SWAT Kats with pupils

If your creative masterpiece doesn't fit in art or text... then place it here! (Music, custom helmets, cosplay)
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Re: SWAT Kats with pupils

Post by Rusakov » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:06 pm

EditorElohim wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:25 am
And while we're at it... How do those masks work, do they have holes for the eyes or holes with a more transparent fabric to be able to see but in the animation it looks white?
Maybe the bandanas have/are impregnated with materials that prevent others from seeing their pupils (to protect their identity) while allowing them to see perfectly fine. Like some refraction/reflection stuff?

Bleh, I'm not good at that stuff. :? Personally, I'll stick with repeating to myself "it's just a show, I should really just relax", instead. :P
0 x

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:29 pm

For the masks, maybe it's a kind of very fine mesh. Alternatively, it might be lenses like the ones used for mirrored sunglasses. Perfectly fine to look through one way, but from the outside it's just blank. Like the lenses from the Sam Raimi Spiderman costumes.

The eyes do look a little odd, but I think if anyone needs eyes, it's the Metallicats. Terminator eyes, like. Red behind the fake masks, just a couple of robotic eyeballs without, or maybe white glass with just the irises visible, in their original eye colors. I can see Molly with green eyes and Mac with blue. Have some POV shots and they get the same color overlay, again like Terminator (I love the series. The more recent stuff not so much love, but I wouldn't mind seeing them again.).

And this'll be the last on Space Jam (here, at least), if there's more anyone wants to bring up or talk about, either message me or make a topic and let me know. I'm not trying to be political about it. I liked the idea, but now it's just aggravating me that they're being so blatantly hypocritical about one subject, and so pandering on others. Hollywood needs to cool it about stuff like this and just make good movies again.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:58 am

Leon Mane wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:29 pm
The eyes do look a little odd, but I think if anyone needs eyes, it's the Metallicats. Terminator eyes, like.
Don't they already have that? They've always had red Terminator eyes.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:00 am

Terminator eyes had eyeballs. The Metallicats just have red lenses. I suppose just more distinction to know where they're looking. No pupils means there's no clue as to what they might be focusing on. The same applies to any character with solid colored eyes.
1 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:05 pm

Most of the villains lack pupils. It's kind of a motif. Red eyes without pupils on Mac and Molly helps indicate that they're robotic.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

Leon Mane
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Leon Mane » Sun May 02, 2021 3:23 am

True, but I'd still like to know where they're focusing their attention at times. Moments like Dark Kat knowing Feral was sneaking up on him would have been more ominous if his eyes ever so briefly flicked to one of his shoulders before Feral got caught. Sort of a "He really thinks he's got the drop on me." moment. Otherwise, new viewers really might think Feral was about to steal a win from the T-Bone and Razor. Not the best way to make Dark Kat seem like the master criminal genius he's built up to be.
1 x

TazKat
Long-Term Resident

Post by TazKat » Thu May 06, 2021 9:37 pm

Now remove everyone else's pupils ;-D
2 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

Echo
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Echo » Sat May 08, 2021 11:17 am

TazKat wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:37 pm
Now remove everyone else's pupils ;-D
HAHAHAHA....haha....hmmmmmm RazSilly