The Boss of all Bosses? And other Feral art commissions

SWAT Kats related fan art goes here.
AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

The Boss of all Bosses? And other Feral art commissions

Post by AkaneKitty » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:43 pm

Members of the Megakat City Council, I want you all to listen carefully to what I am about to say, because I will only say this once.
FeralBullhornIcon

So, I've been craving some different and unique fanart of Commander Feral, but the poor guy doesn't get much art, and especially not what i was wanting. So I decided to get an art commission.

I've sorted of plotted a story that, after a horrible incident regarding a promising Enforcer who ends up dead, Feral decides he's had enough of Manx and wrestles the mayorship away from him. Thus becoming Mayor himself, albeit temporarily until another mayor is voted in. So what happens when, as Feral takes over the mayoral position, a brash MKC councilmember decides to insult the deceased in Feral's presence?

You get an O-Ren Ishii moment.

Did Feral cut off an ear or a head? I'll let you decide.

I always thought Feral could rock a three piece suit, especially with a long coat. He has the height for it. He swagger stick is now a gentleman's cane, and of course he has to have an Enforcer pin on his collar. I love it!

I might commission some other pieces for this O-Ren Feral line in the future.

Why is O-Ren the inspiration? Because I love her character, and I have always felt Feral needed an "addressing the council moment" to reestablish himself.

And people can truly claim that Feral is power hungry.

Art by lxdy-starfury

Edited to add: I received my second art commission from lxdy-starfury:

Yes, Callie and Feral are missing their tails but I don't care!

This commission is talked about more in a reply.
Last edited by AkaneKitty on Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: The Boss of all Bosses?

Post by MoDaD » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Does the artist mind if that's shared on Twitter with links back to their Ko-fi and tumblr?
1 x

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by AkaneKitty » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:59 pm

MoDaD wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:19 pm
Does the artist mind if that's shared on Twitter with links back to their Ko-fi and tumblr?
I already asked before i posted. It's fine to share. Plus please share her Kofi. She's saving for school.
0 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:01 pm

Excellent artwork, of course. Hoping to see more! But I can't help but wonder: if Feral became mayor, how would it affect the SWAT Kats, Felina, Callie, and Megakat City in general? And would Manx try to get his job back?

P.S. So this pic implies that Feral either maimed or killed a council member, possibly in public. As awesome/horrifying is that might be, would a dedicated lawman like Feral really go that far? Remember, O-Ren is a ruthless Yakuza leader, so that kind of brutality is in character for her.
2 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by AkaneKitty » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:38 pm

marklungo wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:01 pm
P.S. So this pic implies that Feral either maimed or killed a council member, possibly in public. As awesome/horrifying is that might be, would a dedicated lawman like Feral really go that far? Remember, O-Ren is a ruthless Yakuza leader, so that kind of brutality is in character for her.
If it took a really horrible "incident" to propel Feral into taking over Manx's job, one wonders what the councilmember said to elicit such a reaction?

I haven't thoroughly plotted this but in this case, Feral's had it with a lot of people, save for a surprising one. His officer's death was entirely preventable, and Feral is not just taking on the chin anymore, pun intended.

I'm surprised no one has asked who the Bride is... Madkatlaughing

I do have some other scenes of O-ren Feral that I want to get done. Maybe in the future. I gotta get the powerwalk one at the very least.
2 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:20 pm

Oooh Feral SNAPPED! XD Ok, I kinda like this version of Feral. The move to oust Manx in a hostile takeover would put him on par with a villain though. Or other villains might assume such (especially if he lobs a guy’s head off lol). Is that what you’re going for?

I could see him running a hard hitting campaign against mayor-for-life Manx, and even winning. This would make things nice and legal like. Otherwise, I have a feeling Manx is about to shine Feral’s boots for awhile. XD
2 x
DarkKatFury

AkaneKitty
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by AkaneKitty » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Felony wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:20 pm
Oooh Feral SNAPPED! XD Ok, I kinda like this version of Feral. The move to oust Manx in a hostile takeover would put him on par with a villain though. Or other villains might assume such (especially if he lobs a guy’s head off lol). Is that what you’re going for?

I could see him running a hard hitting campaign against mayor-for-life Manx, and even winning. This would make things nice and legal like. Otherwise, I have a feeling Manx is about to shine Feral’s boots for awhile. XD
I was going for more ambiguous, blurring the line between nonvillainous antagonist and villain, but I guess he would go full tilt into villainhood if he lopped a head off lol.

I wonder if he can get away with lopping off an ear?
2 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:01 pm

AkaneKitty wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:54 pm
I wonder if he can get away with lopping off an ear?
Oh, most definitely. Assault charges? Would anyone reeeeally wanna be tied up in court against THIS Feral? That is if Feral’s most loyal men didn’t bury the charges somewhere. XD
2 x
DarkKatFury

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:08 pm

Firstly, they wouldn't be his men anymore. They were only his men as long as he was commander of the Enforcers. For any Enforcers who'd worked under him previously to cover up crimes for him while he was serving as mayor, they'd have to be loyal to him personally as opposed to only loyal to the office of the Enforcer Commander, which he no longer holds. And while it is true that based on what we see, the serving mayor has power over the Enforcer Commander, most of the Enforcers we see who are actually loyal to Feral either personally or because of his position, particularly Felina and Talon, are loyal because, in their eyes, Feral is fair and just. If he becomes mayor and starts doing things like cutting people's ears off, I doubt they'd still be loyal to him because he will have betrayed what they saw as the Enforcers' principles.

Mayor Feral would thus need to cultivate new cronies to put into positions of influence in the Enforcers as well as elsewhere in the city government. Which would be difficult to do, I mean, provided he wanted real loyalty and not simply opportunists. And, as it is, if he did such a dramatic turn after becoming mayor that he effectively became a different person, I think most people who'd been loyal to him before wouldn't be anymore. Felina loves her uncle for example but I can't see her suppressing corrupt acts violence for him. As for Sergeant Talon, well, we don't know much about him (in fact, until recently, we didn't even know his name), but he seems in many ways the model Enforcer; stern, tough, obedient and above all else law-abiding. I don't see him participating in a coverup.

This means that unless Felina and Talon throw their principles in the garbage, too, there's no way they're staying loyal to an honest to goodness power mad, corrupt Feral, meaning Hizzoner would need to pick someone else whose attitude about the world was more in line with his current way of thinking to fill the roles of commander and lieutenant commander. And while I dunno about the latter, I think I know who'd fill the former position; namely, that, ironically, the now corrupt and recently elected Mayor Feral could buy Steel's loyalty by giving him what he always wanted; command of the Enforcers. And becomes it's obvious in the show that mayor tells the commander of the Enforcers what to do, Commander Steel would thus have total control over the Megakat Enforcers, but still answer to Feral and thus be under his thumb, i.e., he'd have tons of power within the scope of law enforcement and the defense of the city, but be on a short leash otherwis. Thus I can see the Enforcers committing coverups provided they were commanded by Steel.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:40 am

I have to say that while O-Ren Feral is an intriguing concept for an alternate universe (like the "Dark Side" when evil Callie came from), I don't know if I would want to see him in the main continuity. Even in the original version of "Cry Turmoil", the worst thing is did was become a temporary traitor.
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."