2016 SK New Year / Secret Santa Art Trade

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
austinswatkat87
Resident
United States of America

Re: 2016 SK New Year / Secret Santa Art Trade

Post by austinswatkat87 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi everyone. This piece is for Kanogetz for the Swat Kats Secret Santa art.

5 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Post by TazKat » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Gangsta Molly Mange for Betaruga! (lookit all dat bling and majesty~)

(Guys, I am thoroughly impressed at every skill level. Everyone really outdid themselves and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my gifty, thanks Beta!! Mutant T-Bone looks terrifying! I don't blame Razor for kicking off his face to get away from him (lol). It puts a lot of cheer into what was a rather chaotic season for me. I am happy we did this and that I had a chance to participate. Looking forward to your piece too, Austin~)
Last edited by TazKat on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
7 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Betaruga
Killa Vanilla
United States of America

Post by Betaruga » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks Tazkat! Good work :-) you obviously put a lot of effort into that and it shows
0 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Post by TazKat » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:48 pm

That bling was seriously quite fun to do. I may have people wearing more shiny things now *o*

Glad you like, homie!
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Kanogetz
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Republic of Serbia

Post by Kanogetz » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:14 pm

austinswatkat87 wrote:Hi everyone. This piece is for Kanogetz for the Swat Kats Secret Santa art.

Thanx Austinswatkat87, you did a great job, dude! And thank you for including both Felina and Razor, it's always awesome seeing them together! :D
0 x
slothful artist / dynamic gamer / mechanized bum.
http://kanogetz.deviantart.com/

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:46 pm

TazKat wrote:Image
Wow! I'm going to have to edit this reply later when I have more time to explain how impressed I am with this :lol:

EDIT: The level of detail in this just sucks you right in. The pose, the framing, the color choice, the license you took with the character attributes, little things like the lighting under the hat and making the eyes appropriately glow, the metallic glints in places that hint at the robotic artificiality that's just beneath the surface (along with the overt depiction in the hands)... and the choice of outfit REALLY fits (though I'm wondering what department store sells gets stolen from for that kind of attire :lol: ).

I'm a big fan of pencil/coloring/painting with analog/physical media because there's an underlying grit from the paper and the pressures of every stroke/sketch/line that comes through that I really like (If you did this on a computer you've made a fool of me :lol: ).

I don't think this would look out of place in a professional publication.
1 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Post by TazKat » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:53 pm

Kanogetz wrote:
austinswatkat87 wrote:Hi everyone. This piece is for Kanogetz for the Swat Kats Secret Santa art.

Thanx Austinswatkat87, you did a great job, dude! And thank you for including both Felina and Razor, it's always awesome seeing them together! :D
Oh shoot, that was the repost. My bad. I second the notion always loving Razor and Felina sharing the screen! I like that graphic gravelly look to the screen and muted tones as well. Like they're spying on an enemy's operation in a dark, secluded place... >>... <<...

EDIT: That's a cool analysis and a massive complement, MoDaD. Thank you! (You are correct, this is traditional media, micron pen, white acrylic, and watercolor on 3 x 5 index card). Molly is here to steal Christmas because NOTICE IT IS NOT CHRISTMAS ANYMORE :twisted:
Last edited by TazKat on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 x

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

austinswatkat87
Resident
United States of America

Post by austinswatkat87 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:04 am

Hello again everyone. I decided to do one last piece of fanart for Kanogetz. This piece contains Razor and Felina Feral again.
It took about 4-5 hours to do, and the board was 13.5" x 21". This was done entirely by hand, with the media being pencil,
as well as pen and ink. This piece was not easy to do, and I was so worried about how it would turn out. In this piece,
Razor and Felina are fighting a creature that is not canon to the Swat Kats universe. The creature is an inspiration from many
of the epic comic book monsters I have seen, as well as a little inspiration from Mutation City, as well as the 80s comic book style
of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles. It was a last minute decision to add the fattened Swat Kats logo in there. Hope you all enjoy
the piece, as my hands can barely type.

4 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:22 pm

austinswatkat87 wrote:Image
That's great! I like the heavy contrast in the inking/shading (forgive my infantile descriptions as I'm not an artist). It's very reminiscent of the approach of some of the promotional artwork, but in your own style. Very cool.
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Ickaimp wrote:Image
I like the humor you injected into the recipient's parameters - it fits really great. The execution is also fun :D

I like the level of saturation you used in the colors, gives it a very nice, almost retro, effect.
0 x