What if there are other superheroes on other countries outside MegaKat City protecting their own respective cities?

This is a place for OOC hypothetical discussions on the show.
SMILE
Just Moved In
Puerto Rico

What if there are other superheroes on other countries outside MegaKat City protecting their own respective cities?

Post by SMILE » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:57 pm

We only see MegaKat City on the SWAT Kats' planet, but if there are other countries or cities outside of MegaKat City, then wouldn't it be interesting that the SWAT Kats aren't the only superheroes of their planet? What if each city or country has its own vigilante protecting it from all sorts of villains?
1 x

Dr. Ascara
Resident
Belarus

Post by Dr. Ascara » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:40 am

If other cities can have their own vigilantes and the Enforcers as the state organization should be presented in all of them I make a hypothesis the criminals also have some organized structure in the country. What if there is a hidden syndicate and Dark Kat takes some high place in its hierarchy?
You give a large and fruitful space for fiction. chancestareyesicon
Regretfully we don't know anything about other countries. Do they have analogues to our civilizations or live in a big globalized world? And I don't remember any notorious foreigners besides Mr Young and Turmoil.
2 x

Cody Furlong
Resident
United States of America

Re: What if there are other superheroes on other countries outside MegaKat City protecting their own respective cities?

Post by Cody Furlong » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:51 am

In some of my fan fiction ideas, there is a canine country. And they have a vigilante called Iron Mutt. And a friend 0f mine has one called Super Dog.
2 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re:

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:04 pm

ascara wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:40 am
If other cities can have their own vigilantes and the Enforcers as the state organization should be presented in all of them I make a hypothesis the criminals also have some organized structure in the country.
Regarding the Enforcers, I always assumed they're limited to Megakat City, due to their symbol being an "M." I assume the "M" is for Megakat; although they're only really ever called the Enforcers in the show, a lot of behind the scenes stuff explicitly calls them the Megakat Enforcers. What if the "M" is also Megakat City's symbol? Though considering there's also a Megakat State Beach, it's possible the state is Megakat as well. That said, the Enforcers seem to function at a local/county level as far as law enforcement goes.
ascara wrote:
You give a large and fruitful space for fiction. chancestareyesicon
I've always thought this was one reason why SWAT Kats has remained popular, and why, in a weird way, its lack of worldbuilding works in its favor; aside from the basics, the show's universe essentially a sandbox, fertile ground for fanfic.
ascara wrote:
Regretfully we don't know anything about other countries. Do they have analogues to our civilizations or live in a big globalized world? And I don't remember any notorious foreigners besides Mr Young and Turmoil.
A few characters have decidedly non-American type accents. Hackle's accent is vaguely Teutonic. Then there's Katzmer, the antique store owner in Enter the Madkat. Admittedly, plenty of people born in America don't grow up with American accents for one reason or another, but in a cartoon, generally, an accent is shorthand for "they're not from around here." And Hackle seems inspired by German rocket scientist Wernher von Braun, while Katzmer, his Jewish name aside, is clearly a riff on the "Asian shopkeeper" stereotype.

We would've seen other foreigners in the unfinished episode(s), or at least characters not from Megakat City. In Succubus!, Katrina is said to have moved to town three months before the episode's events. And her henchmen have names like Laszlo and Otto (with the latter being based on Austrian actor Erich von Stroheim according to the script). Though it's worth noting the script doesn't specify any accents for them.
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Dr. Ascara
Resident
Belarus

Re: What if there are other superheroes on other countries outside MegaKat City protecting their own respective cities?

Post by Dr. Ascara » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:04 pm
Regarding the Enforcers, I always assumed they're limited to Megakat City, due to their symbol being an "M." I assume the "M" is for Megakat;
It sounds legit. It remains for me to suggest that other cities of the country...
Kooshmeister wrote:
Though considering there's also a Megakat State Beach, it's possible the state is Megakat as well.
whatever it is also suffer from criminality and have some paramilitary divisions. But I don't have any proofs.
Kooshmeister wrote:
in a weird way, its lack of worldbuilding works in its favor; aside from the basics, the show's universe essentially a sandbox, fertile ground for fanfic.
I agree with you, it unties the writers' hands.
Spoiler:
For the first time I am thinking about trying to write my own fiction. There are so many awesome stories in the archive! I am inspired.
Kooshmeister wrote:
A few characters have decidedly non-American type accents ... Admittedly, plenty of people born in America don't grow up with American accents for one reason or another, but in a cartoon, generally, an accent is shorthand for "they're not from around here."
It is very hard to me to understand in English whether it was a unique character's intonation or a foreign accent. For example I perceived professor Hackle speaking as a very old and feeble senior (not even a thought about accent). Like I can perceive if someone breaks the phonology system, but intonations and voice variations don't bring any information to me.
Kooshmeister wrote:
while Katzmer, his Jewish name aside, is clearly a riff on the "Asian shopkeeper" stereotype.
That's weird but I hear here some native prosody.
And speaking about personalities I'm ashamed but I didn't hear about them before. We are here descendants of the Soviet culture with our engineers and actors. I have discovered something new today. Thank you again.
I seem to repeat the same words and speech patterns but that's what I know for this moment.
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:39 pm

ascara wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 pm
That's weird but I hear here some native prosody.
And speaking about personalities I'm ashamed but I didn't hear about them before. We are here descendants of the Soviet culture with our engineers and actors. I have discovered something new today. Thank you again.
I seem to repeat the same words and speech patterns but that's what I know for this moment.
He is voiced by Chinese-American actor James Hong (Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China). Not for nothing MoDaD called him "Mr. Wing" - the storyboards even say "think Keye Luke from Gremlins."
ascara wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:47 pm
And speaking about personalities I'm ashamed but I didn't hear about them before.
No worries. The show was geared to an American audiences so it uses accents and stereotypes they'd be familiar with and which other viewers might not necessarily catch on to.
3 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Lord_Tennyson's_Pipe
Just Moved In
United States of America

Post by Lord_Tennyson's_Pipe » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:43 pm

I like to think each country or continent has its own vigilante hero groups with different qualities. Perhaps they even form their own hero league and work together to defend the planet from extraterrestrial threat. Could be a good idea for fanfic.
1 x

Lord_Tennyson's_Pipe
Just Moved In
United States of America

Post by Lord_Tennyson's_Pipe » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:34 pm

Lord_Tennyson's_Pipe wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:43 pm
I like to think each country or continent has its own vigilante hero groups with different qualities. Perhaps they even form their own hero league and work together to defend the planet from extraterrestrial threat. Could be a good idea for fanfic.
Follow-up: "The International Justice League of Super Kat-quaintances," perhaps? ;-)
1 x

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:13 am

What if there's nobody else outside of Megakat City?

Remember When Strikes Mutilor: the entire planet's oceans were being drained but we only saw Megakat City Enforcers fighting back. Where was everybody else?

Maybe the Kat population was dwindling and outside of Megakat City* there's no other kats around anymore.

Far-fetched and likely wrong though. RazSilly

* With an exception in regards to the Siamese kats, which stand-in for the Japanese. So there might be a far-off region like Japan.
2 x