Megakat City's New Benefactor

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.
Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Megakat City's New Benefactor

Post by Kooshmeister » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:16 pm

Just a short little thing I came up with with some help from Stormcrow, sort of a prequel to Succubus!

"Why, Mr. Mayor... not to boast," said the Moorkroft heiress, giving her ferret a stroke under his chin, "fifty million is nothing to me..."

"R-really?" said Manx, standing up and leaning over his desk as though about to crawl towards her in gratitude.

"Indeed. And you can tell MASA I'll be paying to replace their laser satellite, as well." Almost as an afterthought, she said, "And I'm also planning to build a new philharmonic hall."

Now Manx was on top of his desk, on his hands and knees, his eyes sparkling; it's unclear if there are hearts or dollar signs in them. "And wh-what do you want in return?"

"...an introduction to your Enforcer commander. I think his name is Feral?"

"That's all?" said Manx, rising to his knees. He looks perplexed to be getting so much for so little.

"That's all," said Katrina, kissing her ferret's cheek.

"I, um, well..." blubbered Manx, composing himself, getting off the desk and trying to look dignified. "Consider it done."

"Grand!" said Katrina, rising to go. "Otto?"

Her maroon-uniformed chauffeur, who'd stood stiffly in the shadowy part of the office behind her, stepped forward and strode like a soldier towards the Mayor. Manx reflexively stuck his hand out for a shake. Instead, Otto reached inside his tunic and produced an embroidered check for well more than $50 million, bearing Katrina Moorkroft's signature. He sticks it in Manx's outstretched hand.

"A pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Mayor," said Katrina. From her purse she removed a compact and opened it, and seemed to react to some imperceptible imperfection in her beautiful face. She seemed suddenly eager to go. Manx wasn't paying attention, too busy staring at the numbers on the check. "I must be off."

Otto, ever alert, was instantly at the door, opening it for her.

"Goodnight, Mr. Mayor," said Katrina as she disappeared through the door like a wraith.

"Oh, uh, bye..." said Manx, still not looking up from the check.

Otto, lingering, snorted snobbishly at the greedy Mayor before departing after his employer, slamming the door.

"Whuhh-whuhh-whuuhhhhhhh..." Manx wheezed, and fainted after the amount written on the check finally hit him.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Leon Mane
Resident
United States of America

Re: Megakat City's New Benefactor

Post by Leon Mane » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:44 pm

I imagine Manx calling Callie in and showing her the check, and pulling a Danny DeVito from Twins. 'I mean, just say it! Fifty mmmillion dollars!' He'd parade that check around before cashing it, praising himself for 'Talking Miss Moorkroft into such a generous donation' like it was a life or death negotiation, but only he could have pulled it off, and did so with no effort whatsoever. In his mind, Manx sees himself as Feral's height and build, with perfect hair, sparkling teeth, and a masterfully tailored suit. Voiced by Sean Connery, and just as unflappable.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: Megakat City's New Benefactor

Post by Kooshmeister » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:51 am

Leon Mane wrote:In his mind, Manx sees himself as Feral's height and build, with perfect hair, sparkling teeth, and a masterfully tailored suit. Voiced by Sean Connery, and just as unflappable.
Great, now someone has to draw that. "Manx's self-image." ManxSmile
0 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)