The Boss of all Bosses? And other Feral art commissions

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
EditorElohim
Just Moved In
Paraguay

Re: The Boss of all Bosses?

Post by EditorElohim » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Anyhoo, I received my second art commission from lxdy-starfury. Have some Callie and Feral!
I can only say that this image ... uncomfortable, especially because I put Callie between 25 and 30 years and Feral almost 60!

But the drawing is very good, anyway.

About Feral, I can only say that he's not exactly my favorite character -or his niece- but it's not that I hate him either. I think this sentence -said by a character in my fic- summarizes what I think of him:
"I know Feral is a good person, but he is extremely stubborn, unable to accept that he doesn't know everything."

On the other hand, Feral as mayor... is definitely going to send more budget to the Enforcers... and most certainly turn the Manx golf courses into training and shooting grounds. Like a little revenge. RazDark RazDark RazDark Mbuahaha...
1 x

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by AkaneKitty » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:39 pm

EditorElohim wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:22 pm
I can only say that this image ... uncomfortable, especially because I put Callie between 25 and 30 years and Feral almost 60!

But the drawing is very good, anyway.
I don't believe Feral is that old. Dude's has survived way too many death defying stunts.

I put Feral in his 40s. Late 40s tops. Late 30s at the youngest.

And Callie and Feral is my pairing, even though i question it at times. Looking at you, Callie.
EditorElohim wrote:
On the other hand, Feral as mayor... is definitely going to send more budget to the Enforcers... and most certainly turn the Manx golf courses into training and shooting grounds. Like a little revenge. RazDark RazDark RazDark Mbuahaha...
At the very least, Feral would spend less time on the golf course and more time in the office.
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:52 pm

EditorElohim wrote:
Sixty? He still has color in his hair, a pretty smooth face and a very, uh, ahem, hard body, judging by the couple of times he's seen without his greatcoat, particularly in Enter the Madkat (which isn't to say men in their sixties can't be physically fit, I just don't agree Feral is that old). He's definitely older than Callie and the SWAT Kats, but sixty?

This is an old Feral, from the future in the episode A Bright and Shiny Future:

Sagging, heavily-lined features and a rapidly thinning hairline.

Compare him to how he looks in the present in the same episode:

Feral's definitely not in his twenties or even his thirties, but in my opinion he isn't as old as you're suggesting. After all, one of the words used to describe him by Lance Falk was "virile." So to me, present day Feral is on the older side of forty or in his early fifties at the most. Callie meanwhile seems like she's in her thirties, and so while, yes, there is an age difference, it isn't that huge.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:12 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:52 pm
This is an old Feral, from the future in the episode A Bright and Shiny Future:

[snip image]

Sagging, heavily-lined features and a rapidly thinning hairline.
And a Fu Manchu mustache.

(Sorry for the off-topic, but somebody had to point it out!) :P
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: The Boss of all Bosses? And other Feral art commissions

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:21 pm

Well, hiding in the swamp for several years, I'm pretty sure trimming his mustache into four neat little squares like usual isn't high on his list of priorities. TboneLaughCait
2 x

EditorElohim
Just Moved In
Paraguay

Post by EditorElohim » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
which isn't to say men in their sixties can't be physically fit, I just don't agree Feral is that old
You said it yourself: there is no way to prevent someone in his sixties from seeing himself even in good physical condition. You can find bodybuilders in their 60s and 70s on the Internet.

A sexagenarian comes to mind who reminds me a little of Feral, just as badass, although more fanciful:
Kooshmeister wrote:
Compare him to how he looks in the present in the same episode
Realistically, Feral is the one who aged WORST in that chapter, while all the others looked almost the same as their present counterparts. Also, I don't remember the chapter specifying HOW MANY years in the future it develops; only that it is a near future.

Furthermore, I am surprised that Hackle is still alive, considering that he is probably in his seventies now... or even in his early eighties.
Kooshmeister wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:21 pm
Well, hiding in the swamp for several years, I'm pretty sure trimming his mustache into four neat little squares like usual isn't high on his list of priorities.
And certainly, being in a swamp, away from various amenities such as safe housing, indoor plumbing, medicine... and the stress of living in a post-apocalyptic world makes one age very quickly in a matter of a few years. Clearly this happened to Feral more than to others.
Kooshmeister wrote:
Feral's definitely not in his twenties or even his thirties, but in my opinion he isn't as old as you're suggesting. After all, one of the words used to describe him by Lance Falk was "virile." So to me, present day Feral is on the older side of forty or in his early fifties at the most.
True: Feral is neither twenty nor thirty, but much less must he be forty; that is why I estimated between fifty and sixty. And there is a reason for this: Felina.

Feral has a niece, and clearly, she, like the Swat Kats -and as I THINK, with Callie and Steel- is not over thirty. Besides the paternal treatment he has with her, something difficult to see if the age difference is very short.

Either Ullyses Feral's brother is much older, or he had Felina during his adolescence. XD
AkaneKitty wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:39 pm
after all, one of the words used to describe him by Lance Falk was "virile."
That depends on how old you really get: if you have a physically active life, by the time you reach old age you will be in better physical condition, and being Feral and the leader of the Enforcers, and clearly not the typical office worker... it would not be at all uncommon that at 50 or 60 you are still in good shape, still badass, and look attractive to some people.

P.S.: Another thing the creators of the series owe us: the age of the characters. But well; at least it gives us something to discuss. TboneLaughCait
1 x

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by AkaneKitty » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:54 pm

I don't know why some people want Feral so old, but irregardless of that, i have pic of my canon couple that i really, really love. Now whether or not this is a pic of happier times since they are now exes remains.

I'm going to go stick my fingers in my ears now.

By the way, even if Feral is "old", that doesn't disqualify him from love or romance.
3 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:35 pm

EditorElohim wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:49 pm
Furthermore, I am surprised that Hackle is still alive, considering that he is probably in his seventies now... or even in his early eighties.
If anything, he looks younger. His hair and beard, previously white, are a faint blonde color.

And your estimation of Hackle's age in the future suggests he's a lot younger than he looks in the present. For him to be in his seventies or eighties in the future, he'd need to be roughly the same age you've pegged Feral at in the present, which just isn't possible. He's so old and frail he has to hobble around using a cane. In the main timeline he can't be any younger than his seventies, not unless he aged very, very badly (which he clearly doesn't, given how he looks in A Bright and Shiny Future).
EditorElohim wrote:
Either Ullyses Feral's brother is much older, or he had Felina during his adolescence.
Or Feral was born when his brother was a teenager.
EditorElohim wrote:
AkaneKitty wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:39 pm
after all, one of the words used to describe him by Lance Falk was "virile."
That depends on how old you really get: if you have a physically active life, by the time you reach old age you will be in better physical condition, and being Feral and the leader of the Enforcers, and clearly not the typical office worker... it would not be at all uncommon that at 50 or 60 you are still in good shape, still badass, and look attractive to some people.
Firstly, you quoted the wrong person. I said that, not Akane. TboneLaughCait

Anyway, from what I can tell, you just want Feral to be old for some reason. Manx, now, he is definitely in his sixties.
AkaneKitty wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:54 pm
I don't know why some people want Feral so old,
Probably because they want him to retire.
2 x

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by AkaneKitty » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:46 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:35 pm
AkaneKitty wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:54 pm
I don't know why some people want Feral so old,
Probably because they want him to retire.
That, or they don't like the pairing, which is cool. No skin off my nose. The beauty of this show is that there are no set pairings(besides the Metalikats). Hints sure. but nothing set in stone.

To answer my own question, I'm going to follow my own current headcanon and place this in happier times BSK, Before SWAT Kats. Which makes them exes currently.
2 x