AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: The Boss of all Bosses?

Post by AkaneKitty » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:59 pm

Felony wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:25 pm
035ED66D-54C7-4AC6-96B2-7CE6215510BA.jpeg

Thanks! Fixed him up! Drawing while pretty much blind in one eye now messes with perspective that I often don’t catch until something is scanned. Will probably finish him this weekend
Feral looks awesome! His look here always makes me we wish we had alternative looks for the characters, though i get why we don't. Less stuff to animate.
Also the first thing that came to mind on reading Razor possibly being the Bride was him as Jake sitting up in the tow truck saying “wiggle your big toe”. XD And I found that more cute than serious but that’s cause Jake’s so adorable to me.
That's hillarious! I never thought about that scene as it relates to Jake LOL l. Now i really want to plot this out but its going to have to compete with my job and kids virtual school.

Who is Gogo in this scenario?

Commissioned another piece not directly related to O ren Feral but it might work. Hopefully ill get it soon.
1 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:07 pm

Mwhahaha finished!
CE9F12DF-7ACD-47B0-A249-A126065DDE3A.png
AkaneKitty wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:59 pm

I actually rewatched both Kill Bill volumes this weekend as it has been several years. Given how off she was plus that weapon seems like a deadly Yo-Yo like toy, I’m thinking Madkat? Though how Feral would make that happen I dunno. XD
5 x
DarkKatFury

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by AkaneKitty » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:56 pm

Felony wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:07 pm
Mwhahaha finished!
This is amazing!
Felony wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:07 pm
AkaneKitty wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:59 pm
I actually rewatched both Kill Bill volumes this weekend as it has been several years. Given how off she was plus that weapon seems like a deadly Yo-Yo like toy, I’m thinking MadKat? Though how Feral would make that happen I dunno. XD
That is a hilarious visual. However if Feral was able to wrangle Madkat as a bodyguard would be interesting.

MadKat dressed as a schoolgirl? You know what I'll stop before going this goes any further...

I've commissioned my next pic which I'm really excited about. Hopefully, I'll get it next week.
1 x

NightSlayer2
Resident
Canada

Post by NightSlayer2 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:56 pm

If Feral were to be mayor, I imagine he would still be the same individual he always was... scaredmanxicon

1) Considering that MegaKat City is always being terrorized and that the SWAT Kats always manage to be on top. Feral will still have to let them continue much to his dismay. Even Feral is starting to tolerate those two vigilantes because he almost thanked them. If Feral does want to bring down the SWAT Kats though, he'll have the Enforcers declare them as outlaws.

2) Feral would also have to deal with a lot of paperwork and answer to a lot of people. Callie practically runs the city. Assuming that MegaKat City is in a state, Feral would have to answer to federal and state officials.

3) Feral will also have to deal with Dark Kat.

If Feral starts to become corrupted by his newfound position, there will be consequences
1) Felina will retaliate against him and so will the SWAT Kats. T-Bone will want the pleasure in beating up Feral.

2) In my fanfic world, I created a team of FBI agents led by a kat named Frederick Lyons (I changed his last name and the federal branch he works for), and for years, he was pressuring the Enforcers to arrest the SWAT Kats, vowing to arrest them if Feral refused. Except that Feral and Callie would always stall him. The FBI or any other state and federal government will try to bring down Feral if that happens.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:16 pm

NightSlayer2 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:56 pm
If Feral were to be mayor, I imagine he would still be the same individual he always was... scaredmanxicon

1) Considering that MegaKat City is always being terrorized and that the SWAT Kats always manage to be on top. Feral will still have to let them continue much to his dismay.
Not necessarily. If the Enforcers had the same missiles and gadgets the SWAT Kats do, they'd have a much higher success rate. Also, I think Mayor Feral would let the Enforcers "off the chain" so to speak. Remember Destructive Nature? One of the rare times Feral wanted to just go all-in, guns blazing, screw the property damage, and Manx held him back. This was enough to make Feral smash his probably very expensive mobile phone. So since it's obvious the commander of the Enforcers answers to the mayor and the mayor alone, and that the mayor has the power to restrain the commander (compare Feral's grudging obedience to Manx in that episode to his pretty much ignoring Callie in The Wrath of Dark Kat), I like to imagine Mayor Feral would give the Enforcers more freedom to act and not hold their leashes as often as Manx did. He'd also probably spearhead a concerted effort to capture and reverse engineer the SWAT Kats' weapons and technology, and put more funding in weapons and vehicle development to bring the Enforcers' arsenal more up to par. As Mayor, Feral would probably prefer to rely on the SWAT Kats as little as possible and make every effort to wean the city off of its dependence on them.
NightSlayer2 wrote:
2) Feral would also have to deal with a lot of paperwork and answer to a lot of people.
Manx never seems like he answers to anyone. Though he might. Part of his frequent worries about the city may be that Megakat City is an extension of hos egotistical vanity (he calls it "his city," suggesting he views any attack against it as an attack against him by proxy), but another part may be does answer to a governor. But since the show isn't about Megakat City's politics except when it directly impacts the story, we never see this governor or anyone else Manx might answer to, such as, say, a city council.
NightSlayer2 wrote:
Callie practically runs the city.
Only because she does the things Manx is either too lazy or too incompetent to do himself. I doubt Feral would be so lackadaisical. He'd be way more hands-on as mayor than Manx.
NightSlayer2 wrote:
Assuming that MegaKat City is in a state, Feral would have to answer to federal and state officials.
And Feral, being way more professional than Manx despite his temper, would know precisely how to handle such people. Unless of course they're just as dumb and lazy as Manx is, which they might be considering how little, if at all, they ever interfere in Megakat City despite how badly Manx runs the place. In any event, nobody's saying Feral would get to do whatever he wanted as mayor.
NightSlayer2 wrote:
3) Feral will also have to deal with Dark Kat.
And, utilizing the more advanced tech and weaponry, whether from reverse-engineering SWAT Kats stuff or by pouring more research funds into Puma-Dyne, he can presumably handle him. Again, you're assuming the Enforcers wouldn't change under Mayor Feral when in actuality he'd probably ensure they were revamped, restructured and refitted from top to bottom to better handle threats exactly like Big Purple.
NightSlayer2 wrote:
If Feral starts to become corrupted by his newfound position, there will be consequences
Despite Lance Falk's original idea for Cry Turmoil, and in defiance of the press kit's dim opinion of him, I'm not sure Feral is capable of being corrupted. I mean, never say never, but he has one thing Manx lacks which is integrity. If anything, he'd root out corruption and cronyism from Megakat City's government.

And, I mean, never say never. Feral could become corrupt. But why do you think he would? He isn't corrupt as Commander of the Enforcers, so why would be be corrupt as Mayor?
NightSlayer2 wrote:
1) Felina will retaliate against him and so will the SWAT Kats.
I'm sensing a double standard here. Both in the show and by many fans, Manx's implied corruption (discussed elsewhere) is treated as a funny character quirk instead of a very serious problem, but the possibility of a corrupt Feral is met with calls for him to be "retaliated against," up to and including physically attacking him.
NightSlayer2 wrote:
T-Bone will want the pleasure in beating up Feral.
Unless it's under very specific circumstances, attacking someone and beating them up is assault. Especially if it's an elected official. The SWAT Kats break the law enough without needing to add "pounding the crap out of the Mayor" to the long list of charges against them.
NightSlayer2 wrote:
2) In my fanfic world, I created a team of FBI agents led by a kat named Frederick Lyons (I changed his last name and the federal branch he works for), and for years, he was pressuring the Enforcers to arrest the SWAT Kats, vowing to arrest them if Feral refused. Except that Feral and Callie would always stall him. The FBI or any other state and federal government will try to bring down Feral if that happens.
Feral doesn't need anyone pressuring him to arrest the SWAT Kats. He wants to do that already. Even when he grudgingly works alongside them, it's clear he doesn't like them very much, and would much rather put them in jail. I don't see that changing if he becomes mayor. Why would he need to be pressured to arrest them, and why would he help Callie in stalling the feds?

Your attitude towards Feral confuses me. First you talk about him being corrupt, and T-Bone beating him up as a result, but then you suggest he'd actively interfere in a federal investigation to protect the SWAT Kats. I get that people IRL can often be walking contradictions, but I'm not sure how "corrupt Feral" and "Feral who helps the SWAT Kats" gel, unless you're suggesting aiding and abetting vigilantes is part of Feral's corruption in your mind, meaning T-Bone will take pleasure in beating up the guy keeping him and Razor out of jail, which... makes no sense at all.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:04 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:16 pm
If the Enforcers had the same missiles and gadgets the SWAT Kats do, they'd have a much higher success rate.... [Feral would] also probably spearhead a concerted effort to capture and reverse engineer the SWAT Kats' weapons and technology, and put more funding in weapons and vehicle development to bring the Enforcers' arsenal more up to par.
Excellent points, Koosh! If Feral were a little smarter, he wouldn't be trying to arrest Razor -- he'd be trying to recruit him.
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

NightSlayer2
Resident
Canada

Post by NightSlayer2 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:16 pm

Not necessarily. If the Enforcers had the same missiles and gadgets the SWAT Kats do, they'd have a much higher success rate. Also, I think Mayor Feral would let the Enforcers "off the chain" so to speak. Remember Destructive Nature? One of the rare times Feral wanted to just go all-in, guns blazing, screw the property damage, and Manx held him back. This was enough to make Feral smash his probably very expensive mobile phone. So since it's obvious the commander of the Enforcers answers to the mayor and the mayor alone, and that the mayor has the power to restrain the commander (compare Feral's grudging obedience to Manx in that episode to his pretty much ignoring Callie in The Wrath of Dark Kat), I like to imagine Mayor Feral would give the Enforcers more freedom to act and not hold their leashes as often as Manx did. He'd also probably spearhead a concerted effort to capture and reverse engineer the SWAT Kats' weapons and technology, and put more funding in weapons and vehicle development to bring the Enforcers' arsenal more up to par. As Mayor, Feral would probably prefer to rely on the SWAT Kats as little as possible and make every effort to wean the city off of its dependence on them.
It's true but even Feral was unable to handle certain situations. In Night of the Dark Kat, Feral considered arresting T-Bone and Razor in retaliation for cutting the city's power, but then when he realized they captured Hard Drive, he decided to not press charges as an award for 'aiding' the Enforcers in catching Hard Drive. Hard Drive almost escaped until the vigilante pair caught him. In The Giant Bacteria, Feral did end up making things worse by firing thermal weapons at the bacteria creature which made it duplicate more. The SWAT Kats managed to cook the bacteria in the end. There are times when Feral is unable to handle a situation because of Manx and times when Feral is unable to handle a situation without Manx messing things up. But you're right, the Enforcers would've handled Dr. Viper in Destructive Nature if they had a more competent mayor. I always thought Feral was beginning to respect the SWAT Kats because he almost thanked them in Unlikely Alloys until T-Bone acted rude to him and after all, those two did save the world from Mutilor and Feral reluctantly agreed to let those two handle the situation. According to the wiki, he always allows the SWAT Kats to leave the scene. But you're right, the SWAT Kats wouldn't be around that much if Feral was mayor because Feral would be more competent than Manx.
Manx never seems like he answers to anyone. Though he might. Part of his frequent worries about the city may be that Megakat City is an extension of hos egotistical vanity (he calls it "his city," suggesting he views any attack against it as an attack against him by proxy), but another part may be does answer to a governor. But since the show isn't about Megakat City's politics except when it directly impacts the story, we never see this governor or anyone else Manx might answer to, such as, say, a city council.
I'm pretty sure Manx does to have to answer to his voters. Because after all, he decided not to throw a parade on behalf of the SWAT Kats because it would make him look bad for condoning vigilantes. I'm also certain that if there were more seasons, we would actually view Manx interacting with city officials.
And Feral, being way more professional than Manx despite his temper, would know precisely how to handle such people. Unless of course they're just as dumb and lazy as Manx is, which they might be considering how little, if at all, they ever interfere in Megakat City despite how badly Manx runs the place. In any event, nobody's saying Feral would get to do whatever he wanted as mayor.
I know Feral can handle those sort of people. He's had years of experience. He even knows how to handle that Steele.
And, utilizing the more advanced tech and weaponry, whether from reverse-engineering SWAT Kats stuff or by pouring more research funds into Puma-Dyne, he can presumably handle him. Again, you're assuming the Enforcers wouldn't change under Mayor Feral when in actuality he'd probably ensure they were revamped, restructured and refitted from top to bottom to better handle threats exactly like Big Purple.
I'm not criticizing Feral. I believe the Enforcers are needed, because when Dr. Viper flooded the city, the Enforcers were able to evacuate the neighborhood. I believe the Enforcers would be more effective if Feral was mayor. Unlike Manx and Commander Ashland, you character I believe, Feral has a deeper commitment to MegaKat City similar to Callie. The only difference is that he hates vigilantes. Feral would make the Enforcers more effective and allow them to do what they have to. But in Metal Urgency, Hard Drive did hijack Feral's new tank and the SWAT Kats did put a stop to it. Nothing is perfect, but the Enforcers will be able to be more competent with Feral running the show.
Despite Lance Falk's original idea for Cry Turmoil, and in defiance of the press kit's dim opinion of him, I'm not sure Feral is capable of being corrupted. I mean, never say never, but he has one thing Manx lacks which is integrity. If anything, he'd root out corruption and cronyism from Megakat City's government.And, I mean, never say never. Feral could become corrupt. But why do you think he would? He isn't corrupt as Commander of the Enforcers, so why would be be corrupt as Mayor?
I was just stating a possibility. I doubt Feral would ever be corrupt, because he seems to be a play-by-the-rules type of enforcer. If the mob sent him a bribe in the mail, Feral would just report it and use the bribe money as evidence against them. Feral is more honorable than Manx.
I'm sensing a double standard here. Both in the show and by many fans, Manx's implied corruption (discussed elsewhere) is treated as a funny character quirk instead of a very serious problem, but the possibility of a corrupt Feral is met with calls for him to be "retaliated against," up to and including physically attacking him.
I know, but Felina would rebel against her uncle if Feral ever engaged in corruption. Again, I'm not implying Feral is dirty, he seems to a clean kat, I'm just stating that if Feral betrays everything he ever believed in, then Felina will be opposed to him.
T-Bone will want the pleasure in beating up Feral.
Yeah, T-Bone will get in trouble if he hits Feral. You're right about that. But Feral did treat him and Jake badly when they were in the Enforcers. He knocked their jet into the Enforcer building by accident. Still though, I wish we saw things through Feral's perspective that day. Perhaps he had some sort of personal grudge against Dark Kat that he wanted to settle.
Feral doesn't need anyone pressuring him to arrest the SWAT Kats. He wants to do that already. Even when he grudgingly works alongside them, it's clear he doesn't like them very much, and would much rather put them in jail. I don't see that changing if he becomes mayor. Why would he need to be pressured to arrest them, and why would he help Callie in stalling the feds?
Yeah, what i said before was a poor choice of words. Lyons always thought Feral was helping Callie protect the SWAT Kats since Feral would allow them to leave the scene rather than arrest them. In Arrow, Team Arrow did save the day, but the SCPD still took them into custody because they were still operating outside the law. It's similar to your fanfic when General Boggs thought Feral had confidence in the SWAT Kats.

Your attitude towards Feral confuses me. First you talk about him being corrupt, and T-Bone beating him up as a result, but then you suggest he'd actively interfere in a federal investigation to protect the SWAT Kats. I get that people IRL can often be walking contradictions, but I'm not sure how "corrupt Feral" and "Feral who helps the SWAT Kats" gel, unless you're suggesting aiding and abetting vigilantes is part of Feral's corruption in your mind, meaning T-Bone will take pleasure in beating up the guy keeping him and Razor out of jail, which... makes no sense at all.

Yeah, I was struggling with what to say. I'm just saying that Lyons thought Feral was protecting the SWAT Kats since Lyons knew that Feral would allow them to leave the scene after saving the day and that they not only saved Feral multiple times, but Feral's niece Felina as well. That made Lyons suspect Feral had a working relationship with the SWAT Kats as well as Callie, who made her support to the vigilante duo no secret. I'm just saying that if Feral ever does become corrupt as mayor, Lyons will want to take him down.
2 x

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by AkaneKitty » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:31 pm

Koosh covered a kit of the bases (Thank you, Koosh!), so I'll just add to it.

This picture of Feral exists because 1. I wanted a badass picture of Feral and since it doesn't happen in the wild I had to commission it and 2. This is just playing around with a Kill Bill inspired corrupt version of Feral, worthy to feared and hated. Plus musing what other characters would do in a Kill Bill type story. If Feral's O-Ren, Razor could be the Bride (Groom?) out for revenge. Madkat as Gogo, complete in schoolgirl outfit has me dying. I kinda want to see Callie as Sophie Fatale now.

If Mayor Feral was to happen I think it would follow what Koosh says. He'd want to reduce the city's dependence on the SWAT Kats, bolster his Enforcers with whatever they need to get the job done and maybe remove their red tape, and maybe not keep blowing the city budget on lost causes like Megkat Towers. I'd also see him bolster Callie's position. While they do argue over the SWAT Kats I'm sure Feral respects the fact that Callie knows the city inside and out and would want her to be at his side. Feral could have Callie be his proxy and adviser, and giving her more power to do what needs to be done. Non corrupted Feral, of course.

Also, can I just say, as a diehard Commander Feral fan, that the double standards against him are very annoying and aggravating? We have Manx acting shady/almost dangerous (see him pushing Callie out of the way) to T-Bone THROWING Ann into the scorpion monster yet it's Feral who is constantly thought of doing something bad when he does nothing nowhere close to what T-Bone and Manx did!

And no, Feral kicking Jake and Chance out of the Enforcers is nowhere close to any of that.
T-Bone never got any consequences, so I think Feral will be ok. Then again, the show goes into Universe Contorsion Mode (yes, I finally named my trope!) keeping the SWAT Kats in the right and Feral/Enforcers lesser than, so I shouldn't be surprised.
In The Giant Bacteria, Feral did end up making things worse by firing thermal weapons at the bacteria creature which made it duplicate more.
*cough*Universe Contorsion Mode*cough*. There is no reason for that to not slow the bacteria down at the very least.

Finally, I know I'm talking about the SWAT Kats here, mostly because I'm forced to, but it's also really annoying to have SWAT Kats pop up in Commander Feral centric topics. This happens with my Feral fics and it's annoying there too, where people would talk about everything else butFeral. Let Feral have his own topics.
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:18 am

AkaneKitty wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:31 pm
Also, can I just say, as a diehard Commander Feral fan, that the double standards against him are very annoying and aggravating? We have Manx acting shady/almost dangerous (see him pushing Callie out of the way) to T-Bone THROWING Ann into the scorpion monster yet it's Feral who is constantly thought of doing something bad when he does nothing nowhere close to what T-Bone and Manx did!

And no, Feral kicking Jake and Chance out of the Enforcers is nowhere close to any of that.
I've got example of the SWAT Kats being even more irresponsible. Remember when they captured Morbulus? If they had chosen to "deliver" instead of "dunk", the four-eyed fiend might not have escaped, which means he'd probably still be alive. How would this have affected the rest of the story? Would Viper have found another sucker to turn into the giant bacteria? Who knows?
AkaneKitty wrote:
T-Bone never got any consequences, so I think Feral will be ok. Then again, the show goes into Universe Contorsion Mode (yes, I finally named my trope!) keeping the SWAT Kats in the right and Feral/Enforcers lesser than, so I shouldn't be surprised.
TV Tropes has an entry that's kind of similar. It's called Protagonist-Centered Morality.

AkaneKitty wrote:
Finally, I know I'm talking about the SWAT Kats here, mostly because I'm forced to, but it's also really annoying to have SWAT Kats pop up in Commander Feral centric topics. This happens with my Feral fics and it's annoying there too, where people would talk about everything else butFeral. Let Feral have his own topics.
Sounds good to me! Feral, Callie, Felina, and several of the villains and supporting characters have their own followings, so why not their own threads too? However, we'll just have to wait and see if poor Mayor Manx ever gets a topic. Nobody seems to like him for some reason. scaredmanxicon
0 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by AkaneKitty » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:03 pm

marklungo wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:18 am

I've got example of the SWAT Kats being even more irresponsible. Remember when they captured Morbulus? If they had chosen to "deliver" instead of "dunk", the four-eyed fiend might not have escaped, which means he'd probably still be alive. How would this have affected the rest of the story? Would Viper have found another sucker to turn into the giant bacteria? Who knows?
I discussed this on a tumblr post of mine. Callie and the SWAT Kats really look bad here. SWAT Kats acting like brats and don't take responsibility, deciding to pawn off blame to Feral. Callie looks like a huge shrew (trying to be polite here) and blame Feral as well instead of taking the SWAT Kats to task. What does this do? Sets up Feral not getting the job done and how wrong he is for trying to defend himself. The show can't handle to truth of the SWAT Kats not being right and decides make where Feral appears to be in the wrong. This is why I label this Universe Contorsion Mode, which is very similar to Protagonist-Centered Morality which Mark linked, but not quite. See below for more on that.
marklungo wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:18 am
TV Tropes has an entry that's kind of similar. It's called Protagonist-Centered Morality.
The SWAT Kats definitely need an entry on that trope page.

To further gain some insight to the perception of Feral, I decided to torture myself recently and listen to some podcasts reviewing the SWAT Kats. I got Feral descriptions ranging from airhead (how???) and bumbling idiot (again, how???). I get not liking Feral but seriously? But this is Universe Contorsion Mode works. The show bent over backward to make it appear that Feral is this incompetent person undeserving of any sympathy. Feral himself never lives up to the perception of him, but the show gets the audience to believe the perception.

Speaking of which, Felina gets all the best Enforcer adulation. Yet, no one seems to figure out she's getting this because she's an ally of the SWAT Kats. Remember: On SWAT Kats side? You're good. Not on their side? Bad.

Anyhoo, I received my second art commission from lxdy-starfury. Have some Callie and Feral!

I know they're missing their tales, but don't care!

I absolutely adore and love this pic. Touch dark, but it contributes to the atmosphere. Love, love, love it! And If I'm doing commissions, I had to get a Callie and Feral pic.

Question: Is this before the SWAT Kats arrived on the scene in MegaKat City, or after?
2 x