new member (but old school fan)

Tell us about yourself and how SWAT Kats is special to you!
Talathia
Just Moved In
United States of America

new member (but old school fan)

Post by Talathia » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:40 am

New to the forum. But I've been in and out of the fandom since '99...? Making my rounds here and there. I used to be "Cookie". Its been a while.
I was digging through my things and came across the episodes. And missed this fandom, and the show. The show was a huge part of my life for a long time. And had a massive influence on my art. And even my novel, which I finished. Uh, literally have no idea what to say here other than. This show was so good, and is still good to this day. Looking forward to making new friends or catching up with old ones :}
4 x

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Re: new member (but old school fan)

Post by Kooshmeister » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:51 am

Welcome to our fun little forum! I've been a fan since '93, although I didn't actually get into the fandom until '97 (and even then it wasn't until '01 that I became actively involved; prior to then I just wrote a few terrible fanfics and participated in a few SWAT Kats-themed AOL chat rooms). Do you remember what your first episode was and what about it grabbed your attention and made you realize you were gonna like the show?
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)

marklungo
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by marklungo » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:43 pm

Glad to have you here!
1 x
"Saturday is usually my morning to sleep in."

Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Rusakov » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Two new members in one day!? Woohoo! BroFistIcon

Edit: oops. :oops:
Last edited by Rusakov on Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Talathia
Just Moved In
United States of America

Post by Talathia » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:52 pm

Kooshmeister wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:51 am
Welcome to our fun little forum! I've been a fan since '93, although I didn't actually get into the fandom until '97 (and even then it wasn't until '01 that I became actively involved; prior to then I just wrote a few terrible fanfics and participated in a few SWAT Kats-themed AOL chat rooms). Do you remember what your first episode was and what about it grabbed your attention and made you realize you were gonna like the show?
Thanks!!!

Oh yeah, I was a fan in the mid 90s.. I just wasn't as into it at the time. Probably had to do with the fact I had little access to TV as a kid. I just didn't discover the fandom since 98/99. Lots of fan art and embarrassing fanfiction came from my grubby teenage paws back in the day, lol.

Lets see, I think my first episode that really grabbed me in was likely Mutation City, in 98. I remembered the show being something I enjoyed when I was younger, so I sat it and watched it. I was waiting for Sailor Moon to start that day. But found myself gravitating more towards the SK over the following weeks. The animation was so sharp, and the themes and stakes were much darker and higher than any other cartoon I had scene at the time. I was hooked, and also; cats. I mean it was a world based on cat-people.

The character Kit, over in my icon. Was based on the idea of being Chance's cousin a million years ago (22). So lol, this show is responsible for the color pallet of my cat-sona/fursona Kit ;).
3 x

stancymckatt
Resident
United States of America

Post by stancymckatt » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Hi!

Welcome back into the community! :-)

Cat people is the main reason I started watching too... The fact the guys were mechanics is a lot of why I stuck with it. I think the main thing I didn't like in season two is that they didn't do as much with the guys around the garage.
4 x

Cody Furlong
Long-Term Resident
United States of America

Post by Cody Furlong » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:53 pm

From one fan to anther, welcome to the forums!
2 x
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow.
- Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills

Cait
Challenge Champion
Challenge Champion
Spain

Post by Cait » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:48 am

Welcome! chancestareyesicon
3 x
Image Find me on: DeviantArt / FurAffinity / Twitter / DLive Streaming

--------------

Profile pic made by Poecat.
NERO X3

Kooshmeister
Fandom Veteran
United States of America

Post by Kooshmeister » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:23 am

Talathia wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:52 pm
Lets see, I think my first episode that really grabbed me in was likely Mutation City, in 98.
Mine was also a Dr. Viper episode, The Giant Bacteria. It scared the crap outta me and helped firmly cement SWAT Kats in my mind as a show that was sometimes a lot darker than its contemporaries. But it also helped make me a longtime fan of both the show in general and Viper in particular. ViperSMile
2 x
R.I.P. Gary Owens (1936-2015)