The MEGA SWAT Kast - Episode 2 - NOW AVAILABLE!

If your creative masterpiece doesn't fit in art or text... then place it here! (Music, custom helmets, cosplay)
MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

The MEGA SWAT Kast - Episode 2 - NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by MoDaD » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:06 pm

Special thanks to Sage and NeeKnight for lending their time, voices and talent again. We finished recording the second episode of The MEGA SWAT Kast over the weekend. Hopefully I'll manage to squeeze in some editing time this week. In the meantime, here's a preview:

I also managed to get a landing page up that has a couple of different ways to listen to the podcast. Make sure to bookmark this location: https://podcast.swatkats.info
7 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: The MEGA SWAT Kast - Episode 2 - Coming Soon

Post by marklungo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:31 am

Morbulus paid off the animators to let him instantly shed his costume? He should have paid them a little more so they wouldn't let Viper painfully transform him into a freakish monster. ViperSMile Seriously, I'm looking forward to this.
3 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Post by Cait » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:43 am

Looks like fun~! RazSilly
1 x

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by EricoBard » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:50 am

"Hey, I know what's a really good idea! I'll follow the confirmed top-class villain who MUTATES THINGS down into his sewer hideout. I'm sure that everything will be just fine and dandy. After all, it's not like he's going to see me only as some test subject, or..."

Ahh, the lack of common sense. Driving plots for 30 years.
3 x

Ty-Chou
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Ty-Chou » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:28 pm

Oh my gosh! You started your podcast! Radical! I was wondering if that was ever going to get off the ground.

I will have to listen to the first episode this weekend when I have the time. The second episode looks fun, too. I will keep an eye out for them!
3 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 am

EricoBard wrote:"Hey, I know what's a really good idea! I'll follow the confirmed top-class villain who MUTATES THINGS down into his sewer hideout. I'm sure that everything will be just fine and dandy. After all, it's not like he's going to see me only as some test subject, or..."

Ahh, the lack of common sense. Driving plots for 30 years.
Well, to give Morbulus a little credit: since this is an early episode, maybe it takes place early in the series continuity as well. If that's true, then we might assume that either Morbulus hasn't heard of Viper, or underestimates how dangerous he is.
2 x

EricoBard
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by EricoBard » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:30 am

Considering that by this point, "The Origin of Dr. Viper" had already happened, Mark, I'm not sure that that theory holds water.

His very first act was to kidnap the Mayor and Deputy Mayor with giant mutated mosquitoes fed off of his own corrupted blood, and then to try and mutate them into amalgams like he was.

Viper may not have qualified as "City-super-threat" by Episode 2, but he definitely was someone with a proven track record of treating others like lab rats.
2 x

Prettyshadowj26
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Prettyshadowj26 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Ty-Chou wrote:Oh my gosh! You started your podcast! Radical! I was wondering if that was ever going to get off the ground.

I will have to listen to the first episode this weekend when I have the time. The second episode looks fun, too. I will keep an eye out for them!

I'm Looking for it Too I'm so Excited
2 x

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:39 am

EricoBard wrote:Considering that by this point, "The Origin of Dr. Viper" had already happened, Mark, I'm not sure that that theory holds water.

His very first act was to kidnap the Mayor and Deputy Mayor with giant mutated mosquitoes fed off of his own corrupted blood, and then to try and mutate them into amalgams like he was.

Viper may not have qualified as "City-super-threat" by Episode 2, but he definitely was someone with a proven track record of treating others like lab rats.
Good point, although I guess it's still possible that Morbulus figured "this guy's not so tough, I can handle him"--and paid dearly for it.
1 x

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:49 am

marklungo wrote:...we might assume that either Morbulus hasn't heard of Viper, or underestimates how dangerous he is.
When he's in Dr. Viper's Swamp Tree-house, Morbulus does have this line of dialog:
So, this is the secret lab of the legendary Dr. Viper.
So, Morbulus knows about him, and that "legendary" doesn't sound sarcastic to me. It's used in the scene to try to flatter Viper, probably in a (futile) attempt to keep from getting harmed. And, it's a subtle use of exposition to give Viper a little bit of gravitas in the audience's eyes, too. Though, after going over this episode in the podcast, it would not have surprised me if in that scene Dr. Viper had outright said something along the lines of "I am the legendary Dr. Viper." ViperSMile
1 x