A failed experiment

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

A failed experiment

Post by Rusakov » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:19 pm

I figured I'd try to make an updated look for the Bright and Shiny Future robots. Sure, they looked passable back when even Macintosh computers were beige boxes, but why not something different today?

I'll tell you why: the end result of my effort sucked:

Maybe it's best to just leave them boxy. FeralStopSign
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: A failed experiment

Post by Kooshmeister » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:03 am

The thing about this design is less that they look boxy and more that they look positively menacing. Keep in mind Hackle originally designed them to be friendly helper robots. I'm not sure he'd design something so scary-looking to help out around Megakat City.
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:03 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:03 am
The thing about this design is less that they look boxy and more that they look positively menacing. Keep in mind Hackle originally designed them to be friendly helper robots. I'm not sure he'd design something so scary-looking to help out around Megakat City.
Although you'd think after Mac and Molly took over that second generation units would be made to look menacing.

Then again considering how indestructible Hackle made the Metallikats, second gen units might not be needed.... scaredmanxicon

Edit: I guess I should have done a more curved design if I wanted something less "1980s soulless beige office cubist" feeling. :P
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:18 pm

I just realized my first sentence there makes no sense: "The thing about this design is less that they look boxy and more that they look positively menacing." Your design isn't the one who looks boxy, the original one is. Oops. RazEmbarrassed

As to why Mac and Molly never updated the design, I doubt they cared about what their enforcer-bots looked like provided they did their jobs. Plus there's some psychological torture to have kats enslaved by robots that look exactly like the ones they once trusted. Because they are the ones they once trusted.
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)