Art Fun Topic [OC Heros!]

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
Poecat
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Art Fun Topic [OC Heros!]

Post by Poecat » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Cause we cannot have villains without the heros. And this post is a blanket for any sort of hero that you had created that would've had a place in the SWAT Kat verse. So share your SWAT Kats, Vigilantes, Enforcers or Good Samaritan

My first ever OC SWAT Kat was a guy named Mallory Catlow that went by the codename: Tack. ^_^

0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Re: Art Fun Topic [OC Heros!]

Post by jesse220 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:17 am

Very impressive :)
0 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Ty-Chou » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:54 pm

This topic made me dust off some old characters I hadn't drawn drawn in years. These are some next generation Swat Kats I first came up with back in high school. Though they are actually two generations removed from the original SKs. They are slightly older than the SK's grandchildren. There's actually two sets of Swat kats at this time. The other set is a brother/sister duo that flies the Turbokat II and wear the traditional flight suits. These two wear reverse colors and usually stick to ground transportation.

I wanted to one day do a fic where these two end up in the past where the original Swat Kats are and run amok in Megakat City for a bit. They're kind of idiots, but they're lovable idiots.

0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Post by jesse220 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:29 pm

Well It seems that the new swat kats must be a replacement for Chance and Jake. And I bet Feral might have unmasked then and did something terrible to them.
0 x

Poecat
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Poecat » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:47 pm

These guys are really neat looking Ty-chou. I like how you changed up the colors to show more red. The original SK's are pilots… what were these guys? Are they pilots as well? Or something else? Seeing as one carries a hand gun.
0 x

jesse220
Long-Term Resident

Post by jesse220 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:13 pm

I could create a jet for your future swat kats if you want ;)
0 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:41 pm

LOL at the dialogue. XD Nice hero designs, Ty-Chou!
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:32 pm

While I have lots more SK baddies in my character box than heroes, they DO exist! XD I'll post my very first SWAT Kat first however. Warning, old cruddy art ahoy! XD

Ling Xiao aka Gaze came about in 2002. I first got the idea for her after thinking how aside from Mr. Young and his associates, we didn't really see any other Siamese breed in the SK series. So I drew up my own and named her Ling XIao. Her family moved from Hong Kong to America when Ling was a little girl. Her father Kun and mother Ning helped her uncle Fu in starting a Chinese restaurant called Uncle Fu's Fine Chinese (as Fu was the one who had the finances).

I decided to make her an Enforcer detective and I thought it would be neat for her to be skilled in a form of martial arts so she was trained in kung fu. It was her father's idea as Megakat City is a dangerous place and he wanted his daughter to defend herself.

Later on I decided to make her into a SWAT Kat. All this time while I had a vigilante or good guy, I never ventured in the making of a SWAT Kat territory, so this was fun for me to try. Ling was still an Enforcer detective, but knew the city needed help and donned a mask when recruited to the SWAT Kats team. I gave her a haircut and eventually she became the DA at Megakat's main Enforcer branch so had less time for SK duties but remained a source for inside info should they need it.

I played her in two different RPGs before putting her away in my massive character box but decided to bring her into mine and Poecat's Nova Squadron fan comic. However this verson, Ling works at her family's restaurant, and is not an Enforcer. Ling did work there as a teen and through her college years before joining the Enforcers so I figured to just have her work there to make for time to SWAT Kat it up. XD This go around she has telekinesis as well as her martial arts skills which is why she is recruited.

This has always been her SK get up as you see it in Nova Squadron. I named her SK alias Gaze because she watches over her beloved city, keeping an eye out for danger.
0 x
https://nova.swatkats.info - SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron
https://darkkat.com - Dark Kat’s Doomsday Page
https://felonykat.com - Class A Felony

NeeKnight
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Great Britain

Post by NeeKnight » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:10 am

Gah! I haven't posted in this here thread yet?!!! This shall be fixed!

Poecat: I love the first hero you post is the one that drew me back into the SWAT Kats Fandom and into making my own characters and drawing. Seeing Tack sporting the red and blue and being a normal kat wishing to make Megakat City a better place, he made remember how much I loved that world and how interesting it could be. Needs to be more of him! X3

Ty-Chou: XD I really love the design of your two hero characters, Ty-Chou. They look like an actually progression of the characters of the show, with how they have a uniform yet add their own personal touches to it. I must admit in my character designs, the costume only often has the colour scheme to tie them too the SWAT Kats where as yours relate to the show's SWAT costume better yet maintaining their own original design. Very well done... Your guys got names?

Felony: Ling has always been a very dependable and relateable character. Having known her since I joined my first RP, I have had the pleasure of seeing her evole across many RPs. Gave a great addition to where ever I see her, not only as a different breed that is only represented in Mr Young and Friends but as a strong female who true earns her place in the team due to her hard work and strenght of character.

As for me? I have a number of heros in my character box. I always try to keep my Villain to Hero ratio about 2:1 as it doesn't overwhilm the heros but doesn't mean the villians are outnumbered. You always need more villians than heros to have foes to fight as others have to wait to escape from jail X3
My first is a young upstart MWA wrestler called Cameron "FullForce" Parkyn under the callsign F². Young, cocky and a joker, Cam was my first character I created for an RP and the one who has grown the most as a character. A toast loving, fire-phobic brit (I actually type my own accent X3) and a total ladies man, he has always been a fun loving character who'd been a joy to explore and grow.
Version 1 :
Version 2 :
Version 3:
0 x
NERO

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Ty-Chou » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:07 pm

I LOVE the idea as Ling being either a DA or a detective. She looks WAY cool as a detective in your picture. I have such a love for good guy OCs who aren't just more Swat Kats. It seems like it's a less fun job to fight on the right of good lawfully, but Felena Feral shows you can come up with a really awesome, tough character that isn't part of the vigilante world and still be extremely likable.
0 x