhab.

Official Name: Federated States of Muricia.
Human counterpart: (United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Anglo-speaking Caribbean)
Demonym: Murician.
Capital: Bennedictown.
Main cities: Rotherville, Jacobshire, Marin City, Calico Bay, Windsor, Austin, Pantha, Cartier, Springfield, Megakat.
Official language: Mercian.
Area: 20,025,780 km2 (4th)
Population: 422.331.210 inhab. (7th)
Currency: Murician Dollar. ($)
Religion: Yurondan Kassiopeism, Atheism, Agnosticism, Others.
Political division: 40 States and a Federal District.
Political system: Federal Presidential Republic.
Head of State and Government: Pres. Rutherford Mason. (m)

Official Name: Federation of Yuronda.
Human counterpart: (European Union -except the Iberian Peninsula and Southern Italy- and Russia.)
Demonym: Yurondan.
Capital: Charlesbourg.
Main cities: Luthecia, Frederickburg, Tiberopolis, Katheringrad, Cirene.
Official language: Various: Liorese, Berkan, Ostovan, Tiberan (Italian), Others.
Area: 29,850,010 km2 (1st)
Population: 1,098,713,613 inhab. (1st)
Currency: Yurondan Mark. (YM)
Political division: 10 Nation-states.
Political system: Parliamentary Federation.
Head of State: Pres. Giovanni Bustamante. (m)
Head of Government: Chancellor Anne Makrov. (f)

Official Name: Union of Sucretia.
Human counterpart: (Ibero-America, Iberian Peninsula, South of Italy.)
Demonym: Sucretian.
Capital: Novo León.
Main cities: Mérida, Santiago de Kusctlán, Toledo, Santa Gatalina, Cidade Coelho, Marakajá.
Official language: Tiagonese (Spanish), Algavese (Portuguese), Others.
Area: 20,750,900 km2 (3rd)
Population: 604,352,047 inhab. (5th)
Currency: Sucretian Peso. (₱)
Political division: 8 Nation-states.
Political system: Presidential Unitary Republic.
Head of State and Government: Pres. Felipe Silva. (m).

Official Name: Commonwealth of Aoteronesia.
Human counterpart: (Australia, New Zealand, Micronesia, Polynesia, South African Union.)
Demonym: Aoteronesian.
Capital: Botany Bay.
Main cities: Tasman City, Elizabethport, Lamarck, Waititi.
Official language: Mercian, Others.
Area: 8,951,210 km2 (7th)
Population: 150,024,192 inhab. (8th)
Currency: Aoteronesian Pound. (£)
Religion: Yurondan Kassiopeism, Mishimese Kassiopeism, Atheism, Agnosticism, Primitive Religions.
Political division: 12 States.
Political system: Federal Parliamentary Republic.
Head of State and Government: Prime Minister Wallace O’Tailed. (m)

Official Name: Empire of Mishima.
Human counterpart: (Japan, China, Korea, Tibet, Southeast Asia.)
Demonym: Mishimese.
Capital: Katanaga.
Main cities: Juban, Nagata, Khoseon, Xi’ang, Sakuragaoka.
Official language: Mishimese, Celican (Chinese), Others.
Area: 13,879,800 km2 (5th)
Population: 1,053,887,929 inhab. (2nd)
Currency: Mishimese Yen. (¥)
Religion: Mishimese Kassiopeism, Yurondan Kassiopeism, Primitive Religions.
Political division: 28 prefectures in the Main Islands; 6 autonomous kingdoms and 2 overseas provinces.
Political system: Constitutional Monarchy.
Head of State: Empress Toshiko Miura (f)
Head of Government: Prime Minister Shintzo Nakamura (m)

Official Name: United Kingdoms of Osman.
Human counterpart: Maghreb, Turkey, Middle East, Central Asia.
Demonym: Osmani.
Capital: Aram.
Main cities: Wogohna, Port Rashid, Al Akdam, Isphahan, Zekra, Farah.
Official language: Osmani, Zeluci (Persian), Others.
Area: 10,162,520 km2 (6th)
Population: 680,323,123 inhab. (4th)
Currency: Osmani Rial. (ريال)
Religion: Osmadian Kassiopeism, Yurondan Kassiopeism, Basteism, Primitive Religions.
Political division: 10 nations-states.
Political system: Federal Constitutional Monarchy.
Head of State: King Abbas Madani. (m)
Head of Government: Prime Minister Hassan Juhani (m)

Official Name: Federal Republic of Bhurakistan.
Human counterpart: Indian Subcontinent.
Demonym: Bhurakistani.
Capital: Perbast.
Main cities: Warat, Hawara, Surat, Kolkutt, Varana, Katmandu.
Official language: Bhurani, Zeluci (Persian), Bast (Ancient Egyptian dialect), Others.
Area: 4,310,970 km2 (8th)
Population: 960,575,200 inhab. (3rd)
Currency: Bhurakistani Rupee. (₹)
Religion: Basteism, Osmani Kassiopeism, Yurondan Kassiopeism, Primitive Religions.
Political division: 27 States.
Political system: Federal Parliamentary Republic.
Head of State: Pres. Kabir Namboodiri (m)
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mahima Pannikar (f)

Official Name: Confederation of Wokonda.
Human counterpart: Sub-Saharan Africa.
Demonym: Wokondan.
Capital: Ashanti.
Main cities: Braville, Taharka, Sankhor, Port Stevenson, Umbutu.
Official language: Various: Mercian, Liorese, Osmani, Zani (mixture of Swahili, Zulu, Yoruba and Hausa), Others.
Area: 21,400,740 km2 (2nd)
Population: 532,657,802 inhab. (6th)
Currency: Wokondan Dinar. (WD)
Religion: Yurondan Kassiopeism, Osmadian Kassiopeism, Basteism, Atheism, Agnosticism, Primitive Religions.
Political division: 27 nation-states.
Political system: Parliamentary Confederal Republic.
Head of State and Government: Prime Minister James Naidoo. (m)
I admit that some names are not very original, at least as far as languages are concerned. I also made the flags, which you can see on this map, applying the idea of the superstates, but on Earth:
The only difference is that on the Mishimese flag it says "Mishima" instead of "Great Japan". All nations are democratic, although not entirely perfect.
1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:08 pm

Very impressive work! However, I'm wondering why the first version of Phellus has no equivalent to Judaism when the other religions are present.
0 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Cody Furlong
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Cody Furlong » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:44 am

I have a few biased on if Megakat was on the east coast, where California sits in the real world geographically, assuming the content is shaped the same.

New Lynx City: Is on the west coast, roughly their version of New York.
Haven: A City to the north of Megakat.
Delgato: A City South of Megakat.
New Felidae: A City overseas from Megakat.
0 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

EditorElohim
Just Moved In
Paraguay

Post by EditorElohim » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:44 pm

marklungo wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:08 pm
Very impressive work! However, I'm wondering why the first version of Phellus has no equivalent to Judaism when the other religions are present.
Thank you very much. It took a while for the truth; I wish I could make a map of Phellus himself.

As for Judaism, I did it for several reasons:

-I conceived of Kasiopeism as a base religion from which the three most important ones in the real world were derived. Something similar to what happens with Christianity in the Real World with Catholicism, Protestantism, and Orthodoxy.

Although I don't like to self-cite, I'll do it with my own unpublished fic:
Spoiler:
Unlike on Earth, there were very few religions, being basically two the most important ones, and the rest, mere tribal beliefs of animistic character scattered throughout the eight continents; Basteism, once the dominant religion of the kats in which Bastet was the central figure, but also with the presence of Ra and Sokar, had its main bastion in Bhurakistan where it is the religion of 80% of the population, is of an organized character with a completely feminine hierarchy, a High Priestess analogous to a Pope and with a sacred city -Warat-. Although no longer so worshipped, Bastet had the same importance in the kat culture as the Greco-Roman gods in the western culture of the Earth, being the inspiration for works of art, stories, poems, music and even movies and television.

Then there was Kasiopeism, whose central figure was a kat woman called Kasiopeia, who almost four thousand years ago initiated a religious reform that over the years, displaced Basteism until it was confined to the island-continent of Bhurakistan and became the majority faith in the world, branching out over the centuries into three branches named for their place of origin: the Yurondan and more expanded branch, vaguely similar to Christianity; the Osmani, analogous to Islam, and the Mishimese, which was a carbon copy of Buddhism, and therefore, of the concept of the Ascension. The most enigmatic figure was that of Kasiopeia in itself: she was not a goddess but a prophet, who was said to be able to perform miracles, and simply disappeared after establishing her doctrine; even the existence of a unique and true God suspiciously similar to Christendom was subtly suggested, but not so protagonist in the kasiopeian belief.
- Demographically speaking, the major religions of the world are Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, and then Buddhism. Since Basheism tends to replace Hinduism in Phellus, the other three remain. Judaism, on the contrary, is a little numerous religion, although I do not minimize its importance.

- It is possible that an equivalent of Judaism exists in Phellus, but it is almost non-existent, or virtually extinct, since religious wars have also occurred. Also the fact that in Phellus, globalization has been much more intense than on Earth, causing fewer languages and predominant religions to exist, especially after the two MegaWars.

I think I have to make a whole separate issue for this world called Phellus. I think I was too inspired RazLaugh RazLaugh RazLaugh

P.S.: Thanks for the fav at Devianart RazorHappyCait
1 x