The End of the SWAT Kats! - Script Version

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.
Felix Kayne
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: The End of the SWAT Kats! - Script Version

Post by Felix Kayne » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:29 pm

Wow. This is cool. Good read for a script.
1 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Post by TazKat » Sat May 06, 2017 2:27 am

I really ENJOYED this. Kept me up late.

I'm glad you got to finish a long term project. Those can be hard but truly satisfying so congrats!

This would make a great comic or OVA.

Some great heart moments to like that Feral hug. I melted. Zeckis getting a shot off is great too--it was satisfying. He ended up being a great asset. I kind of feel there could be conclusion for him to in this story. Also a conclusion for Callie, now Mayor. That's a pretty big deal. Those are the only things I can think of that will make this awesomeness even nicer XD
1 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sat May 06, 2017 6:13 am

Thanks for the kind words. And, yeah, Callie becomes mayor. I figured she should. If she's so competent I never understood why she intentionally (?) labored as the "woman behind the man" for eleven terms. As for Zeckis, yeah, I kinda forgot about him in the climax, heh. Anyway, I also recommend my retrospective about the script, which can be read here: https://megakatcity.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=497
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:28 pm

The regular story version, which has always been trailing behind the script, finally got a new chapter added: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1173931/20 ... -SWAT-Kats
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:39 am

And after how many years (?) the original regular story version is finally finished. The final two chapters are up on Fanfiction.net. MadkatUpIcon

Chapter 22: The Final Battle - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1173931/22 ... -SWAT-Kats

Chapter 23: No More Masks - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1173931/23 ... -SWAT-Kats

I hope everyone has enjoyed coming on this journey with me, and that you all like the story even after all this time of it being in seemingly perpetual limbo. BlushJakeIcon

I did have to make a correction to fix a boo-boo in the penultimate chapter. I wrote Gavin and O'Herlihy as the guys who gave Feral and Felina their jets. Except they died way back in Chapter Eight (they live in the script version). Oops. This is the side effect of spending a decade writing a story... you forgot who's who in such a large cast. Fortunately, all I had to do was used find-and-replace and substitute them with Burge and King. I suppose I could've just had it be two random, nameless pilots, but the two have a small role at the end of the final chapter anyway so I decided to introduce them there so they didn't come out nowhere at the end. enforcericon2
0 x

Cody Furlong
Resident
United States of America

Post by Cody Furlong » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:39 am

It's nice to finally see the conclusion of this after so long. But one thing you left out, is if the boys got the girls.
0 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:33 pm

What do you mean "if the boys got the girls?" When did that ever come up...? RazConfused
0 x