Um... Hi! I'm back again.

Tell us about yourself and how SWAT Kats is special to you!
Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Re: Um... Hi! I'm back again.

Post by Felony » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:47 pm

Oh wow! I do remember you, and the yahoo groups. Those weren’t the best for communicating with the set up though. I think I participated in The SWAT Kats Hangar which was created by Razaar Kaadle (Kishi Kat) I think? That was so long ago, my memory is fuzzy.

The last SK yahoo group I do remember more was the Monthly SWAT Kats Art Challenge which was ran by Strike and Klawz. They lost interest and handed it over to SageSK and I until it died. Were you ever on Barbera Mooney’s SK message board? That predated the yahoo groups and was the first SK place I hung out at.

Good to see another fan from back in the day. ^_^ Welcome back!
3 x
DarkKatFury

stancymckatt
Resident
United States of America

Post by stancymckatt » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:52 am

Felony wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:47 pm
Oh wow! I do remember you, and the yahoo groups. Those weren’t the best for communicating with the set up though. I think I participated in The SWAT Kats Hangar which was created by Razaar Kaadle (Kishi Kat) I think? That was so long ago, my memory is fuzzy.
BlushJakeIcon I'm thankful you remember me. Your, and Kristin's art, are a lot of why I kept trying to learn how to draw the human like figures.

Yahoo Groups were hard to talk on compared to what we have now. I remember The first black background forum being so much easier! I don't remember who started the Hanger clearly either, but Razaar sounds right. it was in full swing by the time I arrived. Around late 98, or early 99.

Razaar chatted with me on Yahoo! IM a lot. She took me under her wing and taught me a lot about interacting with folks online. Her and... BlackRazor? DeusExMachina? (it's fuzzy)... Were the ones that gave me 'the talk' about not using so much chatspeak in my posts (I needed it! SighingChanceIcon ). They did it in such a kind way that I wanted to talk to them more. Good memories. KittyEyesChanceIcon
Felony wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:47 pm
Were you ever on Barbera Mooney’s SK message board? That predated the yahoo groups and was the first SK place I hung out at.
I remember that it existed, but I wasn't a member. The Hanger was one of my first interactions with any fandom. If not the first. I landed in a really good spot :-)
2 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:12 pm

stancymckatt wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:52 am
I remember that it existed, but I wasn't a member. The Hanger was one of my first interactions with any fandom. If not the first. I landed in a really good spot :-)
For me it was... dang, hmm. I think it was a site called Down These Mean Skies or something. Had a green grid background and the owner had typed up Mark's entire Animato! episode guide, and it's also where I first got the notion that before becoming undead/immortal, the Pastmaster had been a clockmaker, as this is how he was described in the character guide section. After that it was Strike's website. The Hangar I remember but also don't. Goodness. I wish these sites all still existed.
1 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

stancymckatt
Resident
United States of America

Post by stancymckatt » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:12 pm
For me it was... dang, hmm. I think it was a site called Down These Mean Skies or something. Had a green grid background and the owner had typed up Mark's entire Animato! episode guide, and it's also where I first got the notion that before becoming undead/immortal, the Pastmaster had been a clockmaker, as this is how he was described in the character guide section. After that it was Strike's website. The Hangar I remember but also don't. Goodness. I wish these sites all still existed.
Down these Mean Skies was one of my favorites too. I was sad when it disappeared. SighingChanceIcon. I spent a lot of time on it.
2 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:01 pm

stancymckatt wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:52 am

Razaar chatted with me on Yahoo! IM a lot. She took me under her wing and taught me a lot about interacting with folks online. Her and... BlackRazor? DeusExMachina? (it's fuzzy)... Were the ones that gave me 'the talk' about not using so much chatspeak in my posts (I needed it! SighingChanceIcon ). They did it in such a kind way that I wanted to talk to them more. Good memories. KittyEyesChanceIcon
LOL yeah, netspeak was causing communication issues as half the people online weren’t using it.
stancymckatt wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Down these Mean Skies was one of my favorites too. I was sad when it disappeared. SighingChanceIcon. I spent a lot of time on it.
Was Down These Mean Skies ran by RJ Tremor?
2 x
DarkKatFury

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:17 pm

That's a good question. I have no distinct memory of who actually ran the site. Googling RJ Tremor, though, does reveal he was into the show.
1 x

Felony
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
United States of America

Post by Felony » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:50 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:17 pm
Googling RJ Tremor, though, does reveal he was into the show.
He was, as he ran an SK RPG for a little while and was in the MBI/SKRPG at one point.
2 x
DarkKatFury

MoDaD
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by MoDaD » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:59 am

Down These Mean Skies was run by Hyenaboy / Chuck:
My name is Chuck and I've been an honorary member of The Radical Squadron for, it seems, my entire life. This is my humble tribute to "The Two". For during the all-too-brief time when our worlds collided, I learned the true meaning of living, and surviving. To T-Bone and Razor I am eternally grateful for being there when I was weak, and for the wisdom they managed to pound into me. I am a better person because of them, and this is one of many ways I honor them. I love you SWAT Kats. Until we meet again....

Here's an archive.org link: https://web.archive.org/web/20000226024 ... kintro.htm

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 9.56.06 PM.png
4 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:17 am

Oof, looking at it now, the bright blue against the green grid background kinda hurts my eyes. Still a fun site, though, and I see a lot of material from the various press kit(s) found their way there (such as Feral being "power hungry" and Viper having mutated himself), but nevertheless, this was an important first site to come across, I think, because it had, I think, the best episode guide available at the time, specifically the fully typed up version of Mark's episode guide from the Animato! article. And even if he scanned it, Hyenaboy would've still needed to physically type the entire thing up and format it manually back then, I think, so it's still insanely impressive. Anyway, as I suspected, looking at the "SWAT Kats Experience" (I.e. links) section, I do see this must've been how I found Strike's page. I love, too, how Chuck cheekily has a link to his own site on there, for no other purpose than as a fun little gag. RazLaugh
2 x

stancymckatt
Resident
United States of America

Post by stancymckatt » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:31 pm

Felony wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:01 pm
LOL yeah, netspeak was causing communication issues as half the people online weren’t using it.
Indeed. But I was so new I still squeaked. So I didn't know any better. TboneLaughCait
MoDaD wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:59 am
Down These Mean Skies was run by Hyenaboy / Chuck:

Here's an archive.org link: https://web.archive.org/web/20000226024 ... kintro.htm
Thanks a bunch for putting the link here MoDaD. I spent quite awhile looking for it yesterday. :-)

Then got sidetracked when I found a link to one of my old sites from the archived version of Megakat Diner. Boy was I excited when I saw that The_Shadow_003 had put the link up back then. Someone liked my art! chancestareyesicon Sadly the swat kats page is gone. RazSad

Kooshmeister wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:17 am
Still a fun site, though, and I see a lot of material from the various press kit(s) found their way there (such as Feral being "power hungry" and Viper having mutated himself), but nevertheless, this was an important first site to come across, I think, because it had, I think, the best episode guide available at the time, specifically the fully typed up version of Mark's episode guide from the Animato! article. And even if he scanned it, Hyenaboy would've still needed to physically type the entire thing up and format it manually back then, I think, so it's still insanely impressive.
I hadn't thought about him having to type the whole thing... And then Code in the paragraph breaks. Wow! He put a lot of work into it! Very impressive indeed. Shows how much he loved the show.
Kooshmeister wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:17 am
Anyway, as I suspected, looking at the "SWAT Kats Experience" (I.e. links) section, I do see this must've been how I found Strike's page. I love, too, how Chuck cheekily has a link to his own site on there, for no other purpose than as a fun little gag. RazLaugh
You're probably right. I know it's how I discovered Strikes page. On my Dad's computer out in the mechanic shop's office. I didn't have my own computer yet. I think that's half of why my Dad's friend taught him how to build me a computer. Is he [the friend] got tired of listening to Dad complaining about my hogging his work computer!
2 x