A Tail of Two Vipers

SWAT Kats related fan fiction can be posted here.
marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: A Tail of Two Vipers

Post by marklungo » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:44 pm

After expecting the Viper clone to kill his victims, it's nice to see that they've all survived (so far).

When the Command and the businessman get married, what kind of gifts would they like? A fondue set sounds good.

Waiting for the inevitable scene of the two Vipers meeting.

Wonder what'll happen to Brian when the world learns that he's responsible for Megakat City's latest monster? Also wondering if he'll heroically sacrifice himself to stop the creature.
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:54 pm

marklungo wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:44 pm
After expecting the Viper clone to kill his victims, it's nice to see that they've all survived (so far).
I'm trying not to be too gratuitous, heh. Considering how he slashes and bites, anyone he killed would die quite violently - way too violently for SWAT Kats. I guess he could swallow someone whole, but that's its own kind of gratuitous. ViperLaughCait
marklungo wrote:
When the Command and the businessman get married, what kind of gifts would they like? A fondue set sounds good.
They could be just casually dating. RazSilly
marklungo wrote:
Waiting for the inevitable scene of the two Vipers meeting.
Fear not, it'll happen. ViperSMile
marklungo wrote:
Wonder what'll happen to Brian when the world learns that he's responsible for Megakat City's latest monster?
It actually isn't my intention to dwell on that too much. Since if Brian is implicated, so is Dr. Belljar. He's just as much to blame. He took the tail from the crime scene, after all, something he really wasn't supposed to do. But I suppose the two of them will have to come clean one way or another...
marklungo wrote:
Also wondering if he'll heroically sacrifice himself to stop the creature.
Likely not.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:56 am

ACT III

EXT. CITY STREET "C" - NIGHT

We see the Viper-thing skulking along the side of the street. A light drizzle has started up again. There's another flash of lightning and a more subtle boom of thunder overheard. Growling angrily, illuminated by the lightning, the thing overturns a car, twists a streetlight until it bends down towards the ground, then, huffing and puffing, spies a manhole cover. Something seems to stir in its mind.

SAVAGE VIPER
The sssewer... yesss...

Walking into the street, he goes to the cover and lifts it. A car drives up, screeches to a halt, tires skidding on the wet pavement, the DRIVER honking his horn. Bathed in the car's headlights, the monster turns and flings the manhole cover like a Frisbee. The driver ducks and the cover smashes through the windshield, sails over the tops of the seats, and exits the back window, clattering noisily to the wet street along with a generous helping of glass shards. Sitting up, trembling, the driver watches frozen in horror as the Viper-thing growls and then leaps down into the open sewer like an Olympic diver.

INT. SEWER - STORM TUNNEL

Safe now down in the sewers, the beast relaxes. He sniffs the air, tail lashing, then turns his head to the right and stares off down the tunnel. It's dark. There's a few lights affixed to the wall, but most are burned out. Growling, the ersatz Dr. Viper turns and heads off that way, tromping through ankle-deep mucky water, his big, thick, powerful tail lashing out behind him.

EXT. JAKE N' CHANCE'S GARAGE - NIGHT

The drizzly rain pours down over the building.

T-BONE
(O.S.)
What?!

INT. HANGAR - MAIN AREA

The SWAT Kats, along with Cybertron, are standing in the room. Razor is by a worktable with a CB radio on it. T-Bone stands a little more to one side, with Cybertron. It's obvious the two just walked in. Or rolled in, in Cybertron's case.

T-BONE
Don't tell me that mutated freak got loose again...!

RAZOR
So much for Viper not making a monkey out of you again.
(giving the radio a pat)
But I heard it right here on the radio. I've got it tuned to the Enforcer band.
Last edited by Kooshmeister on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:25 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:56 am
The driver ducks and the cover smashes through the windshield, sails over the tops of the seats, and exits the back window, clattering noisily to the wet street along with a generous helping of glass shards.
Hope the driver didn't get injured too seriously (or at all).
Kooshmeister wrote:
Sitting up, trembling, the driver watches frozen in horror as the Viper-thing growls and then leaps down into the open sewer like an Olympic diver.
Kooshmeister wrote:
T-BONE
Don't tell me that mutated freak got loose again...!
"Good news, T-Bone! This time, it's a different mutated freak!"
Kooshmeister wrote:
(giving he radio a pat)
Found a typo.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:41 pm

marklungo wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:25 pm
Hope the driver didn't get injured too seriously (or at all).
If he did, I would've said so. RazSilly
marklungo wrote:
Oy... TboneLaughCait
marklungo wrote:
Found a typo.
Oops...

Anyway... onward!

Razor turns the dial.

RAZOR
Have a listen for yourself.

The radio crackles a bit. T-Bone blinks. Cybertron rolls forward with intense interest.

ENFORCER DISPATCHER
(on the radio)
Say again, Unit 4. You said what...?

OFF-DUTY COMMANDO
(on the radio)
I said it looked like Dr. Viper! Only bigger and stronger, and a whole lot meaner! By the way, I need an ambulance here outside the Scratchin' Post. There's some crook who Viper, or whoever he was, tried to turn into a hood ornament and he's hurt pretty bad.

ENFORCER DISPATCHER
(on the radio, a little taken aback)
The Scratchin' Post? What were you doing there?

OFF-DUTY COMMANDO
(on the radio)
Nevermind, just get an ambulance here, pronto!

Cybertron continues listening, while T-Bone goes and turns on the big screen on the wall over by his and Razor's lockers. It's muted currently, but we can see ANN GORA talking into her microphone, standing holding an umbrella on the sidewalk near where Mario and Heidi got attacked. Ticker tape style scrolling text at the bottom reads "Citizens attack! Dr. Viper at large?" The chatter continues on the radio.

ENFORCER
(on the radio)
This is Unit 5! I got a situation just down the street! Some guy says Dr. Viper, or what looked like Dr. Viper, put a manhole cover through his windshield!

FELINA
(on the radio)
This is Lieutenant Feral! Responding immediately!

Razor frowns and strokes his chin, disturbed.

RAZOR
Could Viper have escaped from the Enforcer lab?

T-BONE
(futzing with the remote)
Probably. Those guys have lousy security.
(irritated)
Razor, what'd you do with this thing? I can't un-mute the dang TV!

Now, Ann is sticking her microphone in Lieutenant Commander Steel's face on the screen. Callie and some commandos hover behind the Lieutenant Commander. One of the commandos is holding an umbrella over his superior. Callie has a slicker with the collar turned up and is holding her own umbrella. The other commandos, including the one keeping the rain off of Steel, just stand miserably in the drizzle, but are stone-faced and impassive. Steel and Ann converse inaudibly, but it's obvious she is grilling the him and not only isn't Steel being terribly forthcoming with his answers, but being extremely defensive. He golds his hands up in a placating gesture, palms out, looking offended, while Ann looks irritated and combative. Callie rolls her eyes.

T-BONE
Grrr, stupid thing. What'd you do to it?

RAZOR
(distracted)
Nothing, hang on. I'm more concerned about this.

ENFORCER DISPATCHER
(on the radio)
I'm tellin' you guys, it can't be Viper, he's locked up tight in the--

Cybertron, having interpreted Razor's words about concern meaning he is upset by the radio or by what is being said, reaches over and turns it off. Click. Razor sighs and pats his head, then they go and stand beside T-Bone.

RAZOR
I didn't do anything to the remote. Cybertron reprogrammed it. Let him use him.

T-Bone hands the remote to the little robot and he clicks a random button. Now the TV plays sound.

ANN
(on TV)
But how can it be Dr. Viper, Lieutenant?

STEEL
(on TV)
Lieutenant Commander. And it can't be. He's locked up in our bio-tech lab undergoing rigorous study by some of the finest scientists the Enforcers have to offer.

T-BONE
That ain't sayin' much...

RAZOR
Sshhh! I'm sure that Konway guy knows what he's doing.

ANN
(on TV)
Then who or what is this creature that's been terrorizing our street's tonight?

STEEL
(on TV)
That I can't comment on. But it's probably one of his creations. But rest assured, the Enforcers are on it.

He turns and points at the camera (and the audience).

STEEL
(on TV)
Rest assured, citizens of Megakat City! This Dr. Viper imposter will be captured!
(lowering his finger and turning back to Ann)
Why, already the Commander's own niece, Lieutenant Felina Feral, one of our finest officers, is on the case!
(eager to end the interview)
Anyway, I've got more important things to do.
(to the commandos)
Let's go. And keep that blasted umbrella over my head, will you?

COMMANDO #6
(sighs)
Yes, Lieutenant Commander...

Steel marches primly off, his attendant commando following to try and match his pace and keep the umbrella over him. The other Enforcers follow them at a distance. Ann Gora now turns her attention to Callie.

ANN
(on TV)
Deputy Mayor Briggs, any comment?

CALLIE
(on TV)
Besides the fact the weather is wet and miserable?
(chuckles)
Firstly, the Mayor's office would like to issue an official statement saying that Mayor Manx would like to express his sympathies to those who've been attacked and hurt, as well as his relief that no one was killed. Furthermore, the Mayor has complete confidence in the Enforcers.

She glances after Steel.

CALLIE
(on TV, a little inaudible)
Most of them, anyway.

ANN
(on TV)
What was that, Deputy Mayor?

CALLIE
(on TV)
Nothing, Ann. I just want to reiterate that Mayor Manx believes Commander Feral and his forces can bring this unknown criminal to justice.
(smiles)
And on a personal note, if they can't handle the situation, I'm sure the SWAT Kats can.

Razor turns the TV off.

RAZOR
Well, good buddy, looks like that's our cue.

T-BONE
(jerking a thumb at Cybertron)
Are we bringing the tin can?

Cybertron makes a few offended beeps.

RAZOR
(laughing)
He could be useful. He put up a good fight against the Pastmaster's giant mummies. And he did help us out against your crazy ex-girlfriend.

T-BONE
(conceding)
Fine, fine. Let's go.
(to the robot)
Get in, ya cute little hunk a' junk. We're goin' snake-huntin'.

The three head off to the jet.

EXT. MEGAKAT BIOCHEMICAL LABS - NIGHT

More drizzle. Lightning flashes.

INT. MEGAKAT BIOCHEMICAL LABS - MAIN LAB

A pair of WORKERS are replacing the broken glass in the window.

FERAL
(O.S.)
You did what?!

INT. MEGAKAT BIOCHEMICAL LABS - ADMINISTRATOR'S OFFICE

Dr. Belljar sits behind his desk. His assistant Brian all but cowers behind his high-backed leather office chair. Commander Feral looms large as he stands before the desk, wringing his baton. Lightning flashes again outside the window.

FERAL
Why would you do such a thing...?

BELLJAR
My assistant--

FERAL
(cutting him off)
Can speak for himself!

He points with his baton.

FERAL
Out with it.

BRIAN
(nervous)
I, well, I was w-working on my own perfected version of the original Viper Mutagen. I thought that the flaw wasn't in Zyme's original formula but in Elrod Purvis' genetic structure.

FERAL
(clearly dubious)
What do you mean? Like an "evil gene?"

BRIAN
Well... I t-tried to prove my theory by injecting my perfected formula into Viper's severed tail. I thought if I could turn it back into an ordinary kat tail...

He trails off. Belljar palms his face. Feral growls and smacks the desk surface with his baton.

FERAL
You idiot!

Swiveling in the chair, Belljar eyes Brian.

BELLJAR
And you weren't even working from the right notes.

Rising, he goes to a portrait of Zyme on the wall. It has a plaque reading "Newton Zyme, 1957-1993" on it. Belljar lays a hand on its frame.

BELLJAR
You were using Zyme's old notes. Before Zyme's... untimely accident, he copied his notes onto new paper and I think he mentioned that he made a few adjustments to his notes. Those notes are kept in a safe behind this painting. The ones Brian used were the old ones.
(turning back to them)
Whatever "adjustments" you made, it was to Zyme's original, unchanged, flawed formula... and it's obvious it made things much worse.

BRIAN
(defensive)
But how was I supposed to know the tail would grow into an entirely new creature?

Commander Feral rolls his eyes.

FERAL
(annoyed)
You're a scientist in Megakat City. And this is Dr. Viper we're talking about. Or a piece of him, anyway. You should expect the unexpected and take precautions.

Frowning, he addresses Dr. Belljar.

FERAL
Where did you even get the tail...? We didn't find it at the crime scene.

BELLJAR
Um...

The telephone rings. Startled, Belljar runs over and answers it.

BELLJAR
(into the phone)
Megakat Biochemical Labs. Dr. Belljar speaking.
(listens a moment)
It's for you, Commander. It's someone at Enforcer Headquarters.

He holds the receiver out to Feral, who takes it.

FERAL
(into the phone)
Feral.
(frowns, listening)
What? Don't let them land, you--

EXT. ENFORCER HEADQUARTERS - NIGHT

The Turbokat is touching down on the runway. A CREW CHIEF is on the phone, sheltering from the rain in a small office just off the main tarmac. We can see him through the brightly lit window.

CREW CHIEF
(into the phone)
It's a bit late for that, sir.

INT. ENFORCER HEADQUARTERS - RUNWAY OFFICE

Twirling the phone cord around his finger, the crew chief watches through the drizzle-slicked glass of the window as T-Bone and Razor get out of the jet, followed by Cybertron, who emerges from the lowered bomb bay boarding ramp.

CREW CHIEF
(into the phone)
They just landed and they're getting out.
(puzzled)
And they've got a weird little robot with 'em...

INT. MEGAKAT BIOCHEMICAL LABS - ADMINISTRATOR'S OFFICE

Feral scowls.

FERAL
(into the phone)
Great. Keep them there but do not, I repeat, do not let them into the building until I get there! Goodbye.

He slams the phone down, then turns to the two scientists.

FERAL
It appears I have some unexpected guests back at Headquarters. As for you two, I'll deal with your colossal blunders later.

Giving a dismissive gesture with his baton, he leaves the room, slamming the door. Belljar and Brian flinch and look at one another. Belljar sighs.
Last edited by Kooshmeister on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:27 pm

Yay! Cybertron is back, still on the run from his ultimate enemies -- the Hasbro lawyers. TboneLaughCait
Kooshmeister wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:41 pm
ENFORCER DISPATCHER
(on the radio, a little taken aback)
The Scratchin' Post? What were you doing there?
"What was I doing there? I was enjoying a nice healthy cup of MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!"
Kooshmeister wrote:
T-BONE
(futzing with the remote)
Probably. Those guys have lousy security.
"And I can relate! Remember when the Metallikats found our hangar, almost killed us, and then escaped?"
Kooshmeister wrote:
RAZOR
I didn't do anything to the remote. Cybertron reprogrammed it. Let him use him.
Cybertron has good intentions, but he should learn to ask permission first. Also, another typo.
Kooshmeister wrote:
CALLIE
(on TV, a little inaudible)
Most of them, anyway.
Callie does realize people can hear her, right? Who knows, maybe her little asides endear her to the citizens of Megakat City.
Kooshmeister wrote:
T-BONE
(to the robot)
Get in, ya cute little hunk a' junk. We're goin' snake-huntin'.
There's something about those lines of dialogue that is just so T-Bone.
Kooshmeister wrote:
BRIAN
(nervous)
I, well, I was w-working on my own perfected version of the original Viper Mutagen. I thought that the flaw wasn't in Zyme's original formula but in Elrod Purvis' genetic structure.

FERAL
(clearly dubious)
What do you mean? Like an "evil gene?"

BRIAN
Well... I t-tried to prove my theory by injecting my perfected formula into Viper's severed tail. I thought if I could turn it back into an ordinary kat tail...
"Now that I say it out loud, it does sound pretty stupid, doesn't it? My bad."
Kooshmeister wrote:
He trails off. Belljar palms his face. Viper growls and smacks the desk surface with his baton.
So when did Viper get a baton? ViperLaughCait
Kooshmeister wrote:
BELLJAR
And you weren't even working from the right notes.
Continuity! Cool!
Kooshmeister wrote:
FERAL
Where did you even get the tail...? We didn't find it at the crime scene.

BELLJAR
Um...

The telephone rings. Startled, Belljar runs over and answers it.
Saved by the bell...jar.
Kooshmeister wrote:
FERAL
(into the phone)
Great. Keep them there but do not, I repeat, do not let them into the building until I get there! Goodbye.
Uh oh, missing word.

Anyway, I continue to enjoy the story, Koosh! Keep up the good work.
0 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:12 pm

marklungo wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:27 pm
Yay! Cybertron is back, still on the run from his ultimate enemies -- the Hasbro lawyers. TboneLaughCait
He's been back. I introduced him back in the scene with the simulator. RazHappy
marklungo wrote:
"What was I doing there? I was enjoying a nice healthy cup of MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!"
I just thought it'd be funny if the dispatcher was surprised about where the commando, who he obviously knows, hangs out.
marklungo wrote:
"And I can relate! Remember when the Metallikats found our hangar, almost killed us, and then escaped?"
Well, that only happened the one time... still, I supposed I can add an exchange like:

RAZOR
Hey, we're not exactly top-notch ourselves, pal. Remember when the Metallikats got in?

T-BONE
(whining, defensive)
Aw, but that was just the one time...!
marklungo wrote:
Cybertron has good intentions, but he should learn to ask permission first.
That's kind his character trait, at least when I write him. He's kind of befuddled by human--er, feline interactions and just does things.
marklungo wrote:
Also, another typo.
Bah! RazDumbfounded
marklungo wrote:
Callie does realize people can hear her, right? Who knows, maybe her little asides endear her to the citizens of Megakat City.
That was mostly for the audience audience's benefit, or in this case, the readers'. Besides, she isn't terribly shy about letting people know her true feelings. CallieIcon1
marklungo wrote:
There's something about those lines of dialogue that is just so T-Bone.
Thanks, I had fun writing it. I'm trying to show T-Bone gradually warming to Cybertron in his own gruff, grumbly way. TboneSmile
marklungo wrote:
"Now that I say it out loud, it does sound pretty stupid, doesn't it? My bad."
The same can be said for a lot of the "science" in SWAT Kats. RazLaugh
marklungo wrote:
So when did Viper get a baton? ViperLaughCait
"Sssince I became sssupreme marshal of Megassswamp City! .... Or Koosh jussst goofed up again!" ViperLaughCait
marklungo wrote:
Continuity! Cool!
Yep, gotta take the Christmas episode into account.
marklungo wrote:
Saved by the bell...jar.
I was thinking about making that pun. Not the jar part, though. TboneLaughCait
marklungo wrote:
Uh oh, missing word.
Bah! RazAnnoyed
marklungo wrote:
Anyway, I continue to enjoy the story, Koosh! Keep up the good work.
Thanks! Here's some more!

EDIT: Fixed the typos you pointed out.

EXT. ENFORCER HEADQUARTERS - NIGHT

Feral's chopper swoops towards the runway.

FERAL
This is just great... just what I need.

The chopper lowers itself. As the rotors wind down, Feral gets out, turning his coat collar against the drizzle. He stands in the side door of the helicopter as he looks at the sleek black beauty that is the Turbokat with a mixture of irritation and admiration.

FERAL
The blasted SWAT Kats at my Enforcer Headquarters! Again!

Then his boots touch the wet tarmac and he looks around. He sees the crew chief running towards him.

FERAL
Well? Where are they?

CREW CHIEF
I'm sorry, sir, I couldn't stop them...!

With a growl, Feral charges off across the runway towards the door leading inside. The chief and various other RUNWAY CREW MEMBERS and MECHANICS watch him go. A couple of commandos guarding the door look at one another.

COMMANDO #7
Boy, the Commander sure seems angry!

COMMANDO #8
I would be too if my biggest rivals just waltzed on into my place for the third time.

A beat.

COMMANDO #8
You don't think he'll blame us, do you...?

His partner looks at him.

COMMANDO #7
Nah, don't worry about it. The SWAT Kats are on our side, much as the Commander might hate 'em. Besides, they had that cute robot with 'em!

He smiles. We pan away from them. Cut to a wider shot of the runway, then slowly pan down the building to the front steps leading to to the entrance.

COMMANDO #7
(O.S.)
But if anyone, or anything, really bad tried to get it...

Cut to a shot of a manhole cover situated across from the entrance.

COMMANDO #7
...we'd stop 'im for sure!

The manhole cover lifts. An approaching car makes it lower again. When the car passes, splashing up a puddle, it raises a gain and two glowing red eyes peek out. A close shot of two eyes in a light green face with a darker green brown tightly knit in anger and frustration. Then from the unseen creature's P.O.V., we see Callie Briggs' dark green car pull up and stop behind Mayor Manx's long white limo. Still wearing her slicker, Callie gets out. Shutting her door, she opens her umbrella and rushes up the steps. The glowing red eyes watch her go and we hear a growl, then, like a noxious green puddle, Dr. Viper's mushroom monster oozes out onto the street. He's promptly run over by a truck, splatters everywhere, and quickly reconstitutes himself into his original puddle shape. With a growl of irritation, he continues across the street and up the steps, then forces his way in through a crack in the building's foundation.

INT. ENFORCER HEADQUARTERS - BIO-TECH LAB

The collared Viper paces irritably in his cage. He's still naked and his ear is still tagged. His tail is more regrown than before and his eyes aren't glowing as much, but he's still very obviously enraged and impatient. We pull back through the bars to a small group: Dr. Konway and some ENFORCER SCIENTISTS stand watching their captive pace, and behind them and slightly to one side stand the SWAT Kats along with Cybertron. Commando #3 and Commando #4 (the ones Feral told to guard the lab) and a very worried-looking Mayor Manx complete the little group watching Viper like he's animal in a zoo.

KONWAY
(gesturing at the cage)
As you can plainly see, SWAT Kats, he's locked up tight.

With a beep, Cybertron rolls forwards. A little startled by him, Viper backs up a bit, glowering. The robot stares in at the caged villain, then turns and gives a questioning beep at the SWAT Kats, Razor in particular.

RAZOR
Take it easy, little buddy. Don't waste your sympathy on that snake. He deserves to be caged up.

T-BONE
Yeah, that's Dr. Viper! He and his freakish mutated monsters have killed quite a few innocent people in this burg!

Cybertron continues beeping and booping.

KONWAY
(to Razor)
Translation?

RAZOR
He just wanted to know why Viper's locked up, is all. I told him why.

KONWAY
(a little uncertain)
I see.
(it's obvious that he doesn't)
You understand him?

T-BONE
Sorta...

The big SWAT Kat scratches the back of his neck.

T-BONE
Professor Hackle didn't program him to speak... or provide us with any kinda translation guide. So Razor and I just sorta... what's the word?

RAZOR
Extrapolate? Infer? Interpret?

T-BONE
Yeah, that, based on situation, how he acts, that kinda stuff.

Razor walks forward and lays a hand on Cybertron's shoulder.

RAZOR
In this case, it was obvious he was concerned about Viper, or at least interested in him, when he rolled over to the cage like that, and his, uh, "beeps," I guess you could call 'em, had a questioning, even kinda sad tone. It was obvious he felt sorry for the sicko Doc.

Viper looks a little taken aback at the idea that the robot pities him. He isn't sure to be touched or disgusted. T-Bone crosses his arms.

T-BONE
At least someone does.

Viper's mood darkens. His mostly regrown tail lashes angrily.

T-BONE
Aw, did I hurt the big bad Doc Viper's widdle feelings?

Razor steps away from Cybertron and grabs T-Bone's arm.

RAZOR
Easy, T-Bone. Tone it down.

T-BONE
(annoyed)
Or what? You heard the Doc! Snakeface ain't goin' anywhere!

RAZOR
Still...

Konway smirks.

KONWAY
Your friend is right, SWAT Kat. Dr. Viper is our prisoner - our specimen - and he's been right here in this cage this entire time.

Viper turns and hisses at them, eyes glowing a little brighter.

KONWAY
(dryly)
And very ill-tempered, I must say.
(all business again)
So he can't be the creature that's terrorizing Megakat City right now.

FERAL
(O.S.)
I can confirm that he isn't!

They turn. Feral, greatcoat a little damp, walks in, leaving wet bootprints on the floor. Konway and the other scientists eye these with some irritation but keep their mouths shut.

COMMANDO #3
You see? He didn't get past us!

COMMANDO #4
Yeah, we were guardin' 'im real good, like you said!

FERAL
Just like I told you.
(angry)
But you did let the SWAT Kats in!

The commandos flinch.

FERAL
Both of you, the two at the runway door outside, the runway crew chief and his entire team... everyone's getting a good talking to about proper security around here once this is all over! Including you, Konway! I don't recall authorizing you to give guided tours to wanted criminals!

Konway stiffens and doesn't respond, assuming a pose of injured dignity. Behind Feral, Callie enters quietly, closed umbrella in hand. Suddenly, Feral notices Cybertron.

FERAL
(pointing)
And what in the world is that thing?

CALLIE
(from behind him)
His name is Cybertron.

Feral turns and regards her. Manx smiles.

MANX
Ah, Callie! How good of you to join us.

Cybertron moves away from Viper's cage and rolls over to Callie, looking up at her. He gives an affectionate beep.

CALLIE
Professor Hackle built him to help the SWAT Kats protect Megakat City. He saved me once.

She pets the little robots head. He gives a pleasant little beep.

CALLIE
He was very heroic. He couldn't prevent me from being kidnapped, but he took a blast from one of the Pastmaster's giant mummies to save the lives of me and two others.

FERAL
Ah, yes. Now I remember. The runway crew chief did mention you two arrived with a robot.
(glancing over at T-Bone and Razor)
He also helped you SWAT Kats take on Turmoil at her Cloud Fortress after she escaped from Alkatraz and got ahold of the Mega-Beam, didn't he?
(grumbles, then turns back to Cybertron)
And he was built by Professor Hackle. Feh! Well, ordinarily I wouldn't trust that old wacko's judgment when it comes to robots, considering he "gifted" the world with the Metallikats, but since short stuff here did save you and help out against Turmoil, and Hackle was the one who gave me the Neural Neutralizer to use against the Manges...
(sighs)
He can stay.
(glowering)
And so can you SWAT Kats. For now. Besides, I've got bigger problems than you two idiots tromping around in my Enforcers' top secret lab!

Dr. Viper comes to the bars of his cage, gripping them with interest.

FERAL
(turning to the others)
Like I said, it definitely isn't Dr. Viper who's running loose out. It's someone... something... else. I've just come back from Megakat Biochemical Labs, and I just had a very interesting conversation with Dr. Belljar and his assistant.
Last edited by Kooshmeister on Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:05 am

EXT. CITY STREET "C" - NIGHT

As the rain comes down a little harder again, a group of Enforcers stand around the open manhole along with the driver of the car. Steel still has Commando #6 holding an umbrella over his head. Felina has her helmet on and like the other Enforcers is just letting the water come down on her. The car driver hasn't been provided an umbrella and is just positively soaked. He tugs his jacket tightly around himself and sniffles.

DRIVER
He - it, whatever - went down in here.

STEEL
We'll just have to go in after him. Lieutenant!

FELINA
Yes sir?

STEEL
I hyped you up on the news as the finest Enforcer we've got to offer. Was I wrong?

Felina frowns, not liking where this is going.

FELINA
No sir.

STEEL
Good. Get down there and flush that mutated freak out.

Ann and Jonny stand under an awning nearby, trying to stay out of the rain.

ANN
I wish I could make out what they're saying. I'd just walk up and stick my microphone in Steel's face, but for once he doesn't seem interested in smiling for the news cameras.

Back over at the manhole, the Enforcers continue discussing their plan of action.

FELINA
Well, you're coming with us, aren't you, sir?

Steel gulps.

STEEL
Me? Go down into the sewer? B-But that's grunt work...

FELINA
(coldly)
You want my uncle's job, don't you...?

The Lieutenant Commander stiffens and scowls. That hit a nerve. Commando #6 (the one holding his umbrella) turns and looks at him, but doesn't say anything.

STEEL
You're out of line, Lieutenant Feral!

FELINA
Do you or don't you...?

Steel looks down at his feet.

STEEL
(mostly to himself)
Well, someday...

FELINA
Then man up and come with us. Or should I go and tell that reporter over there that you're chickening out?

Steel whips his gaze up and glares at her.

STEEL
You wouldn't dare...!

FELINA
Watch me!

STEEL
Your uncle, the Commander--

FELINA
(cutting him off)
Would agree with me. I'm going down in there because you ordered me to, sir, but if you don't come with me, I'm going to make sure everyone from the Commander to whoever happens to be watching Kat's Eye News at the time know what a cowardly little weasel you are.

So saying, she hefts not her laser rifle but a tranquilizer gun and leaps down into the open manhole. One by one, the other Enforcers follow her. Unlike her, they're armed with conventional laser rifles. Steel hesitates, then turns to Commando #6.

STEEL
(nervous)
G-Get me a tactical vest. And a sidearm! A-And a rifle! And a tranquilizer gun! Just get me everything!

He looks down into the black hole yawning beneath him.

STEEL
(gulps)
And a f-f-flashlight...

COMMANDO #6
Yes sir!

He rushes off, taking the umbrella with him. Steel sighs as he gets rained on. Over under the awning, Ann and Jonny watch with intense interest.

ANN
Looks like something's happening!

JONNY
(wary)
I know that tone in your voice, Annie. Y-You're not thinkin' about followin' em, are ya?

ANN
(grinning)
You bet I am! Come on! We'll wait until they've all gone down and then we'll go in after 'em!
1 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:08 am

Not much to say here, except...

1. I love seeing Callie being so nice to Cybertron. To me, such moments are the essence of her character.

2. Maybe Steel should start angling for a desk job. He's obviously not cut out for field work.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 am

INT. ENFORCER HEADQUARTERS - BIO-TECH LAB

Having dried off a bit, Commander Feral has finished explaining what he learned at Megakat Biochemical Labs to his assembled audience. Outside the lab windows, we can see that the storm is letting up a bit and the first gray light of morning is beginning to peek over the tops of the distant skyscrapers.

FERAL
(finishing up)
...and that's when I rushed here as fast as I could.
(eyeing the SWAT Kats)
Once I learned you clowns were here.

T-Bone looks like he shares Feral's anger at the scientists' recklessness. But he keeps his arms firmly crossed, disliking the way the Commander finished his story.

T-BONE
Don't you have any new material? Jerks, clowns, hotshots, vigilantes... think up some new insults for us, or don't bother, I say.

Feral growls and takes a step forward, baton in one hand, the other balled up into a massive fist. Commando #3 and Commando #4 look ready to leap in and restrain their superior, as T-Bone slowly uncrosses his arms. Beeping angrily, Cybertron rolls towards them. Callie covers her mouth. Manx just looks worried and fretful as usually. Konway and the other Enforcer lab personnel hang back a bit. Uncovering her mouth, Callie assumes an air of righteous indignation.

CALLIE
You two should be ashamed of yourselves! Picking petty fights while the citizens of Megakat City are in danger!

Feral keeps walking over. Cybertron rolls over and stops beside him, looking up at him in what we are interpret as a somewhat threatening manner. The commandos behind Feral are unsure if they ought to restrain their enraged superior or protect him from the robot. Feral, for his part, is ignoring Cybertron, laser-focused on T-Bone.

T-BONE
(pointing at Feral)
Well, he started it!

CALLIE
And you rose to the bait!

She gives the big SWAT Kat an annoyed shove. He doesn't budge. There wasn't much force behind it. But he still looks upset that Callie is chastising him. Meanwhile, Feral continues walking towards T-Bone, clenching his fist tighter. At this, Cybertron tenses. So do the commandos.

FERAL
You reckless and irresponsible hotshots have no respect for authority, needling me any chance you get!

In response, Cybertron grabs Commander Feral's coat sleeve.

FERAL
(surprised)
Hey!

Razor, seeming intrigued, and who has been lost in thought, absorbing what Feral has just told them, to the point where he is either unaware of or ignoring Feral's crack about them as well as T-Bone's response to it, inadvertently stops what could be a really ugly argument before it starts. Or at least before it gets worse.

RAZOR
So, a second Dr. Viper?

Feral stops, and blinks. Hesitating a moment, Cybertron senses that the situation has been diffused and releases the sleeve of the Commander's greatcoat. Slowly, Feral lowers his fist and straightens, taking a step back from T-Bone. The two commandos relax.

FERAL
Yes. That's what I just got done explaining.

CALLIE
And one that's bigger and meaner than the original.

MANX
Godfrey! My beautiful city is doomed! Doomed, I tell you!

They hear a chuckle. There's been another member of Commander Feral's audience who has been listening raptly to his story about what happened with his severed tail, even if he only did because he was within earshot. Feral was most definitely not directing anything he said to the caged Dr. Viper on the other side of the room. Gripping the bars, he narrows his eyes, flicking his forked tongue out a couple of times as everyone else turns and looks at him.

T-BONE
And just what're you laughin' at, Snake-face?

VIPER
(cackles)
Your hypocrisssy, for one thing. You accussse our good Commander Feral of lacking any original insssultsss... and yet your dull-witted mind can only think of ssso many things to call me!

RAZOR
(not buying it)
I'll grant you that T-Bone doesn't exactly think clearly when he's mad...

T-BONE
Hey!

RAZOR
(ignoring him)
...and that he does think to start thinking of better insults, but I doubt that's the real reason you're laughin', there, Doc. What's the matter? You don't think your hulked-out twin brother is dangerous?

VIPER
Quite the contrary, Razor.

Letting go of the bars, Viper turns to one side so the others see him in profile, folding his thin arms behind his back, hands clasped, assuming the air of a professor giving a lecture. His now almost entirely regrown tail lashes and thumps against the floor of the cage.

VIPER
He isss very dangerous! Jussst not the sssame way I am. He isss a pale imitation of the original.

Taking one arm out from behind his back, Dr. Viper lays his hand proudly against his bare chest, tilting his head back, eyes closed, considerable chin up, clearly very full of himself. That gets a collective raised eyebrow. Commando #3 even raises the visor of his helmet, letting us see his eyes. He keeps his hand there, holding the visor up. T-Bone and Razor exchange glances, then Razor snaps his fingers and he and T-Bone look back at Viper, approaching the cage, though maintaining a respectful distance. Cybertron accompanies them. On the table, T-Bone picks up a book about snakes and thumbs through it, more out of a desire to make Viper seem like he isn't interested than out of any particular interest in the subject matter.

RAZOR
I think I understand what Dr. No-Pants here is getting at.

Viper's mouth twists into a scowl. Opening his eyes, he tilts his head forward again.

VIPER
Dr. No-Pantsss...?! Why you--!

RAZOR
(ignoring him)
Commander, this imitation Viper thing...

He turns to Feral.

RAZOR
...based on what we've learned about him, he just seems like a big angry ball of rage and hatred.

T-BONE
(glancing up from the book)
Kinda like Feral before he's had his coffee in the morning.

Feral glowers.

RAZOR
(chuckles)
See? You're improving.
(turning serious again)
But like I said, he's just big and mean and strong. But is there anything behind all that?

CALLIE
You're right. Now that I think about it, everyone's encounter with him has been pretty much the same. He shows up, attacks them, breaks a lot of things, and then runs off.

RAZOR
Exactly! That tells me, as it must tell our "good friend" Dr. Viper here, that his clone or double or whatever you wanna call him, is severely lacking in the brains department. He may not even have a mind to speak of. Just nothing but directionless anger and wild instinct.
(turning back to Viper)
Am I on the money, there, Doc?

VIPER
Indeed. Highest marksss. I doubt he has my sssuperior intellect. Or any intellect to ssspeak of.

Coming forward again, he grips the bars of his cage and glares out at them.

VIPER
He'll sssimply roam around maiming, killing and dessstroying until you ssstop him. But good luck finding him. However...

He trails off.

T-BONE
However what?

VIPER
He may lack my ssscientific knowledge, but he might have sssome of my dim memoriesss. Meaning he might go where I might go. He might not necesssssarily do what I might do once he getssss there, but he'll go.
(smirks)
And I can guide you to him.

RAZOR
Fat chance!

T-Bone slams the book shut.

T-BONE
Yeah! No sale, you sorry excuse for a squamata serpentes.

Razor looks at his partner, who grins.

VIPER
That'sss not an insssult, that's nothing more than the ssscientific order of common vipersss.

T-BONE
Well, I tried.

He sets the book aside as Feral walks over.

FERAL
For once, I agree with the SWAT Kats. You're not going anywhere, Viper. If you want to cut some kind of deal, you can tell us where this supposedly substandard duplicate of you might go, but you're not leaving this lab. Or this cage.

So saying, he bangs on the bars with his baton. Suddenly, a squishy, slimy sound fills the room.

VIPER
Perhapsss... and perhapsss not!

Everyone turns as a huge green puddle slides out from under the door, rising up into a churning column of slime, and reforms itself into none other than the mushroom monster. Commando #3 releases his visor and it snaps shut over his eyes once again. He and Commando #4 heft their laser rifles and charge at the intruder, firing. From his cage, Viper hops up and down excitedly, tail thumping the floor.

VIPER
My liberation isss at hand!

The lasers fired by the Enforcers burn through the mutant's amorphous green flesh without seeming to cause any damage, though he does roar in pain. With a phlegmy snarl, the beast oozes forwards on his multiple thick tentacles that he uses for locomotion. The two further up his body, used as arms, grab and fling Commando #3 and #4 aside. Their guns fly from their hands. Commando #3 hits and overturns a table, spilling beakers, flasks and racks of test tubes to shatter on the floor. Commando #4 hits the floor over by the window.

That seen to, the mushroom monster continues crawling towards his objective: his caged master. Callie quickly moves out of the way, Manx cowering behind her as much as he can, though her slimmer figure makes a poor shield for him. But the monster isn't interested in them and just rushes past them.

Feral reaches inside his coat and draws his laser pistol. Behind him, Dr. Konway and the other scientists flee as one towards a door at the other end of the room. Taking him, Feral fires repeatedly. Like his commandos, every shot lands. But like them, the lasers just pass more or less harmlessly through the thing's highly malleable body. The Enforcer Commander growls in frustration.

VIPER
You foolsss can't kill him! He isss indessstructible!
(to the monster)
Get me out of here!

The mushroom monster reaches Feral, looms over him, then smacks him down with one huge arm tentacle. The Commander continues firing defiantly from the floor. Distracted from his purpose, the mushroom monster, eyes glowing red with fury at Feral's defiance, opens his huge maw wide to swallow him whole. Suddenly, a robotic hand on the end of a long cable swoops in and grabs ahold of the tentacle the monster had used to swat Feral to the floor. Growling, the thing turns and follows the cable which leads from the hand to... Cybertron! The robot beeps threateningly. The SWAT Kats leap in from one side, taking aim with their Glovatrixes.

RAZOR
Let him go, Cybertron! We got this!

The hand releases the tentacle and the cable retracts back into the robot like a tape measure. Recognizing he SWAT Kats, the mushroom monster is conflicted. He is angry at seeing them, and yet wary. But finally, his fury wins out, and he rushes at them.

RAZOR
Mini Freeze Missiles... away!

T-Bone and Razor launch little missiles that hit the approaching fungus creature and explode, enveloping him in a localized cloud of white vapor. When the mist clears, everyone is shocked to see Dr. Viper's would-be rescuer completely frozen solid! He's a great big shroom-cicle, an expression of wide-eyed surprise on his face. Feral gets up, collecting his pistol and baton, sticking the latter back insider the shoulder holster under his coat. His two dazed commandos also get to their gun and get their weapons. Commando #4 takes aim at the frozen monster with his laser rifle. Razor stops him.

RAZOR
I wouldn't. He'll just thaw out faster.

FERAL
The SWAT Kat is right.
(winces at having had to say that)
This is going to be one rotten day...
(to the commandos)
Get those scientists back in here and get this thing in some kind of containment unit.

COMMANDO #3/COMMANDO #4
(once more at the same time)
Yes sir!

They hurry off.

FERAL
So much for your jailbreak, Viper.

VIPER
(annoyed)
Feh... well, my offer ssstill ssstandsss...

FERAL
And I'm still rejecting it.

The door opens and SERGEANT TALON rushes in.

TALON
Sir.

He stops and salutes.

TALON
Lieutenant Commander Steel and Lieutenant Feral are leading a team into the sewer system. A witness claims he saw the Dr. Viper creature go down in there. And it seems as though that Kat's Eye News reporter and her cameraman went them, or at least followed them.

FERAL
What? Call them back! It could be dangerous!

TALON
I'm sorry, sir. But we can't raise them. It's possible that the tunnel walls are interfering with their radios.

Feral sighs and palms his face.

FERAL
Like I said. A rotten day. Well, snap to it, Sergeant! Find out where that tunnel comes out!
1 x