New fans

Tell us about yourself and how SWAT Kats is special to you!
User avatar
akaim
Just Moved In
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 06, 2021 9:15 am
x 42
x 19
China

Re: New fans

Post by akaim » Thu May 13, 2021 10:05 pm

Mikazo wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:18 pm
akaim wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 9:41 am
I’m a new fan that from China.

I became the SWAT Kats' fan just few days ago. Although the SWAT Kats didn’t become a part of my childhood, it also led me found the feel that about dream when I was kid. I loved their characters and their story. I want to know more about SWAT Kats, so I found the MEGAKAT CITY and decided to join in.

My English is not well, but I am trying my best to learn it.
That’s all, thank you. :)
Nice to meet you! Your English is very good.

认识你很高兴。你说英语得非常好。当我在大学时候我学一点中文了。但是我觉得你的英语比我的中文好。
Nice to meet you too!
你的中文也很好啊,我的英语只是书面表达好一点,听力和口语都不行,还在学习中。

My English is good at writing, the sides of listening and speaking, which I am practicing, are not very good.
2 x

Mikazo
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 1:24 am
x 195
x 391
United States of America

Re: New fans

Post by Mikazo » Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 pm

akaim wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:05 pm

Nice to meet you too!
你的中文也很好啊,我的英语只是书面表达好一点,听力和口语都不行,还在学习中。

My English is good at writing, the sides of listening and speaking, which I am practicing, are not very good.
This is understandable. My German professor said that when learning a language, listening always comes last. 加油!
2 x

User avatar
akaim
Just Moved In
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 06, 2021 9:15 am
x 42
x 19
China

Re: New fans

Post by akaim » Thu May 13, 2021 10:55 pm

Mikazo wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 pm
akaim wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:05 pm

Nice to meet you too!
你的中文也很好啊,我的英语只是书面表达好一点,听力和口语都不行,还在学习中。

My English is good at writing, the sides of listening and speaking, which I am practicing, are not very good.
This is understandable. My German professor said that when learning a language, listening always comes last. 加油!
Thank you.
我会加油的! :D
2 x

User avatar
TazKat
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:23 am
Location: 'Murca
x 33
x 453
Contact:

Re: New fans

Post by TazKat » Tue May 18, 2021 6:35 pm

akaim wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:18 am
TazKat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:30 am
Contraction is just when two words are put together:

do not = don't
It is = it's
can not = can't

And so on.

Your English is MUCH better than my Chinese. I only know how to say "thank you" "hello" and "good morning" :mrgreen:
Not many Chinese where I live. Mostly Spanish and English-speakers where I am.
I mean, if I knew the contraction word meant.
Not meaning of the contraction.
My mistake.
Oh I see. "Contraction" simply means to draw together or pull together. Like you contract and expand your muscles.

Contract >---< and expand <---> are opposite.
0 x
"I heard him scream last night. It was awful! I wish he wouldn't do that when he gets kidnapped." --Lucille, Samurai Pizza Cats

My Website
My DA Account
Art Commission Info

User avatar
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 2:31 pm
x 560
x 458
United States of America

Re: New fans

Post by Rusakov » Wed May 19, 2021 1:52 pm

TazKat wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:35 pm
Oh I see. "Contraction" simply means to draw together or pull together. Like you contract and expand your muscles.

Contract >---< and expand <---> are opposite.
I think (s)he knows the definition of contraction, but has difficulty understanding individual examples of contractions.

I could be mistaken though.
1 x

User avatar
akaim
Just Moved In
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 06, 2021 9:15 am
x 42
x 19
China

Re: New fans

Post by akaim » Wed May 19, 2021 8:47 pm

Rusakov wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:52 pm
TazKat wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:35 pm
Oh I see. "Contraction" simply means to draw together or pull together. Like you contract and expand your muscles.

Contract >---< and expand <---> are opposite.
I think (s)he knows the definition of contraction, but has difficulty understanding individual examples of contractions.

I could be mistaken though.
Yes you're right. Your examples I all knew.
But if you used contractions I didn't learn, I would have difficulty understanding them.
1 x

User avatar
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 2:31 pm
x 560
x 458
United States of America

Re: New fans

Post by Rusakov » Sun May 23, 2021 12:59 pm

akaim wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:47 pm
Yes you're right. Your examples I all knew.
But if you used contractions I didn't learn, I would have difficulty understanding them.
Ah. I'll stick with using common contractions, then. ;)
1 x

User avatar
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 2:31 pm
x 560
x 458
United States of America

Re: New fans

Post by Rusakov » Fri May 28, 2021 10:50 pm

Also, I love that your user icon (avatar) is Chance Furlong's "O.o what's this?" face! :P
1 x

User avatar
akaim
Just Moved In
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 06, 2021 9:15 am
x 42
x 19
China

Re: New fans

Post by akaim » Fri May 28, 2021 11:06 pm

Rusakov wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 10:50 pm
Also, I love that your user icon (avatar) is Chance Furlong's "O.o what's this?" face! :P
:D I am gald you love this. It's very intersting and seems a little cute.
1 x

User avatar
Rusakov
Long-Term Resident
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 2:31 pm
x 560
x 458
United States of America

Re: New fans

Post by Rusakov » Fri May 28, 2021 11:12 pm

akaim wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:06 pm
:D I am gald you love this. It's very intersting and seems a little cute.
And funny too! crazymadkat
1 x

Post Reply